DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

Tom and I are native New Jerseyans. For 30 years we lived in either PA or Ohio, but happily we have retired to Cape May NJ on April 25 last year. We have owned the shore house for 20 years, so really it does not seem like we have only recently moved.

@tidefan - Fellow SEC fan Gator Joe here with FE updates, Cabin 10160, It now appears our adult aged daughters will be able to go!
Abigale - Senior at UF, Fave Dis character - Sven, **** Hannah - Grad school USF, Fave Dis character - Jessie.
I've got you updated! Glad to have another SEC fan on board. Mullen should have UF back to the top before too long...

Ok, I'm bored today.

We live in Florida, but are transplants like 50% of the residents. I am from Indy, and my wife the Windy City. Any others from there?
My wife has always lived in Alabama, other than a short stint in the ATL. I grew up in North Florida (Tallahassee), then moved to Nashville in high school, and split the difference and went to school at Alabama and have stayed in the State for 21 years! Roll Tide!

Hi all! I've been lurking for a while but hadn't joined in yet because I was very busy at work and applying to grad schools and couldn't check the boards for a while. But now my show is up and I'm set for school, so I can really throw myself in!

My parents and I are so excited to finally be doing a member cruise this year! My dad and I will be doing a few days in the parks the 15th-19th, with a short trip to their house in Venice right before the cruise. My mom is joining us Sunday afternoon before the cruise, as she has less vacation time. I'm very into Disneybounding, and my folks are getting more into it, and my typical wardrobe falls into the "Dapper Day" style, and since I sew for a hobby I've got some very exciting outfit plans for the parks and the cruise. So if you see a very bouncy 20-something at the head of a trio dressed as, say, the Three Caballeros, that's probably me.

@tidefan We'd also love to be included in one of the FE groups! We are cabin #9672 from Connecticut and our cabin members are as follows:
Art (Dad), favorite character Tigger
Julia (Mom), favorite character Tinkerbell
Kat (Me), favorite character Merida/Rapunzel

Can't wait to sail with you all!

Who wants to share your favorite local candy or snack? It’s fun to go back to your cabin and see what surprise there is in your Fish Extender!!

I will keep the groups between 6-11 cabins. One year we had 32 cabins, 4 groups of 8.

Local Candy/Snack exchange interest.
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe

At this time, I am asking for interest. At the end of May, I will ask for “ conversations “ sent to me with your specific information. Then you will give your cabin number, number of adults, children in your cabin, and if any allergies. Participants are asked to give enough for the cabin to share.

My goal will be to have in information given to the group(s) by June 23.

Hi all! I've been lurking for a while but hadn't joined in yet because I was very busy at work and applying to grad schools and couldn't check the boards for a while. But now my show is up and I'm set for school, so I can really throw myself in!

My parents and I are so excited to finally be doing a member cruise this year! My dad and I will be doing a few days in the parks the 15th-19th, with a short trip to their house in Venice right before the cruise. My mom is joining us Sunday afternoon before the cruise, as she has less vacation time. I'm very into Disneybounding, and my folks are getting more into it, and my typical wardrobe falls into the "Dapper Day" style, and since I sew for a hobby I've got some very exciting outfit plans for the parks and the cruise. So if you see a very bouncy 20-something at the head of a trio dressed as, say, the Three Caballeros, that's probably me.

@tidefan We'd also love to be included in one of the FE groups! We are cabin #9672 from Connecticut and our cabin members are as follows:
Art (Dad), favorite character Tigger
Julia (Mom), favorite character Tinkerbell
Kat (Me), favorite character Merida/Rapunzel

Can't wait to sail with you all!
I have you added!

So, we are now up to 17 cabins in the FE, so I will undertake splitting into 2 groups over the next few days. I have taken an initial stab at group names that would have a DVC and DCL flair. So, I came up with...

"Team Pirate"
and
"Team Incredibles"

(*Note, if you get this, you are a DCL DVC veteran!)

Who wants to share your favorite local candy or snack? It’s fun to go back to your cabin and see what surprise there is in your Fish Extender!!

I will keep the groups between 6-11 cabins. One year we had 32 cabins, 4 groups of 8.

maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe

At this time, I am asking for interest. At the end of May, I will ask for “ conversations “ sent to me with your specific information. Then you will give your cabin number, number of adults, children in your cabin, and if any allergies. Participants are asked to give enough for the cabin to share.

My goal will be to have in information given to the group(s) by June 23.
@bobbiwoz, I think that we are in for the TOTWL also and it may be a good time to remind about the meet-up for those who are new to the board...

The Happily Ever After Fireworks are scheduled for 9:15 on July 22nd. Let’s Meet at the Top of the World Lounge at BLT on that day. Tom and I will get there at 7:45 to save some seats.

The lounge is opened to all DVCers and guests who are staying at WDW! Music is piped in, and the outside observation deck gives an excellent view of the fireworks.

Who thinks they’ll be joining us? This is just to get an idea of seating to save.

Top of the World Meet interest.
bobbiwoz..2
Tidefan

Last edited:
The Happily Ever After Fireworks are scheduled for 9:15 on July 22nd. Let’s Meet at the Top of the World Lounge at BLT on that day. Tom and I will get there at 7:45 to save some seats.

The lounge is opened to all DVCers and guests who are staying at WDW! Music is piped in, and the outside observation deck gives an excellent view of the fireworks.

Who thinks they’ll be joining us? This is just to get an idea of seating to save.

bobbiwoz..2
We will know a bit closer to the date. There may be 3 of us, or possibly just me.

This will be our first member cruise, just wondering how many goodies do you take home or leave there and how many bags do you plan on for the return home

This will be our first member cruise, just wondering how many goodies do you take home or leave there and how many bags do you plan on for the return home

This is hard to answer. You usually get a back pack per person and that helps. If you can bring an empty or semi-empty suitcase that would help.

I have been known to leave or give away things that were designated for use on the beach, I do not remember all, but a cup holder to stick in sand was one thing. I do not walk well on sand.

bobbiwoz..2
Tidefan
We'll know closer too. We're pretty much out of points, and while my mother loves Happily Ever After, for the price of the cheapest non-DVC room, we could just buy her a one-day MK ticket to see it up close :rotfl:

We'll know closer too. We're pretty much out of points, and while my mother loves Happily Ever After, for the price of the cheapest non-DVC room, we could just buy her a one-day MK ticket to see it up close :rotfl:

I’ve only seen the castle projections up close once. We have plans to see them again during our up coming Flower Show visit. You do not see the projections from TOTW. However, you usually can see Peter Pan fly.

Would love to meet up at ToTWL (BLT home resort -- yay!), but I'll have to see how DS7 is holding up that day. His usual bedtime is 745p.

I don't know if I answered earlier, but I think I'm up for one FE group since this is our first time doing it and I'm solo-parenting on the cruise. Hoping my kid loves Oceaneer Club/Lab so much that I will have time for the spa... and delivering of FE gifts if he's not interested in assisting me, which he might be at first.

Would love to meet up at ToTWL (BLT home resort -- yay!), but I'll have to see how DS7 is holding up that day. His usual bedtime is 745p.

I don't know if I answered earlier, but I think I'm up for one FE group since this is our first time doing it and I'm solo-parenting on the cruise. Hoping my kid loves Oceaneer Club/Lab so much that I will have time for the spa... and delivering of FE gifts if he's not interested in assisting me, which he might be at first.
Hope to see you up there!:thumbsup2

Hi... Dawn from Virginia (and noticed quiet a few other Dawn's cruising as well!)

This will be our first MC! We are actually doing our 5th Disney Dream cruise in May, then we will be GOLD for the MC!

I would like to join the candy/snack exchange for the MC.
Its me and husband.

We are headed to Port Canaveral on Saturday before the cruise to do some activities at the Space Center/beach/etc. Be on the other side of Fish Lips.

See you on the cruise!

Hi... Dawn from Virginia (and noticed quiet a few other Dawn's cruising as well!)

This will be our first MC! We are actually doing our 5th Disney Dream cruise in May, then we will be GOLD for the MC!

I would like to join the candy/snack exchange for the MC.
Its me and husband.

We are headed to Port Canaveral on Saturday before the cruise to do some activities at the Space Center/beach/etc. Be on the other side of Fish Lips.

See you on the cruise!
:welcome:

maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe
dfwshw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter