DLP is a Disney Bargain even for Brits

We don't choose Paris as the cheaper option but as the preferred option.

I think that sums it up. We've been to both and love both but don't do one instead of the other, we do which ever suits the type of break we want at the time and accept the costs that our choice involves.

flight £650 each,accomadatcion were in dvc paid for and had our min 6 trips to pay for the outlay so acomadation the dues at £125 each,so for 3 weeks in aug were staying 8 nights pop cash at £9.25 each per night,8 nights SSR using points and 5 nights beach club at a total for the 3 weeks for our family of 4 = £3396
There is far mor choice in accomadation in florida than paris and would rather be where the sun shines than where it could be cold in aug.Now if they built it in spain that would have been a differnt matter,disney got backhanders to build in paris rather than in spain
Paulh

I wouldn't want to spend 14 days at Disney in a row, however by the time we go back to school in September my family will have spent 56 nights between us at DLRP in one year. Four people in the family = 14 days each on average.
3 of us for 4 nights/5 days last October = £432.76 accommodation + £166.00 travel
2 of us for 3 nights/4 days at Christmas = £327.15 accommodation + £238.40 travel
3 of us for 4 nights/5 days in February = £432.60 accommodation + £196.00 travel
2 of us for 3 nights/4 days in April = £285.75 accommodation + £200.00 travel
4 of us for 5 nights/6 days in August :hyper: = £845.10 accommodation +258.00 travel
This is for travel and bed and breakfast only (we have room only, we don't include Park tickets). We stay onsite at a 3*** Disney hotel. I haven't included dining costs as we choose to eat quite expensively (Walts, Inventions, Auberge de Cendrillon) and could do it much cheaper. The travel cost had to be guessed for April as I used Airmiles to pay for the tickets, but it is in Zone 1 so costs very few Airmiles.

Anyway - total cost for hotel and travel is £3381.76.
Could we do Florida onsite for 14 days for this? I have no idea as I have never priced it, because for my family Florida has no appeal and we like short regular breaks to Paris. We don't choose Paris as the cheaper option but as the preferred option.

so cost per night for you is £60.86 for your 56 nights,for us its for us its £40.42 per night for our 84 nights,we dont have breakfast included,but would expect a huge one for the price difrence.Anyway hope you enjoy your trip, i know we will enjoy ours
Paulh

OK, I have done my own (tongue very firmly in cheek ;) ) comparison. I've used rack rates for hotel rooms and non-discounted prices for the other items. The cost, though, is irrelevant. Which is, of course, entirely my point.

Picture2-2.png

:lmao:

Having just come back form DLP, it was my DW first time, me and the kids Second time, after many trips to WDW and Disneyland CL.

She said:- And I quote.

• Where's Splash mountain?
  • Where is the country bear jamboree?
  • Where is the Winnie the Pooh Ride,
  • Where is Test track, Karli River rapids?Great Movie ride?
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris?
  • Mickeys Toontown?
  • Etc. Etc,

For 'balance,'' You can get to DLP by train not plane, one benefit!

Upcoming Disney for me......

Disneyland California August 2008
WDW August 2009.
Disney cruise line 2008 and 2009,
DLP, Not scheduled at this time.

:lmao:

Having just come back form DLP, it was my DW first time, me and the kids Second time, after many trips to WDW and Disneyland CL.

She said:- And I quote.

• Where's Splash mountain?
  • Where is the country bear jamboree?
  • Where is the Winnie the Pooh Ride,
  • Where is Test track, Karli River rapids?Great Movie ride?
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris?
  • Mickeys Toontown?
  • Etc. Etc,

For 'balance,'' You can get to DLP by train not plane, one benefit!

Upcoming Disney for me......

Disneyland California August 2008
WDW August 2009.
Disney cruise line 2008 and 2009,
DLP, Not scheduled at this time.

DL does not have all those things ether :confused3

We don't choose Paris as the cheaper option but as the preferred option.

:thumbsup2

And that's the bottom line, preferred option. Sweeping generalisations aside, the OP has provided quite a passionate case for DLP, and surely that's the point of these boards.

Really enjoyed this thread! :surfweb:

Disneyland Paris is a wonderful short break destination and definitely a "must visit" for any true UK Disney fan, especially due to its close proximity to the UK.

As others have said, WDW and DLRP shouldn't be compared. In addition, I would question the benefits of discussing "value for money" comparisons, since such a concept is very subjective and down to individual judgment. We enjoyed visiting Disneyland Paris not because it was cheaper, but because it was a different experience, and because we often had limited holiday time due to work commitments, which meant it just wasn't possible to squeeze in an additional WDW trip.

I agree with the sentiments that Disneyland Paris is unique in many different aspects - the beautiful theming really does show up and the castle is, in my opinion, without doubt the best of the bunch. Being able to walk between the two parks and the hotels is another great feature, and - as has been mentioned -the Disneyland Hotel really is something special. If you have young children, being able to pop back to the room for a mid-afternoon break without eating-in to your vacation time is a great benefit. At the DLH you can be flying over London on Peter Pan's Flight one minute and, literally, be napping in your room the next. I also agree with the sentiments about Walt's - a wonderful restaurant with exceptional food, beautiful surroundings and great views. We loved the entire experience, from the classical lobby and elevator to the small individually themed dining rooms overlooking Main Street USA - you just don't get anything like that at WDW. Little things like the Dragon under the castle and the Indiana Jones ride also differentiate the park from Magic Kingdom in WDW. Although we enjoy visiting WDW over the holiday season, for me, DLRP would win hands-down. Christmas isn't Christmas without feeling cold, and wrapping up warm with a hot chocolate whilst watching the Christmas parade....with snow falling down on Main Street....it's a magical DLRP experience.

The weakening $USD and strengthening Euro will probably work to make DLRP comparatively more expensive, but if you look at DLRP and WDW as two different vacations - rather than as substitutes - pricing really doesn't come into it.

As others have said, WDW and DLRP shouldn't be compared. In addition, I would question the benefits of discussing "value for money" comparisons, since such a concept is very subjective and down to individual judgment. We enjoyed visiting Disneyland Paris not because it was cheaper, but because it was a different experience, and because we often had limited holiday time due to work commitments, which meant it just wasn't possible to squeeze in an additional WDW trip.

The weakening $USD and strengthening Euro will probably work to make DLRP comparatively more expensive, but if you look at DLRP and WDW as two different vacations - rather than as substitutes - pricing really doesn't come into it.

I agree with this:)

We stayed at Castle Club last year and it cost as much as two weeks at WDW in a value which may not seem good value to some people, however we love staying at the DLH and for us it was worth every penny. I don't think I could spend that much on a value at WDW when I could stay at the DLH in castle club for the same price, so as you say value is very subjective.

I agree with this:)

We stayed at Castle Club last year and it cost as much as two weeks at WDW in a value which may not seem good value to some people, however we love staying at the DLH and for us it was worth every penny. I don't think I could spend that much on a value at WDW when I could stay at the DLH in castle club for the same price, so as you say value is very subjective.
Totally agree; everyone has different tastes and preferences :goodvibes

I'd prefer a couple of nights in Castle Club than three weeks at a value in WDW, too! :thumbsup2

2 Cents from a couple of Yanks making their 1st trip to DLRP in 2 weeks. Been going to Disneyland CA since I was 6 years old (in my 40's now). It's got a great retro feel to it, however it is small and way too crowded most of the time - Too many people trying to fit into 2 parks. Let me say that both DW and I are seasoned world travelers but we really love to spend our vacation money at WDW because there is so much to do. However, with the endless Travel Channel shows focused on WDW, every day is more and more and more crowded - forget the weekends. But we still go because we love it, and we have not even scratched the surface on things to do or see. In my opinion, WDW is not necessarily better than Disney Anaheim, but a much different Disney experience.

In 2 weeks, we are looking forward to DLRP for a new Disney experience. In fact, we are hoping that ALL the Disney travelers go to California, Florida, Tokyo, or Hong Kong while we explore and play at DLRP (no crowds!!). We will reserve an opinion on DLRP until we return, but we are excited to experience Disney from a new perspective (Both of us have been to Paris several times and are not interested in the least to venture into the city on this trip).

Value? What's that? Either you can afford a vacation (Holiday) or you can't - that's an individual decision each of us has to make. But, money aside, once you are in the park, everyone is the same. ;)

Cheers from the US desert

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter