Dr. Cinderella's Happily Ever After! WP/GF 2/14/12- End of Honeymoon & Trip Report!

Thanks everyone for your advice about the engagement shoot dress! I really like them both, but I am actually sort of leaning towards wearing the second one. I think it fits a bit better with what Chris will be wearing since its a little bit more casual than the first one and with the beachy feel of the GF. I also think it will be more comfortable because of the straps. Also, we are going to the the Magic Kingdom afterwards that day and the California Grill for dinner that night so I might be able to get away with not changing the rest of the day in that one too. However, since it seeed like almost everyone liked the first one better I will have to think about it little more.

Thanks for the compliments on the dresses also Cassie! The pink flowers were actually just flowers I had in my room at the time, so I was just posing with them to play bridesmaid. I think I'd have a mix of shades of pink and white roses for the bridesmaid maybe.

I am also getting my hair and make up done by Beaute Speciale for the photos, so excited for that! I am treating it like a hair trial because I am going to get it done the same way Id like it for my wedding (curled in some kind of half up do), and am wondering if I should bring my hair accessories (veil, tiara, etc.) with me to try them on with the hair or not? Of course Id have to make Chris leave for that if I did!

If you are going into the parks after then to dinner I would stick with dress 1 too!

I would def take the accessories!! Just ask him to take a walk for a few minutes and get some pictures :o) If there is going to be any sort of a problem its always best to know it early. You will feel so much better! ~ less to worry about.

:wave2: I'm a 2012 bride too (April 2, 2012...hopefully!) I look forward to reading your PJ, maybe I'll start one too!

I think that both of the dresses that you picked out for the engagement shoot are beautiful but I'm partial to the second one.

I love the pink Mori Lee dress. I think it would be an adorable bridesmaid's dress - something they could actually wear, again! I do not think that it's too informal for your dress.

Your wedding dress is really pretty, good choice! It will fit a Disney princess theme really well :yay:

I really like the first e-picture dress! the second one is nice too though, I don't think you can go wrong.

Hey Marissa,

Everything looks great so far! I would wear the dress you feel most comfortable and would be the easiest to move around in and sit in and that sort of thing. :thumbsup2

I would definitely bring the accessories. That way you can see the whole look. I just had my trial today and I loved how she did my hair, and then afterwards she took the headband out so I wouldn't be overdressed for dinner. :laughing:

Hey everyone! We just got back from Disney and had an absolutely amazing time! I wont do a full trip report on here, since this is a wedding board but I will do a quick summary of things!

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, and we just loved it there! It was so quiet and romantic. Here we are checking out the lobby on our first day
img_1048.jpg

Here was our room, it was so nice!
img_1053.jpg

We took a carriage ride at our resort the first night, this was lovely. Then we headed over to Downtown Disney for dinner and some shopping.
img_1059.jpg

The next day was our engagement shoot with Misty Miotto at the Grand Floridian, we had a blast working with her and the 2 hours just flew by! We were so impressed with Misty, and cant wait to see our photos! She showed us lots of them on her camera as a preview, and they all looked amazing! Here we are in the GF waiting for Misty and her husband Nelio
img_1067.jpg

I decided to change into hot pink heels shortly after this photo, for a pop of color in the engagement photos. I just got these beautiful pink Louboutins for my birthday, but my mom said they wouldnt match my outfit. Misty loved them though, and so do I! So I wore em, Sorry Ma haha

I also had my hair and makeup done for the photos by Ana from Beaute Speciale, and she was just awesome too! She did a great job, I really felt like I looked my best and the hair and makeup stayed perfectly all day! Normally my hair does not hold curls well at all! I forgot all about trying on my accessories with the hair, but thats ok, I dont want Chris to see them anyways! Here is the hair and makeup all finished
img_1069.jpg

After the shoot we were tired and hung out on the beautiful beach for a while
img_1070.jpg

Then we went to visit the Wedding Pavilion and Franck's and we both fell in love with the WP! It was so beautiful!
img_1073.jpg

img_1074.jpg

Then we headed to the Magic Kingdom for the day! It was so much fun getting to show Chris everything! Here's a few of us with the castle!
img_1076.jpg

img_1077.jpg

img_1078.jpg

When we got tired out again, we hopped on the monorail and went to the Polynesian to have a drink and watch the sunset on the beach, it was very romantic
img_1089.jpg

Finally, we headed over to the Contemporary and had the most amazing meal at the California Grill! It was so delicious. Totally recommend visiting here! We ate in the Wine Room which was private and much quieter than the main dining room. It had been 12 hours since getting done with hair and makeup here, and it still looked almost exactly the same!
img_1090.jpg

We were stuffed after 4 courses of food, but then they brought us out this dessert because we were celebrating one year of being engaged! I was so full I thought I would pop so we brought it back to the room for later.
img_1103.jpg

To end the day, we watched Wishes from the balcony of the California Grill!
Wishes1.jpg

It was a long, but absolutely wonderful day!

Sorry, this was super long so I will finish the rest of the trip later in another post!

POFQ is one of our favorite hotels!! We love it because it's so quiet. LOVE the dress and can't wait to see the pink shoes!!

Ana did my hair and makeup too - she was awesome and you look amazing! Glad you had such a great trip!!

Love your wedding dress and the dress you chose for your engagement shoot. Your hair and makeup came out wonderful also. We had Misty as our photographer and you will be so happy with her and her DH. I also had Ana for hair and makeup and had a trial on the day we had our engagment shoot with Misty. We thought it was so important to meet with Misty and her DH before the wedding. This way we really got to know them and know their style and they got to see what worked well for us also.

Can't wait to read and see more and see how those pink pumps came out in your engagement pictures.

Linda

Thanks girls for the nice compliments!

Continuing on with our trip!

The next day we went to Hollywood Studios, we had the special Fast Pass cards from the Give a Day Program, which was awesome! We got on all the rides almost instantly! Had to get a pic in front of Mickey's hat!
img_1106.jpg

We had lunch at Sci Fi Drive In Cafe, the food was yummy and the atmosphere was so cool in here
img_1109.jpg

Later we had dinner at Mama Melrose's Italian Ristorant , everything here was delicious! We did the Fantasmic Package, which got us great reserved seats for the show too
img_1115.jpg

The next morning we rented a speed boat from our resort, this was super fun
img_1128.jpg

Then we headed to Epcot, my other favorite park (with MK)
img_1133.jpg

The Flower and Garden Festival was going on, and there were some really beautiful flower sculptures, here's me posing with one of the fairies
img_1145.jpg

We went on a couple rides in Future World, then spent the rest of the day exploring the World Showcase. It was especially fun to try all the drinks in the different countries! Italy & France were our favorite countries to visit. We got some great pictures too!
img_1151.jpg

img_1152.jpg

img_1155.jpg

In Epcot we had lunch at the Coral Reef and dinner at Le Cellier and both meals were really amazing. We were on the Dining Plan, and it was awesome to get all that food and never worry about any prices! Chris eats a ton and I love desserts, so it was perfect for us!

Our final day we went to Animal Kingdom, but we only stayed about half the day because we were leaving that night. We had time to do the Safari, Dinosaur, the Nemo Show, and the Lion King Show, but not Expedition Everest, oh well. Here we are in front of the Tree of Life
img_1167.jpg

Then we headed back to POFQ, and relaxed by the pool until our Magical Express Pick Up time came. Overall, we had an absolutely amazing time in Disney and got a lot done in only 5 days. I am so happy that Chris loved the WP, the GF, and everything in Disney, and we are so excited to get the planning process started soon! We talked to a consultant at Franck's even though we didnt schedule a meeting or anything, and she said a planner would be calling us this week! :goodvibes

Our engagement photos are ready! Chris and I absolutely love them! Misty is so talented and creative. There are almost 600 photos though and we dont know how we will choose our favorites. We are so happy with everything. Here is the link to them: http://www.pictage.com/814017 you have to sign the guest book to view them I believe, and the event key is Burg. I will post my favorites on here as well once we pick them and get our DVD of images.

Your pictures are beautiful, i had misty do our engagement pictures as well, i love them! She and her husband do some great work!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliments on our photos everyone, we are really happy with them. I am going to make a Blurb Guest Book with the favorites we have picked out, we picked out about 75 pics we really like. What do you think is a good size for the book, 40 pages? I also want to get a few enlargements for some pretty frames I have. I was thinking an 8 x 10 of this one
Proof10.jpg

a 5 x 7 of this one
Proof6.jpg

and a 16 x 20 for this huge frame I have of this one
Proof2.jpg
Think these are good choices?

I also talked to our consultant from DFTW yesterday, his name is Joe and he is so nice! He answered lots of questions for me, and said we should do a Site Visit when I am in Disney next. I have a trip planned for Christmas time with just me and my Dad later this year, so Joe said this would be the perfect time because it will be just a few months before we can book! Only thing is Chris, wont be with me. Now my Mom wants to come with Dad and I too, even though I told her this is not the important meeting! But it will be fun anyways to go on a trip with just my parents at Christmas time, Ive never been to Disney during the holidays! I also am sure I will need a vacation at that point because Im starting my third year of medical school soon, working full time in the hospital and it will be my first time off in December!

I love the pictures. Love the pink shoes! It makes me wish we had done this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter