DVC News - August 2023 DVC sales report

I asked a similar question on a different thread and was told that Disney doesn't limit according to Use Year when selling direct points? Some folks were saying that their guides would not sell them Oct. or Dec Use Years recently for GFV.

To me, that would indicate they were "running out" of certain Use Years. But I was corrected that this wasn't how it worked??
Units were unpegged from Use Years a while back in order to give Disney more flexibility.

At the same time, if Disney is running out of October and December UYs, it’s very likely because they don’t have enough 2022 points left to sell. They’re constantly allowing BVTC to take rooms from them to rent to guests for cash. When they do that, they legally have to “use” points up. If they’ve “used” most of the 2022 points for the contracts they have left to sell, they really need to hang on to the remaining few to sell to existing owners with Oct and Dec UYs.

They got into this same mess with Riviera at the end of either 2021 or 2022 (I can’t remember which) where in November they couldn’t even sell December UYs to existing owners with December UYs because they literally didn’t have a single valid point left for the expiring UY. They made everyone wait until 12/1.

Last edited:
Yeah we signed in June and made final payment by Sept 2. Our 150 VGF will be counted with Sept sales, right?
Units were unpegged from Use Years a while back in order to give Disney more flexibility.

At the same time, if Disney is running out of October and December UYs, it’s very likely because they don’t have enough 2022 points left to sell. They’re constantly allowing BVTC to take rooms from them to rent to guests for cash. When they do that, they legally have to “use” points up. If they’ve “used” most of the 2022 points for the contracts they have left to sell, they really need to hang on to the remaining few to sell to existing owners with Oct and Dec UYs.

They got into this same mess with Riviera at the end of either 2021 or 2022 (I can’t remember which) where in November they couldn’t even sell December UYs to existing owners with December UYs because they literally didn’t have a single valid point left for the expiring UY. They made everyone wait until 12/1.
I wonder if that’s why they gave me an Oct UY so easily (my existing contracts were Jun and Aug)— I told a randomly assigned member chat guide 10 days ago that I would buy VGF but only with an Oct UY and I wanted to do magical beginnings, so they didn’t have to worry about not having many 2022 points left?

I am also one of the September purchase with 90 day payment splits that presumably won’t get recorded until December or possibly January. It would not surprise me if many savvy DVC members waited until late Aug/early Sept and are also taking a free 60-90 day loan from Disney to spread out payments…VGF could be nearly sold out by now…but I’m guessing it’s not over 90% or they would have lowered the incentives even more.

I wonder if that’s why they gave me an Oct UY so easily (my existing contracts were Jun and Aug)— I told a randomly assigned member chat guide 10 days ago that I would buy VGF but only with an Oct UY and I wanted to do magical beginnings, so they didn’t have to worry about not having many 2022 points left?

I am also one of the September purchase with 90 day payment splits that presumably won’t get recorded until December or possibly January. It would not surprise me if many savvy DVC members waited until late Aug/early Sept and are also taking a free 60-90 day loan from Disney to spread out payments…VGF could be nearly sold out by now…but I’m guessing it’s not over 90% or they would have lowered the incentives even more.
There were a number of people saying they had a hard time getting an Oct or Dec Use Year recently, so we are getting mixed messages for sure.

Thank you - this makes sense! I am curious, @pkrieger2287 , if the recent VGF bought back through ROFR were October or December Use Years? This would explain the supposed contradiction of Disney buying back points in ROFR from an actively selling resort.

I can’t read your post without hearing the guy’s voice from Lilo & Stitch 🤣

Dumb question: What does this mean: "Disney has sold 1,405,358 of the 1,779,822 points (79.0%) allotted to the 202 Resort Studios located in Big Pine Key. DVC still has about 366,975 Grand Floridian points it can sell to the general public."

Who else do they sell points to other than the "general public"? Is that code for points reserved by DVD for cash sales? Or are there some VIPs/BigWigs/Rich people that get their own special allotment of points?

Dumb question: What does this mean: "Disney has sold 1,405,358 of the 1,779,822 points (79.0%) allotted to the 202 Resort Studios located in Big Pine Key. DVC still has about 366,975 Grand Floridian points it can sell to the general public."

Who else do they sell points to other than the "general public"? Is that code for points reserved by DVD for cash sales? Or are there some VIPs/BigWigs/Rich people that get their own special allotment of points?

They have keep at least 2% of points based on FL law. Those can’t be sold.

What are best guesses for POLY2 on sale starting date??
Some context…

Cabins at Fort Wilderness timeshare license was found around October 13. We still have no date for its sales starting. Others are probably better at this, but I think they advertise the sales starting a month or so before starting sales. That would put CFW sales starting no sooner than February.

No one has reported any timeshare license for the tower, so it seems a minimum 4 months from sales starting for tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter