DVC Confessional

I didn’t buy into Grand Cal when we saw it in 2009-2012 because the hotel rack rates were so low when we could travel with our oldest before he was school aged.

I had a really good job at the time and the financial crisis actually was good for me financially, so money wasn’t the issue.

I put $20k into a Guaranteed Tuition Program with the state of Washington for my sons 529 instead and it hasn’t gone up anywhere near the stock market or Grand Cal….

We grabbed blankets off of a storage unit that was randomly sitting on the first floor of our Saratoga building. It was like destiny. We were freezing and getting back to our room late at night.

There were 4 of us playing board games in the living room of an Old Key West 2 bedroom around 10PM. One of our neighbors must have not liked the noise and we had a knock at our door. Two Disney police were there telling us to quiet down.
That’s wild. They were probably jealous that you were having fun.

We bought PVB direct when it rolled out. We use our DVC points for vacations two to three times a year, and have only stayed at PVB twice.

We've also only used our BLT home resort twice since 2012.

Family has owned since 1998 and haven’t stayed at home resort.
Amazing. Can anybody beat a 25 year SAP success streak?

Thinking that reminded me how DVC member events on Disney cruises usually start with a competition to see who has been a DVC member the longest. It would be hilarious if they supplemented it with “which of you has gone the longest without using points at your home resort?” Maybe it will even help them sell Aulani. 🤣

(I own direct points at Aulani, please don’t take that as disparaging the resort.)

I’m at Aulani now (our third 9-night trip in one year) and refuse to even consider paying $200 per person to attend their luau.
We went in April and thought the luau was pretty good. Although, the necklaces they give to the guys smell really weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter