Early Entry on Saturday January 20th starts at Disneyland/New Schedule

Ha! I must be stuck in my old Disney ways- even subconsciously.. already did my park reservations for May and other than my last day, I avoided the the EE park..

I am looking forward to transitional rope drop again. I'll admit that our last big trip we stayed at DLH and with my solo trip I'm doing good neighbor.. it's kinda nice to know I can rope drop fantasy land, space mountain or racers... just looking at the other side of the coin here for off site guests

Also just had a flood of memories! Our old strategy when magic morning was a thing with any 3 day ticket.. we used to use magic morning at Disneyland while we started to use max pass for DCA.. around 10 we would hop to DCA with a stack of fast passes... I don't hate genie.. but I do miss that.. also multiple fastpasses for the same ride...... oh man..

Yeeesh....4 days for DCA and only 3 at DL? Not sure if that was what it was pre-COVID as we had not stayed on property up until then. The perks of staying on-site are becoming less and less. With no package delivery and a reduced EE, the only true perk I am seeing is maybe a nicer hotel room, which is definitely opinion based. But if you're not in the room hardly at all, that is a tough sell of $800+ per night. Well, I'm glad we stayed on-site as many times as we did. Back to Harbor it is lol

Yeeesh....4 days for DCA and only 3 at DL? Not sure if that was what it was pre-COVID as we had not stayed on property up until then. The perks of staying on-site are becoming less and less. With no package delivery and a reduced EE, the only true perk I am seeing is maybe a nicer hotel room, which is definitely opinion based. But if you're not in the room hardly at all, that is a tough sell of $800+ per night. Well, I'm glad we stayed on-site as many times as we did. Back to Harbor it is lol

The 2024 EE Schedule is the same as preCovid. preCovid EE was 1 hour now it is 30 minutes. EE is DL Resort guests only. PreCovid there was 3 day park hopper ticket with 1 Magic morning for off site guests - that is gone now.

Last edited:
Wait, so EE is no longer going to be an onsite perk? If it's going to be available to every ticket holder, then it really isn't EE anymore, is it? It's just a park opening 1/2 hour early.

I wish they could have gone back to a full hour if they are alternating parks, but I'll take the 30 minutes as I'm always itching to go, go, go in the morning! just really hope they go back to dedicated turnstyles. That made things so much easier.

Oh and I wish they let us into DtD earlier so the crowds to go through security are a bit more dispersed. Didn't it use to open at like 6am? I have a memory of walking around a very deserted DtD ages ago, but maybe that was even before it was part of the security bubble.

I wish they could have gone back to a full hour if they are alternating parks, but I'll take the 30 minutes as I'm always itching to go, go, go in the morning! just really hope they go back to dedicated turnstyles. That made things so much easier.

Oh and I wish they let us into DtD earlier so the crowds to go through security are a bit more dispersed. Didn't it use to open at like 6am? I have a memory of walking around a very deserted DtD ages ago, but maybe that was even before it was part of the security bubble.
Eliminating a park from EE each day while keeping EE at 30 minutes seems like an odd plan to keep the over-priced, understaffed onsite hotels (with a lack of dining options) full of guests, it will be interesting to see how long this current policy lasts.

So we are staying onsite for the first time ever... after this change. I've never paid attention to EE because I've never been onsite. The half hour seems a waste unless somehow the security lines are quick. I have tweens/teens and they aren't really morning people. Is it better to just make park ressies at the non-EE park, then?

So we are staying onsite for the first time ever... after this change. I've never paid attention to EE because I've never been onsite. The half hour seems a waste unless somehow the security lines are quick. I have tweens/teens and they aren't really morning people. Is it better to just make park ressies at the non-EE park, then?
If your family isn't going to be up early for EE, I just think you should make park reservations for whichever park you think you'll want to start with. If you do rope drop, the benefit to choosing the park without EE means you can try to knock out more popular rides with no EE guests being in line already.

I just don't think it's going to make a huge difference. The number of EE guests will pale in comparison to those that arrive for rope drop, so I don't think it will skew wait times much when the park opens.

There was a time where the early park access could impact attendance in the mornings but that was when 3 day+ park hoppers included it for many off site vacationers too. But even before, with park hopping and the mid-morning deluge of locals, it only mattered very early in the day.

Cant imagine it will even register now, with so few on site guests.

There was a time where the early park access could impact attendance in the mornings but that was when 3 day+ park hoppers included it for many off site vacationers too. But even before, with park hopping and the mid-morning deluge of locals, it only mattered very early in the day.

Cant imagine it will even register now, with so few on site guests.
The only place it is really noticeable is the E tickets. RSR for example will have a line already before rope drop, Peter Pan as well. But for the most part, yeah, it doesn't really affect much at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter