Dream/Fantasy Muster Stations

Sorry - one more question:

Since we will be standing out on deck for the muster, what about an elderly person who can't stand for very long? Even if they could lean on a wall, that might help, but probably not much chance of that.

Since we will be standing out on deck for the muster, what about an elderly person who can't stand for very long? Even if they could lean on a wall, that might help, but probably not much chance of that.
I believe you can arrange for a special location for those with medical issues. I found this on the DCL website:

if a Guest has other questions or concerns regarding the Mandatory Guest Assembly Drill, contact Disney Cruise Line Special Services at least 60 days in advance of sailing at (407)566-3602 [phone] or (407) 566-7455 [TTY] or via email at specialservices@disneycruise.com.

You can probably also arrange to borrow a wheelchair through Guest Relations.

Ok, thank you.
Another tip (if the others don't work/help): get to the muster station early, and explain the situation. They may be able to give a chair to sit on, or a wall space a bit away from the group. No guarantees, but others have reported doing that and it helped.

Another tip (if the others don't work/help): get to the muster station early, and explain the situation. They may be able to give a chair to sit on, or a wall space a bit away from the group. No guarantees, but others have reported doing that and it helped.
Good idea - thanks!

Here is another great review (Dec 2023) with the muster drill crowds; they did make it in time for the Sail Away (harder to do with kids); they do have a designated area for kids to sit up front for the Sail Away party now:

0C618171-D448-4BBF-87A2-2ABF6C727EF1.jpeg

Wait, they're making you congregate at your muster stations again? I thought they stopped that in lieu of just showing up to show you knew where it was and getting signed off?

We just got off RCCL's Odyssey of the Seas which had us do an online video and then go to our station and get signed in. No more stand and get squished on deck 4 (Fantasy experience, pre-Covid)

Wait, they're making you congregate at your muster stations again? I thought they stopped that in lieu of just showing up to show you knew where it was and getting signed off?

We just got off RCCL's Odyssey of the Seas which had us do an online video and then go to our station and get signed in. No more stand and get squished on deck 4 (Fantasy experience, pre-Covid)
Yes. We did not anticipate how hot and suffocating it will be, but fortunately had water bottles with us (Spring break traveling from well below freezing temps).

Needless to say we changed our upcoming cruise rooms to avoid the outdoor drills.

Muster stations (and room themes-Wish/Treasure) posted by @RedHead0186 in post 515:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sxuVdtXpd0NVlpOFMUJZ-yFsb4U1KPZUd3AC8RN-kl8/htmlview#

Yes. We did not anticipate how hot and suffocating it will be, but fortunately had water bottles with us (Spring break traveling from well below freezing temps).

Needless to say we changed our upcoming cruise rooms to avoid the outdoor drills.

Muster stations (and room themes-Wish/Treasure) posted by @RedHead0186 in post 515:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sxuVdtXpd0NVlpOFMUJZ-yFsb4U1KPZUd3AC8RN-kl8/htmlview#
Thank you for the link! That is good to know.

Last time, I knew we’d muster on deck so I brought a little fan similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Chrihaleat-B...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Yes DCL is the only ones doing the old school drill and it doesn't make sense.

Yes DCL is the only ones doing the old school drill and it doesn't make sense.
When it first returned to lining up outside, they said it was the Coast Guard wanting it that way. Obviously, that isn't true if other cruise lines aren't doing it.
I have mixed feelings about it. I feel that people, especially children, would be better prepared in a true emergency by lining up at the location, like the "old school drill".
Then I recall how many times I stood out in the heat distracted by the sun in my eyes or watching kids squirming and it wasn't until maybe our 5th or 6th cruise that I actually listened to the speech and took mental note of 7 short blasts followed by one long blast.
If all we had to do was have one of us with a cell phone breeze by and snap a pic of the big "M" from our first cruise, we'd probably be clueless in a real emergency.

I also feel annoyed while standing outside in the heat while others get to sit in the comfy WD Theater, but then I remind myself that in a true emergency and evacuation, those on the deck will be first to get into the life boats.

I wonder if Disney is continuing the old muster system for 100% compliance compared to reports from other cruise line passengers with e-muster of the constant reminders to check in at the muster stations due to the numerous non-compliant cruisers and delayed sailings.

I wonder if Disney is continuing the old muster system for 100% compliance compared to reports from other cruise line passengers with e-muster of the constant reminders to check in at the muster stations due to the numerous non-compliant cruisers and delayed sailings.
We were late to e-muster for our March 2022 WBPC cruise. It wasn’t our first experience with it; we had cruised the prior August and November and had no problems. This time, it wouldn't take the photo and confirm we were there. We had to meet with a safety officer the next morning. I can confirm, at least in early 2022 that it didn’t delay our sailing.

The app had a big notice on our home page that we need to visit our muster drill even after we met with the officer. GS said once it’s there, it will stay for the whole cruise so 14 nights of that reminder taking up a big section of the home page.

Neck fans and small battery operated fans should be ok. There are some restrictions on fans that can be brought onboard (plandisney might not be 100% accurate/up to date):

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/id-bring-couple-small-portable-fans-stateroom-website-528236/#:~:text=You are wise to review,Fans must be compact
I have also brought a little hand held fan like this one with no issues.
https://www.amazon.com/Gaiatop-Port...93&sprefix=small+hand+held+fan,aps,133&sr=8-8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter