Does anyone remember the Empress Lilly?

Does anyone know - what year did they close Empress Lily, and turn it over to Fultons?

Maddle

The Steerman's Quarters was a must for us every trip. Never got to try the soapy napkin though;)

Originally posted by Maddle
Does anyone know - what year did they close Empress Lily, and turn it over to Fultons?

The Empress Lilly 5/1/77 - 4/22/95, Fultons Crab House opened 3/10/96.
We still call it The Lilly, if we're thinking about eating there, it's "Ya' wanna' eat at that place on The Lilly?"

HTH,
Frank

Originally posted by Micca
The Steerman's Quarters was a must for us every trip. Never got to try the soapy napkin though;)

What I loved about the Steerman's Quarters was looking out that huge rear window and watching the paddle wheel go 'round. Sadly, the wheel is gone too.

Frank

Yep, I remember. We did character breakfast there, even have framed picture of us they took befor we boarded! I thought it was great!

We usually ate on the Fisherman's Deck. The food was always great. We always got dressed up to eat there. We used to dress nice when we ate at World Showcase too.

It used to be you dressed up to out to dinner. Now if you dress up, you look out of place. Almost everywhere is really casual.

We first went to the Baton Rouge Lounge on our honeymoon. What a great place. We were really sorry to see it change to Fulton's.

And the quaint Disney Village, the change is just amazing. I do miss some of the neat shops they had.

over 20 yrs ago, spent a memorable evening on the empress Lily. It was my honeymoon & only the Magic Kingdom was there. Downtown DIsney was called the Marketplace.

great memories, great times. wish she was still the same.

went to FUlton 2 yrs ago...Just doesn't cut it for me

Originally posted by andrabell
Not that it isn't nice now but I have nostalgic memories of when it was a charming and quaint lakeside shopping area.
Ahhhh, progress.

So that's what they call it, progress........

steve

Just had to add this about the character breakfast-this morning I found a souvenier pennant we got from the character breakfast in 1989. Lots of people have mentioned pictures, but does anyone else have a pennant? I don't know if it was given or we bought it. I suspect it was given out.

Originally posted by smfnj
So that's what they call it, progress........

steve

Some would call it that. But I have fond memories of leaving The Lilly, strolling over to the Lite Bite (for you youngsters,now Ghiradellis), grabbing a cup of Java, sitting under the twinkling tree lites, while DD played in that kids-playhouse-what-ever-it-was-called that was in front of the eatery.
Then again Steve, I also have great recollections of stumbling along Bay Ave from Bayshores, across to Tony Mart, over to Gregory's and down to the Anchorage.<G>

Frank
waving hi from across the bay in OC!:p

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Just had to add this about the character breakfast-this morning I found a souvenier pennant we got from the character breakfast in 1989. Lots of people have mentioned pictures, but does anyone else have a pennant? I don't know if it was given or we bought it. I suspect it was given out.

Yep, we still have ours, from 87 or 88 IIRC. As I recall, they were give out to the youngins'.

Frank

I also remember one evening ( I had gone back to our VacationVilla early with the kids) and hubby 'lingered' at the Empress imbibing a little too much, so he asked the bartender the best way to the villa. Bartender said 'no problem' and called a pontoon boat which picked up DH and the Empress and deposited him in front of our Villa!!!!! Oh for the good old days!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter