Does disney card?

Adult daughter at F&W last year was asked for id by security while she was walking around with drink she had purchased 5 min. earlier from a kiosk. I think they might have been spot checking that CMs were properly carding.

If you are young, or look young, then yes they do card. You need the actual ID. Magic band will not be accepted. That is Florida law, not up to Disney.

If you are not young or look young, then you may get carded on occasion. I have seen so many Disney guests get mad when a server or bartender asks for an ID they didn't bring with them. If you're asked, then Disney will NOT serve you if you don't have it, no matter how old you look.

Everyone who wants to purchase alcohol should bring IDs.

I saw a sign at.........CG(?) that stated a photocopy of a passport was acceptable.

Not entirely the case...for those who are not from the US, Florida law requires a passport as ID for alcohol purchase. If someone doesn't wish to carry around their passport, there is a provision to accept a photocopy of a passport, as long as it is accompanied by some other form of government - issued photo ID like a drivers license.

Last edited:

Bring you IDs. I was refused service at the Top of the World Lounge because I left my ID in my room. I was with my DH who had his ID and we were mid 30s. We were staying at BLT and I could have just gone and gotten it. Honestly, it wasn't that important to me I just had a soft drink and apps.

I went to a kiosk inside the Fantasmic stadium last September to get a round of drinks. They will sell only two drinks at a time so I brought my 33 year-old niece with me.

She left her wallet with her ID in her diaper bag that my nephew (same age) was holding at our seats. I had to run and grab him. He showed the server both their IDs.

I’m in my 50s, and no, I was not carded, but they are pretty strict with the drinking rules so make sure you have ID. :)

A few years ago my DD, who was 19 at the time, ordered an alcoholic beverage at a F&W kiosk and was not carded. It was an innocent mistake on her part - we are legal to drink alcohol at age 19 in Canada so she didn’t really give it much thought. But not to worry law abiding folks, I consumed that one for her :D

An hour later I was carded at the same kiosk. At the ripe old age of 42.

Bring proof of age to be safe.

On our trip this past May, both my "children" ages 26 and 22 were carded everywhere they ordered a drink even when they were with us (in our mid 50's).

A few years ago my DD, who was 19 at the time, ordered an alcoholic beverage at a F&W kiosk and was not carded. It was an innocent mistake on her part - we are legal to drink alcohol at age 19 in Canada so she didn’t really give it much thought. But not to worry law abiding folks, I consumed that one for her :D

An hour later I was carded at the same kiosk. At the ripe old age of 42.

Bring proof of age to be safe.

Two drinks yourself then an hour later more? You need to join us around the world. You are our kind of people.

Oh, you'd better believe they card.

I was carded in 2012 when I was 26 and I had accidentally left my ID back in the room since I switched to a smaller wallet to go dine. No card, no drink. I was annoyed, but it was my own fault. I used to work in a liquor store, I'm more than well aware of the consequences of serving to underage customers. As I was unwilling to go to jail or pay an absurd fine so some snot-nosed kid could drink, I don't blame CMs for feeling the same way.

Just make sure you have your ID on you.

Okay, I have a somewhat strange question: Would an expired US drivers license work? I do not have a current one. I really don't want to drag my passport around either though. It is fairly bulky, easily damaged (paper) or lost.

Okay, I have a somewhat strange question: Would an expired US drivers license work? I do not have a current one. I really don't want to drag my passport around either though. It is fairly bulky, easily damaged (paper) or lost.
Unfortunately, they won't serve you if it's expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter