"Double Dip Delight" 09/27/08 - Take 2 with Link to Original Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not written in the PassPorter, but I wonder if anyone on the forum who was on that cruise would remember if their day was shorter at CC or not.

ETA: So I was reading that thread on the main board...are we not arriving in Grand Cayman until 11:30am? I feel so confused :P

It is some of the other Alternative cruises that have the Grand Cayman time cut short. They also go to Cozumel on Tuesday and Grand Cayman on Wednesday. I am sure this is due to needed to have permission to dock and that they needed to make changes at the last min. Our Cruise really came out OK and we should expect to have a wonderful time unless we allow ourselves to get angry over the little stuff.

I checked the web site for available rooms this AM and all Cat are available now. Don't know if you can book a specific room or have to take Gty, I had to leave for work. Wonder how many have dropped out due to the changes in port.
Lois

Thanks Erica and Brandi:goodvibes I was getting all confused there because I was seeing 11am on the other thread for GC and I was thinking the excursion we wanted to do there is at 8:00am and I was thinking we would have to change times.

Our Cruise really came out OK and we should expect to have a wonderful time unless we allow ourselves to get angry over the little stuff.

I'm not really worried about it honestly...whatever happens happens it beats me having to be at work;) I was just curious if those 2006 Special dips that hit GC had shortened CC time as well which they did not.

I love a lot of the newer songs but if I had to narrow it down, I'd go with an old favorite:
My favorite Disney Song:

A Dream is a Wish (from Cinderella)

In 06 did they go to Grand Cayman then Costa Maya or the other way around? I think the distance between Castaway and Grand Cayman may be why we need to leave early. Don't know for sure. I am just happy Like you to be on the ship and away from work.

80 days and counting!!!

Uggh, cruddy day. Ever have a day where it just went wrong from the beginning? Well, that was my day.

Which, got me to thinking...I probably sounded whiney the other day about the changes in our cruise. I shouldn't - I just really wanted to stay all day long on CC. I know, just booking in September involves great risk, given the season - so, I hope I didn't come off sounding like a spoilsport...

I am so excited about this trip! I need this trip! They could send me out to sea for the full 8 days and I would be happy - as long as they don't run out of alcohol or chocolate, I'm good.

As for my favorite Disney song - When you Wish Upon a Star is my favorite - the wording was on our daughter's birth announcement, the song played as Dan and I walked down the aisle as dh and dw and we've played it for many other magical family moments.

Hey you guys! First of all, welcome to mblsj and his family!! They newly joined us today along with several other friends!

I'm doing a very quick drive-by, so I haven't read any posts. Someone may have already pointed this out, but we are almost at 250 pages, which means...you guessed it......Part 3 of our Meets thread is on the horizon!

Assumming our bunch of chatters are busy in the next 5 days, I may not get around to making our new "Post #6" on the front page. However, "Fear Not!" I have copied all the code to MSWord so it will be an easy insertion without loosing all our links and graphics. :goodvibes (Unlike last time when we weren't forewarned...that was painful!) I'll just have to train you all to remember another number. First 577, then 6, now what will the lucky number be? So my apologies in advance that it may not be quite as convenient...we'll see. Maybe the Moderator (poke poke nudge nudge) will even notice our BIG Post #6 and be so kind to put it up there for us. :confused3 I kinda doubt it, but a girl can hope.

In case I don't get another chance, everyone in the States, have a WONDERFUL, SAFE Independence Day celebration with your friends and family!!

uncle_smiley.gif

In 06 did they go to Grand Cayman then Costa Maya or the other way around? I think the distance between Castaway and Grand Cayman may be why we need to leave early.
Nope they went to Grand Cayman first from Castaway Cay and then Costa Maya.

I am just happy Like you to be on the ship and away from work.

80 days and counting!!!
:cool1: :banana: I can't believe 80 days already...time is flying!! I can't wait to go, but I don't want summer to end just yet!

Uggh, cruddy day. Ever have a day where it just went wrong from the beginning? Well, that was my day.
:hug:Had one of those on Sunday myself!!

Which, got me to thinking...I probably sounded whiney the other day about the changes in our cruise. I shouldn't - I just really wanted to stay all day long on CC. I know, just booking in September involves great risk, given the season - so, I hope I didn't come off sounding like a spoilsport...
Sometimes you just need to vent and get it out of your system before you move on.
I am so excited about this trip! I need this trip! They could send me out to sea for the full 8 days and I would be happy - as long as they don't run out of alcohol or chocolate, I'm good. .
Me too and I don't even want to think of them running out of alcohol or chocolate!!!

Nope they went to Grand Cayman first from Castaway Cay and then Costa Maya.

So maybe it is the time we need to arrive so the tugs can help us dock.

:cool1: :banana: I can't believe 80 days already...time is flying!! I can't wait to go, but I don't want summer to end just yet!
!!!

Please remember that I am leaving on 9/20 to go to WDW then the cruise. It will be here before we know it.

Lois

Oh Lois, I LOVE seeing you post those numbers because I leave the same day you do!!

OK...then I won't brag that the DVC countdown widget on my laptop's desktop says:

78 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes and 51 seconds!!!

OK...yes...maybe I will brag :rotfl:

Oh Lois, I LOVE seeing you post those numbers because I leave the same day you do!!

I put them in my palm so I can see them every day. I still have so much to get together and don't have a clue when I will find the time.

Just for you I will continue to post them from time to time. Lois

OK...then I won't brag that the DVC countdown widget on my laptop's desktop says:

Go ahead and brag! I have a Disney Timer on my lab top that gives right down to the second but I only open it from time to time to see the fun Disney facts that it has. I don't remember where I even got it. Do enjoy your extra days. Lois

:banana: :cool1: Yeah, I'm bragging right along with Erik:cool1: :banana:

So, I posted the first "favourite" song which popped into my head which is good beacuase a few dozen more have popped in since then:rotfl:

Thanks to the instructions in last month's Famil Fun magazine and a pound of worms from the CSA I now have an indoor compost bin in the laundry room. Dave seemed to think I was a bit nuts as the bin was in the middle of hte kitchen--right under the light for a while this afternoon to encourage the worms to burrow down:rotfl: Lucky for me he puts up with all my craziness:flower3:

Allright--I MISS MY KIDS!!!!!

How about two days in a row?

Monday morning... Walk out to garage fridge to get a drink for DD's lunch. Something creepy crawly tickles my feet. Scream for about 30 seconds straight. My throat is STILL sore.

Next, my connection to work is broken.. call help desk, they "reset" the account and the confirmation is supposed to go to my boss. Nope, they sent it to MY email which I couldn't get to because I had no connection.

Go to the doctor. Wait 45 minutes past my appt time to get IN to the office. Another half hour to see the doc. Then, joy of joys, I get to go get stuck at the lab (I don't know why I was surprised, he ALWAYS orders blood work on me -- not that that's a bad thing considering the million health conditions I have, I just hate getting stuck)

On the way into work, I need gasoline. Stop at Costco. My damn car has a funky gas tank that will shut off the pump if you don't hold it just right., well costco also has short little things that go in the tank. Thing shuts off, I pull it out a bit to give it more air and start back up... yup, it sprayed ALL OVER THE PLACE! I HATE the smell of gasoline.

Get to work. Monitor is broken. ARGH. Someone scrounges up another, and I go to plug it in and notice the power cord on the old monitor is loose. plug it in and the monitor works... for about 15 minutes. then dies again. Then the second monitor dies.

Oh and did I mention I have an urgent bug to fix on my desk, and the database I need to test on WILL. NOT. INSTALL.

Yeah... great day.

Tuesday was only mildly better.

Today, long, but ok.

Is it time to go to the port yet? I need a Konk Kooler.

Hey JB (and Finally Bought DVC) sorry about the bad days:hug: but you (JB) have a quote in signature which my DD loves. She wants the T-shirt except even she admits she never wears T-shirts so waht's the point:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter