"Double Dip Delight" 09/27/08 - Take 2 with Link to Original Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Drea!
I was just filling out the Secret Mickey survey and asking Dave for his answers and he said it would be so much easier if Mickey Mates would offer a Secret Mickey gift registry:lmao:

Okay, because the survey amde us figure out our song answers here they are (QotW):
Hadley: Kiss the Girl (Little Mermaid)
Dave: Two Worlds (Tarzan) and "the entire 28 minutes of Fantasmic":rotfl:

Here are my best guesses for the kids:
Marika: Belle (from Beauty and the Beast--the opening song about there msut be more than this Provencial Life), Under the Sea or Part of Your World (Mermaid)
Rio: Something from High School Musical, Imagination song from the ride at EPCOT, Can't Wait to be King (Lion King)

Hadley, I'm going with "Kiss the girl" too. Mom's favorite is the Chef song in Little Mermaid, I'm betting... you know, where the chef runs around destroying the kitchen to get the crab?

Fiona's favorite is anything from Sleeping Beauty. DH's... yeah, he doesn't have one. No Van Halen or any other hair band in Disney movies, so he's out. :rotfl: Oh, I'm soooo dead if he ever reads this thread! :rotfl:

About the polls... yeah, I can't figure out why the "Polls" tab won't let you vote on the tab and I can only get the polls to work on the front page of the website (look on the right and scroll down.)

About the cruise time... I took a look at a map with DH and we realized Castaway Cay is far away and north of Key West. We have to book it to get from Castaway Cay back to port normally (usually the stabilizers are off that last night), and then we go from there to Grand Cayman, for which we have to go around Haiti. Long haul there, too. Then a relatively short hop to Cozumel, then a long haul back to Castaway Cay.

Just a thought for why the times right at this moment seem squirrelly. Bear in mind, I've been on a reversed 4 day and a 7 day that stayed in Cozumel until 1 am. I trust nuzeeng! :rotfl: I also get nervous about booking excursions away from DCL because of my luck! :rotfl:

Gramto3: I hear you about the bells. My tickets are booked on Frontier. :scared1:

Favorite songs....hmmmm...we'll have to think on that one.

We always end up singing the "Imagination" song from the Figment ride at EPCOT after we ride it...

Hadley, I'm going with "Kiss the girl" too. Mom's favorite is the Chef song in Little Mermaid, I'm betting... you know, where the chef runs around destroying the kitchen to get the crab?

Fiona's favorite is anything from Sleeping Beauty. DH's... yeah, he doesn't have one. No Van Halen or any other hair band in Disney movies, so he's out. :rotfl: Oh, I'm soooo dead if he ever reads this thread! :rotfl:

About the polls... yeah, I can't figure out why the "Polls" tab won't let you vote on the tab and I can only get the polls to work on the front page of the website (look on the right and scroll down.)

About the cruise time... I took a look at a map with DH and we realized Castaway Cay is far away and north of Key West. We have to book it to get from Castaway Cay back to port normally (usually the stabilizers are off that last night), and then we go from there to Grand Cayman, for which we have to go around Haiti. Long haul there, too. Then a relatively short hop to Cozumel, then a long haul back to Castaway Cay.

Just a thought for why the times right at this moment seem squirrelly. Bear in mind, I've been on a reversed 4 day and a 7 day that stayed in Cozumel until 1 am. I trust nuzeeng! :rotfl: I also get nervous about booking excursions away from DCL because of my luck! :rotfl:

Gramto3: I hear you about the bells. My tickets are booked on Frontier. :scared1:

Hey Brandie--so your mom likes "Les Poissons" (shhh-don't tell her; oh yeah, she'll read it herself--sorry Brandie's mom) it's the only song on the soundtrack I don't like--cutting of the fishy heads in song creeps me out:rolleyes: ) Jeremy migth like the music for Treasure Planet--the Goo Goo Dolls did the entire soundtrack and it is less Disneyish than most.

Hey Brandie--so your mom likes "Les Poissons" (shhh-don't tell her; oh yeah, she'll read it herself--sorry Brandie's mom) it's the only song on the soundtrack I don't like--cutting of the fishy heads in song creeps me out:rolleyes: ) Jeremy migth like the music for Treasure Planet--the Goo Goo Dolls did the entire soundtrack and it is less Disneyish than most.

I wanted to type "Les Poissons" but I thought I was just singing the song versus the title. "Les poissons, les poisson, how I LOVE leeetle feesh!" would be what I typed, though. :rotfl:

And yeah, Goo Goo Dolls are not gonna cut it. He likes REAL MEN... you know, like Ratttttt :rotfl: and David Lee Roth (no offense, he does have a black belt in some form of martial arts, but the tight pants???:rotfl: ) and Joe Satriani *serious face*. The only CDs of his I can't mock are the Blues CDs. I bought most of them for him, though. Fiona loves them. My baby has SOUL!!! :rotfl: Well, at least until I put on Simon and Garfunkel. She quiets down and listens to those. (THANK YOU MOM!!!)

Ok, enough babbling...

for the question of the week. Mine would have to be (right now) "I'm Still Here" from Treasure Planet. Now that could change at any point in time since I usually bounce around with favorites a great deal.

I
Okay, so onto the new Question of the Week (warning this will be another very hard to answer one:rolleyes1 ):
What is your favourite Disney song???

Too many to pick from :eek: :eek:

I would have to say When You Wish Upon a Star and about a zillion others.

Hadley if my memory serves me right this will be your first MNSSHP you guys are going to have the Boo to You Parade song stuck in your head all night long that parade is amazing don't miss it.

I was thinking this same thing, but weren't their double dips in 2006 that went to Grand Cayman? I remember seeing something like that in the 2006 Passporter:

CC
Sea
Grand Cayman
Costa Maya
Sea
CC

I was thinking this same thing, but weren't their double dips in 2006 that went to Grand Cayman? I remember seeing something like that in the 2006 Passporter:

CC
Sea
Grand Cayman
Costa Maya
Sea
CC

Are you able to pull the port times for those cruises? :confused:

Yep, the extra travel distance/time between CC & GC vs. CC & CM is the reason the reps are giving for the change in aboard time for 1st day at CC. I was surprised to get this line - I figured they would be able to make the extra distance since we have the sea day betw CC & GC. Suppose not. Full throttle ahead! :sail:

I was working on the survey for secret mickey too so kind of thought this one out as well

Favorite song - Me: Under the Sea (Little Mermaid) or that sad song that Esmeralda sings in Hunchback - Hubby: anything from Lion King :cool1:

OHH I would like to know about this too. P is really looking at doing this with me..(which Im surprized as he is my scardy cat) He is 10 but under the 90lbs also!

Hey BTW Julie hows your DH doing? Also you and the kids... just want to let ya know Im thinking bout ya guys!

He's coming home for about 8 days between training and going over to Afghanistan- around July 12th or so (all times, leaves, etc subject to change as you well know). We're doing fine. Working out surgery for Alexander, and the doctor's office is not getting I can't leave 3 kids for half a day, and drive the kid to NJ to get it done. Not to mention I have a thing about driving, (just got my license 2 years ago when dh was supposed to be going to Iraq), and a thing about bridges.

Julie

Favorite songs:

Me: Be a man by Donny Osmond from Mulan
Dh: no idea
DD: Selena Gomez is her favorite right now
DD: Anything from Camp Rock right now
Ds: Life is a Highway from the movie Cars

I really don't know that I can answer this question......Jason said, "I'll go with whatever you say"....he never remembers stuff like that anyway.....as for me...favorite song? I couldn't possbly----can I pick a favorite song from each film & show? :lmao: I think an easier question might be LEAST favorite song(s)!! (Although as soon as I typed that I realized there are about 20 for me to choose from there, as well! ;) )

OK...so an assortment of my favorite songs:

Reflection from Mulan
Colors of the Wind from Pocohantas
Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid
Circle of Life from Lion King (ESPECIALLY the gospel version performed at the end of The Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom)
He Lives in You....which is in the Broadway Lion King Show and I believe is also in one of the Lion King direct to video sequel films
Strangers Like Me from Tarzan
Big Blue World from Finding Nemo the Musical
and
Chasing a Dream AND Believe In Me...both from the "Twice Charmed" show aboard the Magic

Of course that's just what I thought of off the top of my head....I know there are countless others if I think hard enough!

He Lives in You....which is in the Broadway Lion King Show and I believe is

DH loves that song too - he listens to it all the time - I forgot about that one

So out of curiosity, how much is everyone "budgeting" per person for spending money?popcorn::

Are you able to pull the port times for those cruises? :confused:

It is not written in the PassPorter, but I wonder if anyone on the forum who was on that cruise would remember if their day was shorter at CC or not.

ETA: So I was reading that thread on the main board...are we not arriving in Grand Cayman until 11:30am? I feel so confused :P

Lionel and I both pick Hakuna Matata, but a close second is the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride song from Lilo and Stitch. :thumbsup2

It is not written in the PassPorter, but I wonder if anyone on the forum who was on that cruise would remember if their day was shorter at CC or not.

ETA: So I was reading that thread on the main board...are we not arriving in Grand Cayman until 11:30am? I feel so confused :P

Here's what Lois got from DCL:

Cruise Itinerary:
9/27/08 and 11/14/09 Only Day Port Ashore Onboard
Saturday Port Canaveral — 4:00 p.m.
Sunday Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 2:30 p.m.
Monday At Sea — —
Tuesday Grand Cayman 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday Cozumel 8:00 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
Thursday At Sea — —
Friday Castaway Cay 9:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
Saturday Port Canaveral 7:35 a.m. —

Lois

Which is handy, because our GC excursion starts at 8:45 :thumbsup2

Here's a link to look at for our cruise (make sure to look at the SECOND table, not the Key West trip! :) ): http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/d...?name=7NightWesternCaribbeanCruiseLandingPage

We get less time on the first Castaway Cay day, 15 minutes less at GC, 1.5 hour more at Cozumel, and a full second day back at Castaway Cay. :thumbsup2

DO NOT quote me! :rotfl: I'm sure that will mean I'm wrong, and it completely changes when we get on the boat!

Oh, and I do want to remind people that Konk Koolers and the Rain Forest Room are only available from DCL... Not everything is sad.

Here's a link to look at for our cruise (make sure to look at the SECOND table, not the Key West trip! :) ): http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/d...?name=7NightWesternCaribbeanCruiseLandingPage

We get less time on the first Castaway Cay day, 15 minutes less at GC, 1.5 hour more at Cozumel, and a full second day back at Castaway Cay. :thumbsup2

DO NOT quote me! :rotfl: I'm sure that will mean I'm wrong, and it completely changes when we get on the boat!

Oh, and I do want to remind people that Konk Koolers and the Rain Forest Room are only available from DCL... Not everything is sad.

thanks to Fizzgig and Hadley for always looking at the bright side of things. I have to admit I was REALLY disappointd to find out that wour time on Castaway Cay is being Cut short but you are right, we are still on a Disney Cruise and will have a GREAT time!

I do plan to be on Castaway Cay the whole time,:::::::::::gotta remember sunscreen::::::::::::::::::;

Thanks again to everyone for making us awesome:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter