DVC Grand Floridian Officially Announced

My guess is that the rooms facing the MK in the drawing will be two BRS with the glassed areas being the master bedrooms.....two per floor. Seems too many rooms to be a grand villa. Could be lockouts or dedicated.

How long until we see decor designs do you think it will be?

I'm thinking that each floor there is a single grand villa, spread out on one level like the Animal Kingdom villas.

AKV_GV.jpg

That would add up to six grand villas. I don't think that's too many for a 147-villa DVC. Just about the same ratio as VGC which has 2 GVs out of 48 total. (edit: I re-read your post, and I don't think you were saying that 6 was too many GVs. Anyway, doing that math and comparing it to the VGC ratio, I'm even more convinced that those are GVs in the front of the photo.)

I think a view of the wedding pavilion would be nice too. I personally love weddings! Last night I couldn't believe my ears when my husband said..we better start saving up for grand floridian!! So maybe with a wedding pavilion view he might get inspired for a vow renewal!! :bride:

I think a view of the wedding pavilion would be nice too. I personally love weddings! Last night I couldn't believe my ears when my husband said..we better start saving up for grand floridian!! So maybe with a wedding pavilion view he might get inspired for a vow renewal!! :bride:

I also think that view would be great. The GF is DH's favorite resort & he's been waiting for this for us to add on there. We renewed our vows at the wedding pavilion in 2009 & had our reception at the GF so it holds a special place in our hearts. :lovestruc

I'm thinking that each floor there is a single grand villa, spread out on one level like the Animal Kingdom villas.

AKV_GV.jpg

That would add up to six grand villas. I don't think that's too many for a 147-villa DVC. Just about the same ratio as VGC which has 2 GVs out of 48 total. (edit: I re-read your post, and I don't think you were saying that 6 was too many GVs. Anyway, doing that math and comparing it to the VGC ratio, I'm even more convinced that those are GVs in the front of the photo.)

I totally agree and was going to post the same thing.

AKV_GV.jpg

Thanks for more explanation. You're right...... I just thought it was too many "bays" or whatever the proper term is for a grand villa but your illustration shows that's not the case. Still that puts the balconies in front of the bedrooms. I'll stick with my guess although yours would make for dramatic views from the living room/dining room of a GV.

I wonder what the rationale was behind having GVs at VGC but not at BCV or VWL?

Awesome overlay BTW. :surfweb:

I played with this in Google Earth to see if I could figure out how it's going to fit in with the existing landscape. Notice the extended shoreline.

VGFonGoogleEarthoverview.jpg

What is the structure just below and to the left of the Contemporary?

Lurked on these boards a LONG time... bigAWL, you are now added to my short list of DISboard heroes (joining Richyams - may he RIP). Thank you for a truly unique and provocative thread. :thumbsup2

VWL has about 112 2 br equivelents so VGF will be the second smallest at WDW

Good job bigAWL!

Two questions for anyone...

1. Anyone out there disappointed that the great leisurely walk between the Poly and GF is now going to have a big building plopped right down in the middle of it?

2. Will this likely have suites that can accommodate a family of six?

Good job bigAWL!

Two questions for anyone...

1. Anyone out there disappointed that the great leisurely walk between the Poly and GF is now going to have a big building plopped right down in the middle of it? No

2. Will this likely have suites that can accommodate a family of six? It will have at least 1 and 2 bedroom villas like the rest of DVC hotels
You will have to get a 1 or 2 bedroom suite to accommodate 6.

We would love to buy at GF but I bet the price per point will be around $150. It is getting too expensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter