DVC News - August 2023 DVC sales report

Good question. Why are people buying original Poly DVC direct?
Possibly because they hope that the Poly tower will be part of their condo association, giving them 11-month booking privileges there. And maybe they’re hedging their bets - buying direct means they can stay there whether it’s the same or a new condo association (booking at 11 or 7 months, respectively). Buying resale at Poly means that if it is a new condo association, they will not be able to book there with their resale points.

Possibly because they hope that the Poly tower will be part of their condo association, giving them 11-month booking privileges there. And maybe they’re hedging their bets - buying direct means they can stay there whether it’s the same or a new condo association (booking at 11 or 7 months, respectively). Buying resale at Poly means that if it is a new condo association, they will not be able to book there with their resale points.
At that point I'd rather just wait and buy Poly 2 direct. Buying PVB direct at the inflated price isn't the best decision if anyone is playing the Poly 2 "will it be won't it be" bingo

When they announced that BPK would be part of VGF, DVD stopped selling direct points. You could not buy them at all.

I find it interesting that they are letting people buy PVB at the current high price…if I had to guess if this means anything, I’d put it into the column that leans toward new association.

When they announced that BPK would be part of VGF, DVD stopped selling direct points. You could not buy them at all.

I find it interesting that they are letting people buy PVB at the current high price…if I had to guess if this means anything, I’d put it into the column that leans toward new association.
Or same association with an on sale price of $250 before incentives and that’s why they haven’t raised Poly direct prices when the other sold out resort prices went up.

Last edited:
Grand Flo going like hotcakes. Interesting how much sales have picked up. Between the DLH going on sale and huge VGF sales on the promo, it tells me that most of the sales are going to existing owners, or at least people paying more attention than your average timeshare buyer. They’re taking full advantage of what’s happening.

I wonder though if Disney’s first time buyer sales have picked up at all.

Or same association with an on sale price of $250 before incentives and that’s why they haven’t raised Poly direct prices when the other sold out resort prices went up.

I am pretty sure it was last year in 2022 Poly went to $250. They also did run incentives in January which seems odd

It still represents that they are doing something different than they did for BPK,

I have that same question about VB and HHI. You could get those two on the resale market for more than half off of what they sell for direct. And because of their high dues I’d only buy those for their priority booking window. Perhaps just an uninformed buyers way to get “cheaper” points compared to the rest of the resorts?

It’s amazing what a call out from the CEO on an earnings call will do:

“This marked the fourth consecutive month in which overall point sales surpassed the 200,000-point threshold, a feat that had never occurred in the 13 years that DVCNews has tracked direct sales.”
The earnings call was in August after many of these sales occurred. I don’t think it had a direct (or any) effect on the uptick in sales.

I love how these numbers do not account for all the August holdouts that didn't sign. I am sure September will also have impressive VGF numbers with only 11 days worth of the summer promo.
There are also the people who spread their payments over 30, 60, or even 90 days who won’t show up in the sales until at least a month past signing!

The earnings call was in August after many of these sales occurred. I don’t think it had a direct (or any) effect on the uptick in sales.
I believe that the enhanced incentives were material in increasing direct sales.

Something happened that made the DVC brass start offering enhanced incentives.

I’m my experience, division heads know when they get on the C-suite’s radar and takes material steps to improve the numbers for the next earnings report.

I love how these numbers do not account for all the August holdouts that didn't sign. I am sure September will also have impressive VGF numbers with only 11 days worth of the summer promo.
Maybe I'm being overly literal with the precise wording of the article, but it said:

"The data is compiled from deeds filed by Disney Vacation Development and recorded with the Orange County (FL) Comptroller" (emphasis in the original)

At least for my personal resale contract, that said, in part:

"WHILE YOU MAY EXECUTE ALL CLOSING DOCUMENTS IN ADVANCE, THE CLOSING, AS EVIDENCED BY DELIVERY OFTHE DEED OR OTHER DOCUMENT,BEFORE EXPIRATION OF YOUR 10-DAY CANCELLATION PERIOD, IS PROHIBITED"

So I think that those who expressed interest in August, but didn't go through and sign wouldn't have been included and therefore would not have been included in the dataset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter