Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I read. I think I'm watching mass hysteria unfold in front of my eyes.

Disney entering people's hotel rooms is not the reason I'm afraid for humanity. :)
Mine is not hysteria although I think some of the things ppl mention are legit concerns. Mine is that if I do not want to be disturbed, I do not want to be disturbed or get up to answer the door to tell you that I do not want to be disturbed. It’s vacation & some of us travel to wdw often so it’s not once every 5 years that this will effect us. And I can vacation other places or stay off-site, but it’s frustrating that WDW continues to ignore guests requests/concerns. They send out stupid surveys imo about stuff that doesn’t matter, but then do things like this & the dog thing with no guest input. The dog policy doesn’t bother me, but, like this, it was forced on guests with existing reservations with little to no warning.

Good point so then it becomes even more worthless. Wouldn’t want that “security” job. Uhh your assignment today is to go check all the rooms for a mass murderer. Good luck. Have a good day.
Exactly. I don't think sneaking a semi automatic weapon into any hotel room security checks or not would be a hard thing to do. It would have fit nicely into my suitcase at our Time Square hotel. The whole thing is pretty pointless IMHO. I'm not going to lose sleep over it or change my plans because of it.

I am VERY opposed to this new policy. I don't need or want Housekeeping for the 4 nights I'm in one location.

I'm sure it's meaningless but the deadbolt will continue to be always latched and I will take a quick phone pic of my suitcase and the items in the safe when I leave. I want to know if anything was 'rearranged'. If I noticed anything, a trip to the manager will be taken immediately.

If I am in the room when someone walks in, the first thing I'm doing is taking a picture of the Housekeeper.
Again, means nothing most likely but I'm doing it anyway.

Dogs and now this. Very discouraging.

Wow. I am so disturbed by this new policy. I have a disabled child who is a "runner." Someone opens the door and he could be gone. Not to mention, we do daily naps. A knock and yelling "Don't come in" would wake up my kids. This may be what gets us to stay offsite. I bought DVC partially because I hate having maids come into my room. I already emailed Disney and Ali hope others do the same. I am so uncomfortable with this that I reqlly may consider selling my DVC points.

Or you could stay at a non MK resort.

Actually no. I won't stand for people being prematurely accused of such disgusting things. It's ridiculous, inflammatory, and it's going way too far at this point. Staring at naked young children, imitating cast members with fake uniforms, walking in on women in the shower. I'm sorry, it's how I feel and it's sad I'm alone in this.

Across multiple threads, my outlook is sad. I'm done with this.

?? All those things have already happened at Disney. I work in law enforcement. Have friends in law enforcement in Florida. All those things you list have already happened at Disney World. Numerous times. Disney has great security, great cast members and these things still happen just like they happen in every major city. Disney's rate of such incidents is comparatively low but it still happens. And most of it is no big secret. A Google search or searching reviews will give examples of instances where somebody got in a room and did something they should not have.

Still I would not go nuts worrying about this. Disney's incident rate is comparatively pretty low but the standard rule for any traveler anywhere should be use the safe and use the latch. Always.

Is this new policy bad? I am not a fan. I understand why they are doing it. Some hotels in some areas daily room checks could be very helpful. At Disney I don't think it's gonna be of much use and more people visiting your room does equal more chances for mischief and general annoyance. I think people should definitely be warned about this and be aware that this will happen.

Last edited:
I've had housekeeping just walk into the room before without knocking, I've had friends who've had housekeeping walk in without knocking, so I religiously deadbolt anyway. The hysteria is bananas, but honestly, I hate it when they walk in on me while I'm doing something like showering or walking around in my ratty underpants but that's why I deadbolt.

?? All those things have already happened at Disney. I work in law enforcement. Have friends in law enforcement in Florida. All those things you list have already happened at Disney World. Numerous times. Disney has great security, great cast members and these things still happen just like they happen in every major city. Disney's rate of such incidents is comparatively low but it still happens. And most of it is no big secret. A Google search or searching reviews will give examples of instances where somebody got in a room and did something they should not have.

I'm sure I don't have to explain this to you, but my post is in reference to the ridiculous extremes people were leaping to with this new policy. Not that bad things can happen in Disney. :rolleyes:

This is an honest question, but are these Security Room Inspectors armed? In the unlikely instance that they do stumble upon some crazy, do they just get killed?

They won't stumble upon anything. They have already publicly stated they won't be going through guests luggage or opening room safes.

The Vegas mass murderer was hauling in multiple bags over multiple days and had housekeeping everyday cleaning his rooms. He had to have started unpacking his bags and setting up for his murder spree sometime after noon the day of the massacre. A similar style room check being implemented by Disney would have done nothing to catch or prevent Vegas murderer.

Unless they plan on counting pieces of luggage and when they reach some magical number call the cops because a family of four should have 4 large suitcases and 4 personal items and the Robinson family has 5 large suitcases and 5 personal item sized bags?

Even if they did search the entire room and all the luggage once a day, what's preventing the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day from having something 'illicit'? It's bizarre, it makes no sense. If guests can keep anything they want hidden in their luggage, there is no point in a room security check.... so what is the actual point of a these room checks?

We need a hero to rise up! I say as soon as we hear the "housekeeping" door knock, put on some tattered tighty whities and confidently stand without saying a word while housekeeping does a WMD check... Or use the deadbolt. Either works.

Wow - someone just got some coal for Christmas.

We have members on this board from all over the world and what you posted was offensive, insensitive and inappropriate. I think it's time to close this thread.

Last edited:
I am VERY opposed to this new policy. I don't need or want Housekeeping for the 4 nights I'm in one location.

I'm sure it's meaningless but the deadbolt will continue to be always latched and I will take a quick phone pic of my suitcase and the items in the safe when I leave. I want to know if anything was 'rearranged'. If I noticed anything, a trip to the manager will be taken immediately.

If I am in the room when someone walks in, the first thing I'm doing is taking a picture of the Housekeeper.
Again, means nothing most likely but I'm doing it anyway.

Dogs and now this. Very discouraging.

I have an idea. Maybe they can borrow all the dogs in the rooms and recruit them to spy and sniff on the other guests !!!!Ya know offer a discount for German Shepards! Zig Hiel!

Wow - someone just got some coal for Christmas.

We have members on this board from all over the world and what you posted was offensive, insensitive and inappropriate. I think it's time to close this thread.
A lot of things that happened in history were offensive. Pretending they didn't happen won't change history. Unfortunately history tends to repeat itself. Maybe the above post was a little harsh, but I see her/his point.

We're staying at a DVC property on rented points during our next stay. We get no daily housekeeping. Does this mean we do get a daily awkward room visit? It somehow seems worse if they aren't going to also empty our trash bins.

I feel really terrible that Disney CMs are now tasked with this job. Walking in on someone when they are changing is almost worse than being the person who is walked in upon.

This makes me so uncomfortable. we will be at AKL in 2 weeks and the last thing I need is someone walking in on me. I have MS and rest is crucial. If i don't get the right amount, an attack will be triggered and an ER visit is needed. You may think i'm over exaggerating but sleep is almost impossible to begin with. I hope we don't have an issue.

According to Disney a Cast Member is going to knock on your door EVERY day and essentially.. (lets not kid ourselves SPY on you)...and there is nothing you can do about it. In the free and brave United States of America you are not allowed your PRIVACY anymore while spending thousands of dollars on your magical vacation! You are not allowed to place a 'Do NOT disturb" sign on your door as you have no doubt done your whole life without issue.
Please let us know your experience when you return. I am sorry for your affliction. It is just one example of dozens that make this policy a slap in the face to our freedom as Americans and it shows that they know people will still come to WDW and spend their $$$ and pack the parks.

If we all boycotted and withheld our $$$ this stupid and ineffective policy would end pronto. But they know most people will roll over like Americans have done since you know when.

I'm done going to WDW after this nonsense. I won't pay to be spied on. Nope.
Please let us know how your stay went.

Maybe if you stuck to the facts, or the facts that we know, your post wouldn't be so easy to label a huge over-reaction. The Do Not Disturb signs have been replaced with Room Occupied. You can still have a sign on your door to alert housekeeping or whoever to the fact that you are in your room. At any rate, even having a Do Not Disturb sign was no guarantee of your room not being entered. Don't kid yourself. Disney always had the power to enter your room. Now they are simply being more upfront about it.

Plus, this is only at the 3 monorail resorts.

I also find it laughable that because of this you won't go to WDW to be spied on. A theme park that is covered front to back with cameras watching your every move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter