DLP is a Disney Bargain even for Brits

OK, I have done my own (tongue very firmly in cheek ;) ) comparison. I've used rack rates for hotel rooms and non-discounted prices for the other items. The cost, though, is irrelevant. Which is, of course, entirely my point.

Picture2-2.png

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Never been to California, but will do a costing next time i plan, but Paris is a defo no!!! Too many French:worship:

Nothing wrong with the French. France is a lovely place and so are the majority of the people there. I've never had any problems with anyone of any nationality while in DLP.

While i love WDW aswell, but i would alwasy choose DLP over it.

UKDEB: Disneyland Paris does actually have an onsite golf course.

We love Disneyland Paris. It's no WDW, but it's a wonderful short-break destination. The Disneyland Park is, in my opinion, a million times nicer than Magic Kingdom in WDW - the castle and theming is absolute perfection, and many of the rides are better than their WDW counterparts (Pirates, BTMRR and Space Mountain are just three examples). What's more, it has the Disneyland Hotel. Nowhere else can you sleep virtually within a Disney theme park; it's a gorgeous hotel with excellent service and an absolutely unbeatable location. Despite our love of WDW, one of my best Disney memories is from spending NYE in Disneyland Paris and, at 1am, walking down Main Street USA back to our room at the DLH with a glass of champagne in hand.

well said.:thumbsup2
Where at WDW can you have a view like this from a hotel.
Picture278.jpg

We love Disneyland Paris. It's no WDW, but it's a wonderful short-break destination. The Disneyland Park is, in my opinion, a million times nicer than Magic Kingdom in WDW - the castle and theming is absolute perfection, and many of the rides are better than their WDW counterparts (Pirates, BTMRR and Space Mountain are just three examples). What's more, it has the Disneyland Hotel. Nowhere else can you sleep virtually within a Disney theme park; it's a gorgeous hotel with excellent service and an absolutely unbeatable location. Despite our love of WDW, one of my best Disney memories is from spending NYE in Disneyland Paris and, at 1am, walking down Main Street USA back to our room at the DLH with a glass of champagne in hand.

I'm a huge WDW fan but love the fact we have a little bit of Disney on our doorstep - I'm just sad I don't go as often as I'd like to...

oh and having a glass of wine with a meal at Walt's while looking over mainstreet.:cloud9:

I should mention that I'm in no way anti-DLP. I'm just baffled by the whole cost comparison hypothesis when the resorts themselves aren't comparable.

oh and having a glass of wine with a meal at Walt's while looking over mainstreet.:cloud9:
Totally agree, especially when a parade is going on ::yes::

Walt's is an exceptional dining venue, it's a shame MK/WDW doesn't have a similar eatery.

OK, I have done my own (tongue very firmly in cheek ;) ) comparison. I've used rack rates for hotel rooms and non-discounted prices for the other items. The cost, though, is irrelevant. Which is, of course, entirely my point.

Picture2-2.png

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I should mention that I'm in no way anti-DLP. I'm just baffled by the whole cost comparison hypothesis when the resorts themselves aren't comparable.

This is my exact opinion. The two holiday destinations offer such different experiences.
I haven't posted on this thread since a few pages ago and to be honest I think the thead is getting a bit petty. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and preferences and the beauty of this forum is that it's apparent everybody experiences their destination of choice differently. Some like to stay on site, others dont. Some like to have a pure Disney holiday, others like to venture off property. As you can imagine I could go on and on......
I think the beauty of Disney holidays is that we all come away having enjoyed different things.
Lets accept those differences and all agree that we all love holidaying at Disney regardless of where in the world we prefer to do it....::yes::

This is my exact opinion. The two holiday destinations offer such different experiences.
I haven't posted on this thread since a few pages ago and to be honest I think the thead is getting a bit petty. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and preferences and the beauty of this forum is that it's apparent everybody experiences their destination of choice differently. Some like to stay on site, others dont. Some like to have a pure Disney holiday, others like to venture off property. As you can imagine I could go on and on......
I think the beauty of Disney holidays is that we all come away having enjoyed different things.
Lets accept those differences and all agree that we all love holidaying at Disney regardless of where in the world we prefer to do it....::yes::

now if i win the world grand marshl prize,dont mind visiting DLP at all,your corect its degenerating as a thread,have been to cali and wdw,kids been to DLP and to us WDW wins out all the time for us ,until we vist dvc Hawaii
Paulh

cidnt realize that the thread was to OP own blog:rotfl2: thank good i wont be visiting it again in a hurry.Mods sure thre are rule regarding this
Paul

How about these:

Here are 2007's figures:

1 France 75,500,000
2 Spain 48,200,000
3 Italy 41,200,000
4 United Kingdom 25,200,000
5 Germany 19,000,000
6 Austria 18,000,000
7 Poland 17,400,000
8 Hungary 15,600,000
9 Greece 12,500,000
4 months ago
Source(s):
http://www.aneki.com/visited.html

First it is worth mentioning that Paris, the capital of France, represents world's number one tourist destination. Back in 2002 more than 76 million people around the world paid a visit to France and each year the capital of France serves as a tourist attraction that yearly gathers over 30 million visitors.

According to statistical data here are the world's most visited tourist destinations:

(international tourist arrivals)

http://bizaims.com/articles/tourism/Paris+World's+Most+Visited+City+Leisure+and+Statistics.html

"Berlin, of course, is already becoming a European leader in tourism. With a record 15 million overnight stays in 2005, Berlin has become the third most visited city in Europe after London and Paris. Tourists now spend almost €3 billion a year in the German capital."

Spiegel.de (ok, this could be an either or, but still shows greater visitation than Spanish sites)

So who needs to do their homework Paul?

Your supporting statistics seem a little off, the point was made about Paris and you list France. The link supplied about most visited destinations doesn't work as a link and copying and pasting doesn't either.

I have been to DLP and California and I was not happy about Winnie the Pooh being in French in DLP! There are lots of other things to do in California but the weather is not better than Florida, at least it is debatable, with LA Smoga and Sanfrancisco Fogs then the predicable thunderstorms of Florida are quite manageable.

Another thing the comparison pricing table in the original blog seems to show prices in Euros less than the number of pounds. Well I know the Euro has been getting stronger but surely the £ is still worth more. £1=1.238 Euro.

Picture2-2.png

Oh that cracked me up Deb!

I think you get a different type of holiday from each location so you can't really compare. In the past when I priced up DLRP and WDW, WDW was coming off better but I think it might now be starting to swing the other way with flight costs going up all the time. I will be visitng DLRP for the first time in 2 weeks. However much I love it (or not) I still think I would prefer to go to WDW as you just can't beat that sunshine.

Oh dear! I got directed over from the DLRP boards, so i thought i'd add my views.

I am a WDW fan, i always have been, always will be. However i can appretiate that DLRP is a great place for a short break (i will be going again myself come September and am very excited about it! :hyper:) However so suggest that one is better than the other on a 'like for like' basis is laughable, because they are not, or ever will be like for like!! They are 2 very different experiences.

There are some things i like better at DLRP, such as I think Pirates is better (have they put Jack Sparrow in France yet?), i think the theming is better and being able to walk from one park to the other and back to the hotel is great! Also being right next to a city of great culture rather than a swamp is a plus point too! However i have had problems with queuing there, more so than i have ever done at WDW in my experience. Maybe its just due to lack of communication between the multitude of Europian countries who go there, but it was a lot worse than i have experienced at any other theme park. The weather is also too like Britain which is unpredicatble and usually wet. Florida can have its downpours, but only for 5 minuites of so, then heats up again. I guess i don't really call it a holiday unless i am freezing cold skiing or boiling hot somewhere :rotfl:.

WDW has its ups and downs too, it has loads of parks and attractions, with waterparks you could easily spend a day in (with lots of sunscreen). The choice out there is immense, from hotels, theme parks, souvineers etc. A lot more than in DLRP in my opinion. It also has more affordable shopping, theme parks and places of interest around it than you can shake a stick at. However, yes it is huge, and can take ages to get around. Its bus transportation system is getting worse (in some peoples opinions) and it hasn't always got the same quality as DLRP, as it is a much older park. Also if you can't stand the heat, it can be a big problem.

I have been to DLR, WDW and DLRP, and i know in my heart i will always be a WDW girl, but that doesn't mean i discount the others entirely. I love them all for individual reasons, and can appretate them all without having to consider the other as 'not worth my time'.

I have had bad experiences as well as good in all the parks, but you've got to look at the postives, not just the negatives. For goodness sake, Disney is meant to be magical! So be happy dang it! :rotfl:

Have just read this thread and wanted to make a couple of observations if I may.

Firstly, you are not comparing like with like in any way. Yes they are both Disney parks, but, would you spend 2 weeks at DLRP, or Disneyland for that matter? If not, then the comparison falls over;

Secondly, what consideration has been given to exchange rates? Whilst the US$ has dropped recently from it's highs over the last 6 months or so, it is still pretty weak against the £, which is better for us tourists. The euro though is pretty strong against the £ and as such your holiday £notes will not go as far. Regardless of the fact that most consumables are more expensive in France.

Lastly,
I was not happy about Winnie the Pooh being in French in DLP!

There is Disney magic whichever place you choose-surely the point is you love Disney and want a good time right?

It's easier and cheaper for me to get a few days Disney fix in Paris as I cannot contemplate affording the american ones just yet...would love to visit them one day but I just like Disney end of. What it costs me to get a couple of days in Paris it would cost me in return flights alone to the US. If you have that kind of money and that amount of time to spend then fantastic, the american parks are bigger therefore it is not rocket science that there is going to be more to do, don't get me wrong there is plenty to do at DLP (not to mention PAris is next door for a bit of culture away from the parks!) but on a totally different scale. When my niece met Belle in Disneyland PAris this year, she didn't give a stuff where in the world she was located and why should she?

You either like Disney or you don't, what's the point of arguing over which side of the earth does Disney better

Honestly it's like being at school....my dads car is better than your dads... fine but it still gets you from A to B.

Have a good time wherever you go i say :thumbsup2

but as for price comparisons you just can't do it.....

There is Disney magic whichever place you choose-surely the point is you love Disney and want a good time right?

It's easier and cheaper for me to get a few days Disney fix in Paris as I cannot contemplate affording the american ones just yet...would love to visit them one day but I just like Disney end of. What it costs me to get a couple of days in Paris it would cost me in return flights alone to the US. If you have that kind of money and that amount of time to spend then fantastic, the american parks are bigger therefore it is not rocket science that there is going to be more to do, don't get me wrong there is plenty to do at DLP (not to mention PAris is next door for a bit of culture away from the parks!) but on a totally different scale. When my niece met Belle in Disneyland PAris this year, she didn't give a stuff where in the world she was located and why should she?

You either like Disney or you don't, what's the point of arguing over which side of the earth does Disney better

Honestly it's like being at school....my dads car is better than your dads... fine but it still gets you from A to B.

Have a good time wherever you go i say :thumbsup2

but as for price comparisons you just can't do it.....

were not having a go at which park is better,just the one which is value for money
The OPs facts dont add up
Paulh

I wouldn't want to spend 14 days at Disney in a row, however by the time we go back to school in September my family will have spent 56 nights between us at DLRP in one year. Four people in the family = 14 days each on average.
3 of us for 4 nights/5 days last October = £432.76 accommodation + £166.00 travel
2 of us for 3 nights/4 days at Christmas = £327.15 accommodation + £238.40 travel
3 of us for 4 nights/5 days in February = £432.60 accommodation + £196.00 travel
2 of us for 3 nights/4 days in April = £285.75 accommodation + £200.00 travel
4 of us for 5 nights/6 days in August :hyper: = £845.10 accommodation +258.00 travel
This is for travel and bed and breakfast only (we have room only, we don't include Park tickets). We stay onsite at a 3*** Disney hotel. I haven't included dining costs as we choose to eat quite expensively (Walts, Inventions, Auberge de Cendrillon) and could do it much cheaper. The travel cost had to be guessed for April as I used Airmiles to pay for the tickets, but it is in Zone 1 so costs very few Airmiles.

Anyway - total cost for hotel and travel is £3381.76.
Could we do Florida onsite for 14 days for this? I have no idea as I have never priced it, because for my family Florida has no appeal and we like short regular breaks to Paris. We don't choose Paris as the cheaper option but as the preferred option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter