Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do any of the lagoon views have a day bed? We booked in the lagoon view category, but were hoping for a day bed because of our teen daughter and son.
In November we were at the YC GV and had a lovely room, King bed with a daybed. It was over by the tennis courts on the fourth floor I believe.

Does Disney ever discount Deluxe rooms or suites at the Beach or Yacht club? We are currently booked in a yacht club std club level room, but after hearing all the talk about how awful the std views are I’m trying to figure out my options. We are a family of six ( four small children) so our options are limited. Thanks!

They don't usually discount suites but they definitely discount the Deluxe Rooms. We are staying in one the second week of July with the military discount for $440/night (35% discount).

Not sure if they accommodate six, though. I know the Deluxe Rooms at the Boardwalk accommodate six because the couch folds out into a queen size bed. Not sure the fold out in the YC/BC rooms is a single or double bed.

They don't usually discount suites but they definitely discount the Deluxe Rooms. We are staying in one the second week of July with the military discount for $440/night (35% discount).

Not sure if they accommodate six, though. I know the Deluxe Rooms at the Boardwalk accommodate six because the couch folds out into a queen size bed. Not sure the fold out in the YC/BC rooms is a single or double bed.

Thank you! It looks like the BCdeluxe does accommodate six but the YC doesn’t. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that a deluxe room or suite is discounted!

This website will give you the historical data as to when Disney has released discounts and when.
https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/
Thank you! Looks like around April 25 is when the dis pints for fall start to c
This website will give you the historical data as to when Disney has released discounts and when.
https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

thanks! It looks like I should start checking for discounts around April 24, thanks for your help!

Yes, Pizza is still an option until at least 2 AM for in-room dining. Base menu price is $32 per pizza, plus $3 delivery, plus 18% service fee.

Another option for late night pizza, although not quite as late night, is the Boardwalk Pizza Window. The Pizza Window is open until midnight. You can purchase by the slice or a whole pie. It is located directly across Crescent Lake and is a short walk from the YC/BC Resort.

Dave

Can you use tide pods in the washing machines at the laundry or is it only the powder dispensers?

Anyone know if any of the std view YC CL rooms have shower only? Just want to see if it’s even worth putting it in as a request. Thanks.

Good question. I have never heard of this being done. The only way I know to change your reservation prior to your trip is through the Central Reservations Office.

Once you are at the resort, you can talk to the front desk to see what is available for rooms at the time you are checking in. They might be able to give you an idea of the possible views from the room you are assigned to, or others that are not occupied. They may even be able to give you the price to upgrade to another room category if that is what you want.

:goodvibes

Yes there are and yes, they are Lagoon or Garden view. These would be the rooms bordering the wedding gazebo and some at the end of the resort near the YC quiet pool.

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), some of the rooms down at that end of the resort were the ones where they were trying to book guests with dogs.

:dogdance:
Yes that is the area or was back in November when we stayed at the Yacht Club for guests with dogs but that does not bother me. We just found it too hard using the elevators last trip when we both needed a scooter. It is rough getting old lol

Heading back to BC-CL 7/4-11th.
Hey Jeannette, Jim and I will be there in just 2 weeks. One of these days we will meet up again. Going to the BC again in September with Jimmy and his family, then December at BWI for my birthday and got a room for my nephew and his family too!

The 4th of July fireworks in Epcot were amazing. They add additional fireworks to the end of Illuminations which came off the American pavilion and from the barges on the lake. We were there last 4th of July and it was a great time to be at the Beach Club. :)

We will be moving from BC to Poly for 4th of July. Do you think it’s worth the trek back to EPCOT for the 4th fireworks, or just enjoy our Poly view for both days? I’m worried it’s going to be crazy crowded and getting back to our hotel will be a joke. Our friends want us to go, they’ll still be at BC, but I’m not sure what to do. We have a Cape May reservation that night for dinner, but might cancel. I’m torn.

We will be moving from BC to Poly for 4th of July. Do you think it’s worth the trek back to EPCOT for the 4th fireworks, or just enjoy our Poly view for both days? I’m worried it’s going to be crazy crowded and getting back to our hotel will be a joke. Our friends want us to go, they’ll still be at BC, but I’m not sure what to do. We have a Cape May reservation that night for dinner, but might cancel. I’m torn.
I agree with Sue about the unbelievable extra fireworks that are tacked on to Illuminations on the 4th of July. That show and the extra fireworks and music that are added to Illuminations around Christmas are my favorites.

Is there any chance that you might be able to modify your plans and stay at one of the Epcot resorts on July 4, delaying your move to the Poly by one day? Then, it's just an easy 5-10 minute walk back to your resort from Epcot. I'm thinking that all of the parks will be super crowded on July 4; they usually are. If needing to get to the Poly from Epcot after Illuminations, you might consider taking a Minnie Van, if one is available, instead of the monorail.

Last edited:
I agree with Sue about the unbelievable extra fireworks that are tacked on to Illuminations on the 4th of July. That show and the extra fireworks and music that are added to Illuminations around Christmas are my favorites.

Is there any chance that you might be able to modify your plans and stay at one of the Epcot resorts on July 4, delaying your move to the Poly by one day? Then, it's just an easy 5-10 minute walk back to your resort from Epcot. I'm thinking that all of the parks will be super crowded on July 4; they usually are. If needing to get to the Poly from Epcot after Illuminations, you might consider taking a Minnie Van, if one is available, instead of the monorail.

We can’t... we have BCV from 6/23-6/30, if I extend it till the 4th, I wouldn’t need a split stay. We originally wanted to be at BCV for the 4th, but then thought it would be a beautiful view from GF or Poly, and we’d get to see two sets of fireworks right from our hotel. But our friends keep telling us how we can’t miss EPCOT’s show, but not sure we want to brave the crowds in the park or driving wise. We will most likely make the week of the 4th part of our annual trip, so it’s not the only time we’ll have the chance to see them, just having 2nd thoughts. The did say they’d pick us up and drive us back, but don’t want to put them out.

Thanks for the response!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter