Duggars, Tim Gunn, Tiger Woods & now --> Paula Deen part 2...just posted!

Suggestions for who should be the subject of my next itinerary? I keep thinking Paula Deen would be fun but I'd have to figure out my angle on her.

After you posted the Tim Gunn itinerary, I thought the Real Housewives of NJ would be a riot to create an itinerary for! The mind reels at the shenanigans that would result! I also like the Paula Deen at F&W idea.

After you posted the Tim Gunn itinerary, I thought the Real Housewives of NJ would be a riot to create an itinerary for! The mind reels at the shenanigans that would result! I also like the Paula Deen at F&W idea.

I'm a big fan of Kathy Griffin and have seen her live many times but after the last show where she talked a lot about the various Real Housewives shows, I knew I probably wouldn't be seeing her again. I've never seen an episode of any of them. :)

I'm a big fan of Kathy Griffin and have seen her live many times but after the last show where she talked a lot about the various Real Housewives shows, I knew I probably wouldn't be seeing her again. I've never seen an episode of any of them. :)

The Housewives are my weekly brain candy. ;) Those shows are like coming up on a car accident. You know you shouldn't look, but you just can't stop yourself. I like Kathy Griffin too.. you should one for her!

How about Kate from Kate + 8. I know they went to Disney before, but now she doesn't have Jon to blame for all the accidents that might happen.

How about Kate from Kate + 8. I know they went to Disney before, but now she doesn't have Jon to blame for all the accidents that might happen.

I think the Duggar itinerary might work for them too, minus the WholesomeWear. ;)

paulapic.jpg

Paula Deen and her boat captain husband are headed to Disney World for a whole week, y'all! They'll go during the Food and Wine Festival so Paula can hang with her chef peeps.

My thoughts:
It's the perfect combo - Paula and Disney - dontcha think? There's no merchandise left that either Paula or Disney hasn't put their name on. The only thing left is a collab of the two. Oh, the possibilities. Mickey-shaped butter? Minnies with Paula eyelashes? Heart-diseased Donald who exists solely on Paula recipes?

Ok, it's time to get into this thing. It's a whole week so this could take awhile.

Let's kick this trip off by taking your own bus from Savannah to Lake Buena Vista on Friday, October 29. Have your bus drop you off at the Beach Club by 9 a.m. or so where you'll get checked into your Club Level Newport Presidential Suite. The idea here is to maximize views and food options and this suite has 2 different balconies so you can see both the EPCOT area and the Boardwalk area plus the typical club level amenities (food!). Score!

Your suite probably won't be ready yet so have them hold your bags and take the short walk over to EPCOT. You'll enter in the World Showcase area which is awesome because you'll be spending a lot of time there this week. Head toward the Future World section and find the Festival Welcome Center that's in between Future World and the World Showcase. From 10-12, your old friend Cat Cora will be here! She'll be doing a Family & Friends thing and will make lunch. A wine rep will be there to help you figure out what works with the food. Yum!

It's good that this lunch thing with Cat Cora is over at noon because you've got some event crashing to do. In the same area, there's a thing called Authors without Borders going on at 12:15 where food and wine authors speak for 30 minutes.

Are you an author? Yep. Have you written about food? Yep. Can you speak? Yes, you might speak exaggerated Southernese but it still qualifies.

Get right up and start talkin', girl. Everybody enjoys an Authors without Borders crasher.

Since your husband is with you, perhaps the audience won't mind your husband reading (or should I say readin'?) to them from his book about you.

Probably two weeks later, I was out smokin’ in my yard again and Paula shows up chasin’ the dogs again! And naturally the dogs and I had already said our hellos — we’re buddies by this time. Paula ran up, same thing. “Well, I’m sorry my dogs are poopin’ in your backyard again,” she said. “If you have a bag or somethin’, I can clean it up. Please let me.”

“It’s okay,” I said.

Awww. :lovestruc

After all that readin' and eatin' and walkin' it's probably a good idea to head back to your room which is hopefully ready by now. Take some time this afternoon to chill - grab an ice cream from Beaches and Cream, take a dip in Stormalong Bay, take a bath in butter...or all 3!

Time to indulge your love of buses! By about 6:00 or 6:15, head for the bus stop and get on the bus headed for the TTC where you'll take another bus to Fort Wilderness.

If you aren't feeling the bus love as much, you could also take a bus from the hotel to Magic Kingdom and then travel by boat over the Ft. Wilderness.

You are here for the 7:15 Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue show! Fun and Food are the goals here so it's just perfect. Cornbread, fried chicken, ribs and strawberry shortcake! Can you imagine it? This funny show will you have in stitches, girl. Get back to your room afterward and call it a day.

Saturday, walk to the International Gateway by the time EPCOT is set to open. Although the World Showcase isn't open yet, you can still enter here and walk to the Future World section. Make sure you spend a little time here since most of your attention will be in the World Showcase this week.

Take a break mid-day if you'd like but head back to the World Showcase in the evening for Party for the Senses beginning at 5:45 with seats to watch the Eat to the Beat series performer for the night which happens to be Starship/Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Thomas Jefferson/whatever-they-call-themselves-now.

From 6:30-9, you'll enjoy tasting various food and wines. I'm sure they'll have at turkey leg if you look real hard.

The following day is Sunday. Not just any ol' Sunday but it's Halloween today. Take it slow this morning but head to Downtown Disney via bus. You're going to cleanse yourself of the evils of Halloween at the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues which is half food and half gospel entertainment. At this time, the entertainer is TBD. I hear they're good!

Hang out in DTD, do a bit of shopping and walking and maybe even have your husband rent a boat. Y'all have a thing for boats so this oughta be a hit.

In the afternoon, head back to your hotel for a bit before heading to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which starts at 7.

The best part? You get to go as yourself.

To be continued...

Time to indulge your love of buses! By about 6:00 or 6:15, head for the bus stop and get on the bus headed for the TTC where you'll take another bus to Fort Wilderness.

If you aren't feeling the bus love as much, you could also take a bus from the hotel to Magic Kingdom and then travel by boat over the Ft. Wilderness.

[/I]

Maybe boat captain hubbie can stand next to the boat for a picture or if he shows off his shiney boat captain hat and reminds them he is Mr Paula Dean maybe they will let him drive!

After all that readin' and eatin' and walkin' it's probably a good idea to head back to your room which is hopefully ready by now. Take some time this afternoon to chill - grab an ice cream from Beaches and Cream, take a dip in Stormalong Bay, take a bath in butter...or all 3!

This part made me LOL, Paula Deens cooking show is always made me laugh,whenever we talk about her we always have to talk about her butter obsession.

:happytv:

Maybe boat captain hubbie can stand next to the boat for a picture or if he shows off his shiney boat captain hat and reminds them he is Mr Paula Dean maybe they will let him drive!

He looks more like Santa though. The kids might want to sit on his lap. :santa:

Ever since I posted about Paula Deen, I've been inundated with Paula Deen comments in person that are super random like "Paula should host Shark Week" and then at a comedy show "Paula Deen is obviously suicidal."

I feel like she's haunting me.

:surfweb: There. Now I've subscribed. (Don't you hate when people do that when you are hoping for a new installment?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter