• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Double Dip Delight" Alternate Western 09/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

AQW

Blessed beyond measure!
Only 604 days until we set sail - who's packed already? :rotfl:

UPDATE:

Hi folks! Welcome to the Double Dip Delight - alternate Western itinerary with a double-dip at Castaway Cay. :cloud9: We're a very chatty bunch, but don't let that daunt you - please dive right in! You're welcome to read the whole thread if you like; otherwise just check out the link below and you'll be up to speed in no time.

Our Roll Call Coordinator is the lovely and talented Kimberly - you can get a wealth of info from her oft-updated roll call post (#577 on p.39, or click HERE) Submit your name/info for our roll call, get a copy of our logo, sign up for activities and projects... you name it, you can do it via the information in that post. Thank you Kimberly for keeping it all in one place for us! :hug:

We're taking over the ship! We're glad you're here... come join the party! :goodvibes

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else was going;) I booked at 12:30 am today with DCL. Hadn't seen anyone else express interest - maybe that kept the prices low:thumbsup2

We have a group of 9 of us, DH and myself, Cat 6 6080
DS23 and DIL26 and DGS(will be 1), Cat 6 6082
DS22, DIL22, DGS3, baby (will be 1) Cat 11 6081

Let's get this party started!party:

My husband and I will be there - 6080!
Is it 2008 yet? :rolleyes:

Welcome! Let the planning begin!! Looks like we'll be sharing a cabin?:goodvibes I just looked at my reservation email, and it shows we have
6080, 6082 and 6081. Do we need to make a call????:confused3

Welcome! Let the planning begin!! Looks like we'll be sharing a cabin?:goodvibes I just looked at my reservation email, and it shows we have
6080, 6082 and 6081. Do we need to make a call????:confused3

You know.....I think I read mine and then just copied yours :rotfl:
Or didn't you know? We will be getting to know one another REALLY WELL. :scared1: :rotfl2:

We're 6076, just a few doors down. Hadn't had my coffee yet. That's it. :surfweb:

Adrienne, will your DS be 3 for the cruise, or is he 3 now? I was looking at the excursions, not much we can take the little ones on. I hope the beaches are nice and easy to get to!:beach:

Adrienne, will your DS be 3 for the cruise, or is he 3 now? I was looking at the excursions, not much we can take the little ones on. I hope the beaches are nice and easy to get to!

Our kids are 4 and 1 now; will be 6 and 3 on the cruise. Or, as my DS is always correcting me, they will be 6 AND A HALF and 3 on the cruise. (DS turns five this month and his nickname is Captain Literal - a well-deserved nickname, trust me).

We will most likely not do beachy stuff in Coz/CM; my mom, sister, nephew and I are all very fair-skinned and tend to spontaneously combust in direct sunlight. I think two stops at CC is just about all this Irish lass will be able to take!

I'm so incredibly excited about this. I had my heart set on the WB repo, but 15 days on a ship with two kids, age 6 & 3, who have never cruised before is too much unknown for me. My DH has promised that we can do a repo in 2010 if they offer one!

We are Erica and Lionel, by the way :goodvibes

We are trying to recruit some others to come with us, but they all seem to think we are nuts to book so far in advance. They'll see in a year when they have to pay way more though! There is a chance we will have our teenage neice with us, if my brother in law agrees, and possibly an infant as we are currently trying to conceive. But for now, it's just us.

I have been dreaming about this itenerary since I noticed it in 2005. I'm so glad they decided to bring it back :woohoo: I'm trying to use it to convince my dad and stepmom to go too.....built in baby sitters! :rotfl:

Hi Erica! That was funny! There should be a rule against posting without coffee :surfweb: Hee! Hee! Good luck with the baby! My DS, Ryan and his wife Dana found out they were pregnant on their honeymoon cruise on the Magic in September!:goodvibes So they brought us back a souvenier GS from WDW!

I know what you mean about people not understanding the planning thing! Price is a huge reason for us - also when you set a goal, you make it happen - it's not "someday we should do..." I am so excited to share this with our youngest family, who haven't been on a cruise before!

Adrienne: Here is an update on our family's names.

DS, Ryan,, 23, DIL - Dana 26, their baby, Mason is due in May
DS, Mark, 21, DIL - Lindsay 22, GS - Myles, 1 now and baby due in August. I actually had to put in names and birthdates for these babies to be in order to book them. I will have to get it updated later! So because
"the Manfulls have boys" we are guessing Lindsay's baby is a boy, and will be named Marshall. We'll see :rotfl2: Maybe our Myles and Celeste will be cruise friends! Thanks for getting us started!:dance3:

Count us in!:thumbsup2 It will be me (Susan), DH (Brian), DD Brianna (will be 13 when we cruise), and DS Brandon (will be 10 when we cruise). I'm so excited about this trip! We are leaving in a few weeks for the eastern, and I'm hoping prices will stay low because I'm going to try to rebook onboard to see if the price beats what I've already got.:confused3 I was just going to wait and book on the ship, but I was too afraid prices would jump. We looked into either cruising Thanksgiving week or the week of Christmas, and the DD to Costa Maya was almost 2000 cheaper than doing the western over christmas break.:scared1: So, we're there with you!!!!:goodvibes

:welcome: Susan! We were also thinking of other trips - Mexican Riveria, or maybe Christmas Western, and decided that the extra $$ was just not worth it, especially for our young families - so we are on this one and doing the happy dance!:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :dance3:

It will be fun getting to know all of you and doing our planning together!

Tammie

Thanks for the welcome, Tammie! I just heard from someone who is also going to be on our eastern cruise, and she's working on her DH to try to get him to rebook for this cruise as well. I'm looking forward to a DD! When we cruised last June, I fell in love with CC!:love: Have a great weekend!
Susan

Thanks for the welcome, Tammie! I just heard from someone who is also going to be on our eastern cruise, and she's working on her DH to try to get him to rebook for this cruise as well. I'm looking forward to a DD! When we cruised last June, I fell in love with CC!:love: Have a great weekend!
Susan

I know what you mean about CC!:love: My DH and I were sitting onthe beach at Serenity Bay, discussing how we could hide in the bushes and accidentally miss the ship :rotfl: ! You have a great weekend too!
Tammie

Hi Everyone
Hope this is the right place for us, is this the Costa Maya cruise Sept 27-Oct 4??? If so we will be joining you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dh and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary in April 2008 and have been DYING to go to Mexico, and with this cruise we get Disney, Mexico and a Double Dip at Castaway Cay to boot, WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I am Denise, married to Steve, DD Rachel who will be 9&1/2 and DS Matthew will be 6 at the time of the cruise. I am going to get a quote from Dreams Unlimited and hope for a shipboard credit. We are really looking forward to our FIRST Disney cruise. Hope to get to know some people before we crusie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone
Hope this is the right place for us, is this the Costa Maya cruise Sept 27-Oct 4??? If so we will be joining you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dh and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary in April 2008 and have been DYING to go to Mexico, and with this cruise we get Disney, Mexico and a Double Dip at Castaway Cay to boot, WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I am Denise, married to Steve, DD Rachel who will be 9&1/2 and DS Matthew will be 6 at the time of the cruise. I am going to get a quote from Dreams Unlimited and hope for a shipboard credit. We are really looking forward to our FIRST Disney cruise. Hope to get to know some people before we crusie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Denise!
I booked through DU and we got a nice shipboard credit :) AND $500 off the price quoted by DCL. Good luck! Loook forward to meeting you.

We booked with Disney because DU is not taking ressies, I THINK I can transfer the ressie HOPEFULLY and get the onboard credit.

Can you add us to the list
RkandMJsMommy Denise
Dh Steve
DD Rachel
DS Matthew Room 6048

Guess what??? I'm on the wrong thread! I can't believe I did this! We are not on the DD on 9/27/08, we're on the 11/22/08 DD cruise. I'm going to try to find the correct thread for my trip.:lmao: Enjoy your September trip everyone!

Guess what??? I'm on the wrong thread! I can't believe I did this! We are not on the DD on 9/27/08, we're on the 11/22/08 DD cruise. I'm going to try to find the correct thread for my trip.:lmao: Enjoy your September trip everyone!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Well between this, and me getting my cabin wrong, we are off to a rockin' start! :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter