• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have a ride/show you try to do first every trip?

Tower of Terror... yes I'm weird.

ETA I even made it my husband's first WDW ride (just like it was mine) and then we had a private ride on it on our wedding day too.

No. I try to avoid unnecessary constraints on the trip. If everyone has a "must do first" - good grief! That's a recipe for starting off with at least a few people angry.

I think people get into that - I want to stay at The Contemporary, theme park view, odd numbered room, floor higher than 8, take a yellow monorail to the park on the first morning, ride dumbo first, have a big pretzel before lunch, eat outside on the patio at Pinocchio for lunch after riding Big Thunder and buying a hat, etc... - nightmare scenario. These people are not invited to go with me.

Hi

From the UK so our 'first' trip is to Cracker Barrel 6:00 am first morning (feels like mid day for us) for breakfast before heading to MK for lots of goes on BTMR then SM for an equal number of goes. Then all of the traditional rides IASW CoP etc.

Regards

Paul

I wouldn't say I try to do any one ride first, but by default, Epcot alwasy seems to end up being our first park. And Spaceship Earth, by default of its location, seems to often end up being our very first ride of the trip.

We try to start of every trip with breakfast at Chef Mickey's! Probably not going to happen this year because we had to reschedule due to Irma though. :(

Haunted Mansion! It just puts me in a happy Disney mood to start the vacation.

No, we don't have any traditions for our first ride. I'm glad we don't because I don't want to be tied to a certain park for arrival day. I want flexibility between HS, EP on arrival day.

However, we do everything possible to schedule MK as the park we go to on our first full day! (making sure we are early enough to see the opening show!). That's our "tradition". Sets our mood... :) :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Dan

For DW and I, we are not officially at Disney until we eat at Via Nappoli. It's the first reservation I make on our arrival day for early afternoon.

MK: 7DMT (If I can get a FP+ or during EMM)
Epcot: Frozen (If I can get a FP+ or the line isn't too bad)
MGM: Toy Story
AK: Expedition Everest

The last thing we did this trip was Soarin', but usually it's just something close to the exit. First is almost always a character meal to get in the mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter