"Double Dip Delight" Alternate Western 09/27/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in for the 09-27-08 Double Dip

Me Rena (Dmom)
DS Blake (15) The smart, quiet type
DS Brandon (10) Basketball fanatic (at least he is now)

This will be our fourth DCL cruise. So we know what kind of fun to expect! We are sad that DD (19) will be unable to attend due to college. She is even sadder :) DH does not like cruising - so doesn't go with us. I know it is crazy, but we have more fun since he wouldn't be enjoying himself. We are looking forward to this cruise and having a new DCL trip to plan!!

We are also in!!!!! I am glad to see that there will be other teens onboard this cruise. We are cruising with another family with three children who will be 16, 14 and 14. Can't wait to do the double dip!!!:cheer2:

:welcome: Denise, Rena and families! We are really excited to be on this cruise! It is so fun to hear everyone's plans and reasons for traveling!

We are taking one big family trip in between grandbabies and our youngest Ds and DIL finishing college and teaching school. It is great to be able to travel in the Fall. We wanted our Aunt and Uncle who are our age to come and bring their DD, but they won't take her out of school.

Erica and Susan, I think maybe we should change our thread to the "mixed up cruisers!":rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Where is our fearless leader, Adriene? She must have had a busy weekend! Have a happy Monday! Tammie

Just booked!!!

Myself - Travis
DW - Carol
DD - Katie (8 at time of cruise)
DS - Jake (5 at time of cruise)

First DCL cruise for any of us. DW and I have taken one cruise previously on the MTS Triton back in 1994, what a nightmare that was. We'll be celebrating our anniversary on board and DW's birthday at WDW October 5th.

The whole cruise/WDW is a surpsrise for the family which they won't find out about until August 2008. :rolleyes1 I am glad that I can talk about it here. I am sooooo excited right now I feel like I could burst!! :banana:

The best part so far has been DU, specifically Tracy Whipple. She has been a tremendous help so far. She hasn't laughed at a single one of my 6 million stupid questions yet.

Next project, gotta get me one of those nice signatures...

Goooooooood morning everybody! I see you were all busy while I was away from my computer. :lmao: I will try to update the roll call at least twice a week, but please don't be mad at me if I don't get your info up immediately. I updated twice in the last few minutes, once with Denise and once without. LOL It's true that everything happens for a reason - turns out Denise and I know each other from a message board about five years ago! So now we're back in touch, even if she isn't joining us on our Sept cruise. :goodvibes

Travis, it is going to be SO HARD to keep this trip a secret!!! I just went on my very first cruise two weeks ago, a surprise gift for my DH's 40th birthday. I kept it quiet for almost ten months, and it was next to impossible! You're right though, having us to talk to will help. :)

Hope everyone has a terrific Monday!

Ilovemangoes:
Maybe we can get our daughters in touch via email after you tell them in August, Rachel will be 9 and Katie will be 8, they can at least "know" someone before they board the cruise. Also our sons are only 1 year apart, Matthew will be 6 and Jake will be 5 at the time of the cruise:goodvibes
What anniversary are you celebrating? April 2008 will be 10 years for us so this is our anniversary trip also!!!!!

AQW:
We will be on the cruise, its somone else who was on the wrong crusie meet, its Disneypoor who is NOT on this cruise, I will be there with BELLS ON!!!

Our meet on the cruise ship will so awesome, we will already "know" a lot about each other!!!!

rkandmjsmom

My daugther would love that. She always thinks it's so cool when she meets another Katie, one her age will be very nice. Jake will actually be 6 in November 2008 so he should be pretty close to Matthew's age.

This is great!! I'm actually getting to know people I will be travelling with over 600 days from now.

ACK! I just kicked Denise off the ship! :rotfl:

I think we may need a running tally of errors... let's see, disneypoor was on the wrong thread, I just booted someone off the ship altogether, we've got two families inadvertantly sharing a cabin... egads. We're a mess! :rotfl:

Off to update the roll call PROPERLY!

I know now that I'm still on the wrong thread, but you all keep me coming back!:lmao: I can't help but keep reading who all is going to be on your cruise! Yes, I've got my own thread now, but I might still lurk around on yours every once in a while.:rotfl2:

Disneypoor
You could always rejoin our cruise, that would really be something!!!! Keep coming around:)

Good evening everyone!
I can tell this is going to be a great thread ;)

I spent 20 minutes on the phone last night with my SIL trying to convince her that our neice, who would be 18 at the time of sailing, would NEVER NEVER get into any sort of trouble on a Disney cruise without her parents present to chaperone.....
I don't think she bought it. :confused3 We were hoping to have her come along as a graduation present, so if by some miracle my sister agrees, then there will be one more teen on board.

I tried the whole "well, you guys could come too!" but then I heard crickets.

Oh, and should you happen to read the TR from my last DCL adventure, fear not: I am really not an alcoholic. I just play one when I'm on vacation. :laughing:

Welcome to Travis, Donald and Daisy!!! I think we are going to have a great time getting to know each other ! Travis, you ROCK!!! :woohoo:

Are there any fun things we can do to get ready for our cruise? I have read about decorating our cabin doors, maybe have "secret cruisers" Maybe once we get more people and it gets closer to our crusie, we can each get a family and sent them cute notes or little gifts? Any ideas?

Oh, and should you happen to read the TR from my last DCL adventure, fear not: I am really not an alcoholic. I just play one when I'm on vacation.
Oh I am SO glad you posted this aside - I read your TR start-to-finish tonight and enjoyed the heck out of it! I laughed so hard I woke up my birds! :rotfl2:

Guys, you have to read it - the link is in her sig. Grab your beverage of choice, turn off the phone, get comfy and read the whole thing. What a treat! :thumbsup2

Are there any fun things we can do to get ready for our cruise? I have read about decorating our cabin doors, maybe have "secret cruisers" Maybe once we get more people and it gets closer to our crusie, we can each get a family and sent them cute notes or little gifts? Any ideas?

That would be really fun! We will probably come up with all kinds of things. One of the things I have seen done is to have some "meets" planned for the cruise and kind of coordinate our plans a little. Our 12/10/05 group led by lbgraves, was even more successful this year with several of them re-booking together and continuing their conversations for the whole year - 70000 posts!!!! check out her TR - for 12/09/06! They also took our trip - so we can see what to expect:banana:

**They actually all got matching green shirts and "took over" the ship! I would have to put one of those on my DH and DSs in their sleep, I think, but it might be worth a try :) **

One thing I saw was that they brought school supplies for the children in Costa Maya and got to give them to the kids personally! What a blessing!

OK, this is getting really long! Have a great night! Tammie

Oh I am SO glad you posted this aside - I read your TR start-to-finish tonight and enjoyed the heck out of it! I laughed so hard I woke up my birds! :rotfl2:

Guys, you have to read it - the link is in her sig. Grab your beverage of choice, turn off the phone, get comfy and read the whole thing. What a treat! :thumbsup2

Erica, I just finished reading your TR! It was awesome! I can't wait to meet you - sounds like you will be the life of the party, even if you have a little one in tow:yay: How can we wait 19 mos? Have a great Tuesday everyone!:goodvibes

Good morning everyone

So far it appears as though we are all on deck 6. My families cabin is 6618.

I'm up for doing something beforehand. I need to be able to something cruise related to help pass the time and to make sure that I don't say anything to the family.

rkandrjsmommoy, sorry, yesterday was my first day back at work. I was away on vacay for three weeks in Cuba and I am just starting to sober up. I have re-read your posts from yesterday I realize that it's MY daugther who is Katie and YOURS who is Rachel. :drinking: Be that as it may, we can still get them to hook up via email come August 2008.

MAGICFOR2 - Thanks, it's been a long time since some has said that I rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter