Do you have a ride/show you try to do first every trip?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
I think I kind of have a weird one but it has a special meaning. My Disneymoon last year was my first ever trip to Disney World and pretty much my wife's first trip too. Epcot was our first park and our first ride was The Three Caballeros. So yes my first ride ever at Disney World was The Three Caballeros and that will forever be a special ride for us! Now we plan that to be our first ride on all of our upcoming trips!

How about you?

Growing up my family would always go to MK first, and we'd always go right to Pirates first thing in the morning. It's become such a nostalgic thing for me that I always make sure Pirates is the first thing I do at MK.

We have specific attractions at each park we do first but its more for strategy reasons then "tradition".
We are rope droppers so we like to do the ride that gets a long line early and it never seems to let up.
At MK we do Peter Pan's Flight.
At HS we do Rock N Roller Coaster.
AT Epcot we do Test Track.
We don't usually rope drop AK so we don't have a particular attraction.

Growing up my family would always go to MK first, and we'd always go right to Pirates first thing in the morning. It's become such a nostalgic thing for me that I always make sure Pirates is the first thing I do at MK.
I came in to say this same thing. Even though I have a very OCD nature about myself and don't like skipping things as I go around the park, I always go walking in all the way to Pirates to ride and then once I've been on that, I can start knocking out other rides in order. :)

Not really, and certainly not any more. FP and then FP+ eliminated the need to seek out the most popular attractions first. A few years ago, right after FP+ was implemented (but before staying at the Swan/Dolphin qualified you for advanced FP+ booking), my daughter and I went into Epcot, made our same day FPs at the International Gateway entrance, and then headed over to Innoventions to ride Sum of All Thrills. It didn't open right away, and there was no line to get into. So the very first thing we did that day was take the guided tour of the House of the Future. Needless to say, we were the only 2 people in the tour, and I would venture to guess that we were among the .00001% of all Epcot guests who ever hit up the House of the Future as their Rope Drop attraction. :goodvibes

Well, it has changed as DD gets older. We used to do IASW first, but now we do HM. We like to make Pirates our last ride on our way out.

Since we switched our trips from Spring Break to Food&Wine we hit Epcot first, usually getting to the IG around 11 am or so after checking into Board Walk. We make Soarin' our first FP+ choice but more often our first 'attraction' is that seen in the pic below.

Bill From PA

We don’t do a specific ride when we get there but we always go to Epcot first. But when we leave our tradition is to have Spaceship Earth be our last ride :lovestruc

Not really something we have to do first every trip but I always try to end my trips with Wishes, which I'm still super sad about....

But, if it's morning at DHS I try to ride Toy Story first, any other time we enter DHS I head straight for ToT.
At Animal Kingdom I have always done Safari first, although that will probably change now...
EPCOT, we typically try to end with Spaceship Earth, let's everybody else clear out of the park for the night! First ride is usually Soarin.
Magic Kingdom, I usually go left when I enter the park because I feel most people go right. So first ride is usually Pirates (I backtrack a little to Jungle Cruise)

When I'm travelling with my sister we always try to fit in one last ride on Haunted Mansion before we leave, no matter how many times we've ridden that trip. It's our favorite ride, we love to scream like we are terrified, it's so much fun!

MK is our first park and Peter Pan is our first ride. In May, we did not do MK the first day and I was thrown off!

We meet Mickey first, almost every trip. My kids are young (5 and 3) and we usually tell them we are going to Disney because Mickey invited us (for a party, etc). So the kids always want to thank Mickey for inviting us there and also for the in room celebration (which we say was a gift from Mickey).

DH likes to do Haunted Mansion as our first ride at MK, but sometimes it doesn't make sense to use precious Rope Drop time on Haunted Mansion, so we don't always make it there first.

MK first to see the Castle, walk through and ride IASW.....it's tradition!

We always arrive mid-day (we drive) and go to Magic Kingdom that first afternoon to ride the Magic Carpets. It was the first ride my kids rode when we rope dropped our first trip. My daughter was four and we rode alone. She loved trying to get the camel to squirt me. It is such a good memory of her sheer delight on the ride, that it has become our traditional first ride. Our first full day at a park has somehow become AK or Epcot depending on the day we arrive.

Spaceship Earth. We always head to Epcot first and it rarely has any kind of a line when we are there so we ride it first thing. We go to Epcot primarily for World Showcase so we don't feel the need to race off to certain rides at rope drop, so doing Spaceship Earth first thing doesn't get in the way of other rides for us.

I came in to say this same thing. Even though I have a very OCD nature about myself and don't like skipping things as I go around the park, I always go walking in all the way to Pirates to ride and then once I've been on that, I can start knocking out other rides in order. :)

Same! :)

Not really first, but we do have things that are must do for us. One of them is stopping for a frozen Coke at the Coke store on our way out of Futureworld on the way to World Showcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter