• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in my inbox:

Disneyland Resort Passholder

Dear Valued Passholder,

From all of us at the Disneyland Resort, thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We cannot wait to welcome you back.

As you may have heard, the state of California recently indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4. Given the time required for us to recall thousands of cast members and restart our business, we had no choice but to delay the reopening of our theme parks until we receive state and local government approvals. Unfortunately, we do not have a new reopening date to share at this time.

With this, details about the new theme park reservation system and updates on Annual Passholder program options have also been delayed. We recognize you may have questions, and we will provide you with this information as soon we can.

Despite these delays, we are still very excited to welcome you back to the Downtown Disney District on July 9! The reopening will feature many favorite shopping and dining experiences, including the flagship World of Disney store. We can’t wait to see you there!

We truly appreciate you as a passholder, and we look forward to welcoming you home to make some magic again real soon.

To ensure delivery, please add:disneydestinations@passholder.disneydestinations.com to your email address book or safe list.

Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form.

©Disney

This just in my inbox:

Disneyland Resort Passholder

Dear Valued Passholder,

From all of us at the Disneyland Resort, thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We cannot wait to welcome you back.

As you may have heard, the state of California recently indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4. Given the time required for us to recall thousands of cast members and restart our business, we had no choice but to delay the reopening of our theme parks until we receive state and local government approvals. Unfortunately, we do not have a new reopening date to share at this time.

With this, details about the new theme park reservation system and updates on Annual Passholder program options have also been delayed. We recognize you may have questions, and we will provide you with this information as soon we can.

Despite these delays, we are still very excited to welcome you back to the Downtown Disney District on July 9! The reopening will feature many favorite shopping and dining experiences, including the flagship World of Disney store. We can’t wait to see you there!

We truly appreciate you as a passholder, and we look forward to welcoming you home to make some magic again real soon.

To ensure delivery, please add:disneydestinations@passholder.disneydestinations.com to your email address book or safe list.

Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form.

©Disney

I guess better late then never? It's weird that it still has a reference to "Sometime after July 4th" when it already is sometime after July 4th.

WDW BTMRR with plexiglass installed in the queue and loading area:

If you have Facebook, yulilin3 from the TPAS board live-streamed from MK this morning:

Live streaming from Orlando Theme Parks: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008669016411

Interesting with the plexiglass. I get that they are providing separation between where the two lines may come into close contact but at the same time that is also enclosing some of those areas in even further than they were.

Interesting with the plexiglass. I get that they are providing separation between where the two lines may come into close contact but at the same time that is also enclosing some of those areas in even further than they were.
Some CMs noted the plexiglassed-in loading lines - in the heat and humidity, they are concerned about guests.

The Safari vehicles in AK had plexiglass between seats and riders were told they could remove their masks! 😮 Now, whenever regular guests are in plexiglass areas, they’ll think they can remove their masks. At least DL doesn’t have large ride vehicles like Safari.

Some CMs noted the plexiglassed-in loading lines - in the heat and humidity, they are concerned about guests.

The Safari vehicles in AK had plexiglass between seats and riders were told they could remove their masks! 😮 Now, whenever regular guests are in plexiglass areas, they’ll think they can remove their masks. At least DL doesn’t have large ride vehicles like Safari.
Plexiglass on the Safari vehicles sounds pleasant in the FL heat. :sunny:

I checked with rteetz and he said photos showed Dinosaur at AK - same ride system as Indy - is only loading 1 party/group per car. That’s good to hear and hopefully DL handles Indy the same.
Wow, per car is really interresting. I would have assumed they would to every other row.

Wow, per car is really interresting. I would have assumed they would to every other row.
It may be an airflow concern. Length of the ride, speed of the car, and all that air flying with poisoned arrows...and the snakes. 🐍🐍 😉

WDW BTMRR with plexiglass installed in the queue and loading area:

If you have Facebook, yulilin3 from the TPAS board live-streamed from MK this morning:

Live streaming from Orlando Theme Parks: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008669016411
The problem with that will be the lack of breeze through the area in FL (from a physical “omg this is hot” perspective, not talking science as this isn’t the place).

I checked with rteetz and he said photos showed Dinosaur at AK - same ride system as Indy - is only loading 1 party/group per car. That’s good to hear and hopefully DL handles Indy the same.
Dude. Indy line will stretch to Main St even at 25% park capacity without physical distancing if they did that 😂 Dino is darn near a walk on many days at WDW with AK at normal capacity (cause it sucks). But Indy... Indy with one car per party sounds like a complete nightmare. Like, it’s my favorite ride in all of DLR, but for the love of Indy don’t bother to open it if they’re gonna give it a capacity of one party per car!

Dude. Indy line will stretch to Main St even at 25% park capacity without physical distancing if they did that 😂 Dino is darn near a walk on many days at WDW with AK at normal capacity (cause it sucks). But Indy... Indy with one car per party sounds like a complete nightmare. Like, it’s my favorite ride in all of DLR, but for the love of Indy don’t bother to open it if they’re gonna give it a capacity of one party per car!
And don't let it break down lol

The ride is like... I’m struggling to find a DLR comparison... monsters!! Yep. On a normal day the line to Dino is similar in behavior to the line at Monsters as far as wait times go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter