DVC Grand Floridian Officially Announced

bigAwl you are clever! Any idea of how many floors, if it is taller than the current building, you might have some nice views on the higher floors. We all know they like to charge those premium prices for the MK view, so I assume they'll have some MK views, not just peeks!

I attended the DVC Annual Meeting. Highlights:

• Grand Floridian announced! Opening end of 2014.
  • On-line booking starts gradually beginning Jan 19
  • DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
  • More TV channels including FOX News
  • Point reallocations are coming again
  • Vacation planner being mailed tomorrow – handed out at meeting

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_162603.jpg

Ok, you peaked my interest with the more channels thing. Any idea what channels? I am so tired of not being able to watch baseball playoffs, basketball playoffs, NCAA tourney, etc...please tell me TBS and TNT will be coming to a Disney TV near us soon

Great Job bigAWL!!

Looks like the views might be something like "Lake View" and "Courtyard View"??? I don't see a "Standard View", it just sounds too cheap for the "Flagship Resort".

Ok, you peaked my interest with the more channels thing. Any idea what channels? I am so tired of not being able to watch baseball playoffs, basketball playoffs, NCAA tourney, etc...please tell me TBS and TNT will be coming to a Disney TV near us soon

From the reports, History and Food Network were the 2 others specifically called out, but there was a mention of a more...

bigAwl you are clever! Any idea of how many floors, if it is taller than the current building, you might have some nice views on the higher floors. We all know they like to charge those premium prices for the MK view, so I assume they'll have some MK views, not just peeks!

Nice job bigAwl!

The rendering on the Orlando Sentinel showed up to 6 floors + a possible roof/dormer level?

It will not be taller than the current building. I believe it is 5 just as the other buildings are.

Nice job bigAwl!

The rendering on the Orlando Sentinel showed up to 6 floors + a possible roof/dormer level?
Exactly, I went back and looked at the drawing and it looks like it could even be 7 floors plus the roof/dormer level, leaving a very few, sought after, possible MK view rooms!

Anyone want to speculate on price? :scared1: Scared to see price points and points price (cost per point and how many points needed)

Exactly, I went back and looked at the drawing and it looks like it could even be 7 floors plus the roof/dormer level, leaving a very few, sought after, possible MK view rooms!

Anyone want to speculate on price? :scared1: Scared to see price points and points price (cost per point and how many points needed)

Correct, I miscounted. I figure it will be 6 floors, with the top being Grand Villas that will be two levels. But then the dormers could just be for decoration as they don't look like a balcony in the rendering.

Disney_s+Grand+Floridian+Resort+Expansion+-+Exterior.jpg

Correct, I miscounted. I figure it will be 6 floors, with the top being Grand Villas that will be two levels. But then the dormers could just be for decoration as they don't look like a balcony in the rendering.

I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly, but I thought those little dormer windows on the top floor of the lodge buildings (or something on the top floor you can see on the top floor from the outside) were storage or mousekeeping rooms. It's been a few years since we've stayed there though now.

She never mentioned TBS or TNT but did say Fox, she (Claire) went on to say Fox was requested the most.

Hi Sammie! I really don't know much about this location. Do you think there will be " view" categories like BLT? Can anyone see much of Magic Kingdom? Exactly what does the building face, primarily Bay Lake?

If it will have grand villas is a good question, the other smaller add on DVC did not (BC & VWL)

If it will have grand villas is a good question, the other smaller add on DVC did not (BC & VWL)

Looking at the artwork, I'm guessing that all those rooms facing you as you look at the picture (the rooms facing toward the MK) will all be grand villas. Maybe single-story grand villas.

While I don't see how that building will have decent MK views, they could easily sell MK view category villas if they convert some of the existing rooms to DVC.

Hi Sammie! I really don't know much about this location. Do you think there will be " view" categories like BLT? Can anyone see much of Magic Kingdom? Exactly what does the building face, primarily Bay Lake?

Check out post #19 of this thread where I showed how the site plan fits in between the existing grand floridian and the poly. I'm guessing the best view category from the new building will be lake view (seven seas lagoon, though, not bay lake.)

My guess is that the rooms facing the MK in the drawing will be two BRS with the glassed areas being the master bedrooms.....two per floor. Seems too many rooms to be a grand villa. Could be lockouts or dedicated.

How long until we see decor designs do you think it will be?

I'm REALLY starting to get excited!!:yay: And I already told the hubby that I have addonitis. LOL
Nancy

I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly, but I thought those little dormer windows on the top floor of the lodge buildings (or something on the top floor you can see on the top floor from the outside) were storage or mousekeeping rooms. It's been a few years since we've stayed there though now.

HVAC units are up on the roof for each unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter