DVC Grand Floridian Officially Announced

WRWDisney

Mouseketeer
At the DVC Board Meeting at the Disney Contemporary, the DVC at the Grand Floridian was officially announced. Limited to no details.
AgK4eU2CEAADBrQ.jpg:large
A Celebratory cookie was available, however:thumbsup2

Disney will build ~147 DVC villas at Grand Floridian. Expected to open in late 2013.

Pretty much a known fact they were planning/building DVC at GF.

Now we have to wait and see the cost.........

I attended the DVC Annual Meeting. Highlights:

• Grand Floridian announced! Opening end of 2014.
  • On-line booking starts gradually beginning Jan 19
  • DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
  • More TV channels including FOX News
  • Point reallocations are coming again
  • Vacation planner being mailed tomorrow – handed out at meeting

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_162603.jpg

The TIW item is an interesting one. We were deciding whether or not to renew our APs when they come up in June, and the TIW discount make it close enough in costs to decide to renew. With the TIW being avialable without the APs, we'll probably drop them and save a few hundred dollars.

Did they happen to announce when the DVC Condo meeting will be in 2012? I missed this year (unfortunately) and definitely need to be there next year...plus it gives me another reason to make a trip to WDW!!!

Did they happen to announce when the DVC Condo meeting will be in 2012? I missed this year (unfortunately) and definitely need to be there next year...plus it gives me another reason to make a trip to WDW!!!

It's always been the first full week of December, usually mid-week.

I think I would have preferred the Poly. Maybe it will be next :)

:thumbsup2

I won't buy at GF, I am not sure I would pick it over my favs BC or SSR, but maybe I would try it in a winter month, where pool is less important.

Assuming they added a hot tub and walk in pool to the POLY.. I would buy there for sure.

I wonder if they are adding a parking lot for the DVC units. The self-park lot is across the street for the regular GF guests.

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_162603.jpg

Nice! We are talking about going back to WDW and that may be a nice time :)

Awesome news on GF. Poly is sure to be next as DVC has figured out that small DVC components at premier hotel locations sells fast and at a premium cost. Also nice to see them add some perks as opposed to taking them away. The reallocation is surely going to tick off some people, my take on that though is they have to do whats best for the membership as a whole.

Some great perks..I like that you can buy TIW without an AP! Also, anyone knows when the DVC at GF will go on sale? We would love to add on when it goes on sale!

I wonder if they are adding a parking lot for the DVC units. The self-park lot is across the street for the regular GF guests.

This is a plan that someone found that shows extra parking.

Disneys-Grand-Floridian-DVC_Full_14178.jpg

I played with this in Google Earth to see if I could figure out how it's going to fit in with the existing landscape. Notice the extended shoreline.

VGFonGoogleEarthoverview.jpg

I think this shows that the sightlines to MK will not be that great.

VGFonGoogleEarth.jpg

bigAWL,

Nice job with the Google Earth overlay! That was one of the most useful graphics I have seen on the site renderings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter