• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. Indy line will stretch to Main St even at 25% park capacity without physical distancing if they did that 😂 Dino is darn near a walk on many days at WDW with AK at normal capacity (cause it sucks). But Indy... Indy with one car per party sounds like a complete nightmare. Like, it’s my favorite ride in all of DLR, but for the love of Indy don’t bother to open it if they’re gonna give it a capacity of one party per car!
Ideal ride to use a Virtual Queue.

They probably determined plexiglass dividers wouldn’t work on the vehicles or it wasn’t worth it for Dinosaur.

I checked with rteetz and he said photos showed Dinosaur at AK - same ride system as Indy - is only loading 1 party/group per car. That’s good to hear and hopefully DL handles Indy the same.
I’ve not been following WDW closely today - any word on how parties of 1 are being managed? I’m guessing along with no FP+ there will also not be a single rider line to fill those empty seats. But sometimes there are solo travelers. Trying to picture one person in the Indy vehicles or on something like Racers or Splash Mountain.

I’ve not been following WDW closely today - any word on how parties of 1 are being managed? I’m guessing along with no FP+ there will also not be a single rider line to fill those empty seats. But sometimes there are solo travelers. Trying to picture one person in the Indy vehicles or on something like Racers or Splash Mountain.
Info that was posted from the CM Hub stated no Single Rider lines because they weren’t grouping strangers together in ride vehicles.

Solo guests will probably ride alone.

Another update: For Naples, I saw reports on instagram and facebook that you can book reservations on their website, not disney's site. If you want to eat there, I would say book a reservation before they fill up. I'm sure they will be running at a lower capacity.

New bag check procedure reported at WDW:

New bag check procedure
You put all your electronics and keys, anything metal in a clear plastic bag provided by Disney. The cm does not touch anything
You put your backpack back on and walk through the metal detector
Anything and everything metal must be put in the plastic bag or else it will set off the metal detector
They are the clear wdw ones. So yeah they're big

Even if the gaiter has ear holes, they are not allowed?
Based on the tweet, I would think not: "Traditional face masks are now required." But we don't have any further news yet, since this just came from the WDW boards. I'm sure we will get more news as other people post their experience.

What is the issue with the neck gaiters? Is it because they are less effective, or is it something else?
WDW's face covering requirements state that all face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Standard gaiters don't meet the third requirement for ear loops/ties. However, there are gaiters made with built-in ear loops or ear openings. Those would meet all requirements, but I haven't seen anyone posting about using them at WDW yet.

Just a reminder: The title says it all. This Superthread is for official news and updates regarding the DLR reopening (DL, DCA, DTD, and hotels). All speculation about the reopening needs to go in the Disneyland Reopening Speculation Thread on the Disneyland Community Board.
When posting news, please add a source, link, citation, etc.

For everyone who is keeping this superthread rolling by staying on topic, keeping us up to date with official news, and linking the sources: Thank you!

midnight star said:
Info from @yulilin3 on how the IASW boats were cleaned at WDW. Potentially could see something like this at DL.
Do we know what they're using to spray the boats?

The quote below from the WDW boards may have an answer:

Prince Charming Dev asked in one of his videos and they indicated it was some sort of Peroxide solution.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter