Earthquake just woke me up!

We are in Danville and DH works in Beech Grove near the hospital..
Small world!!!

Very small world! Nice to meet a fellow diser! Its weird to think we could have crossed paths shopping or park going and never knew it! I always look for mickey heads on people's car antenas.

Central IL- Dfiance felt it. Thought it was wind or something. I wanted to feel it!

It was felt here in my town and I'm in between Nashville and Knoxville. I slept through it but my friend said she felt it.

I was putting groceries away and felt aftershocks about 30 mins. ago. All of the food in the fridge was clinking together. I could see the stuff moving. It kind of felt like being in a parking garage when a large truck drives through. You can feel the floor move but it is more of a vibration. Everybody in my house was woke up by the earthquake! You could feel the bed move and hear the windows rattle. At first I thought it was a big wind gust but those don't move my bed.

My wife on the Northside of Indy just felt it too....

I'm on the 5th story of a building 5 miles away and I didn't notice it....

I'm on the 13th floor of a building in dt Indy and didn't feel the aftershock.

Was working on the 3rd floor of a hotel in Lexington, KY this morning and did not feel anything. I have not felt any aftershocks either.

I am Northeast of Indy and we definitely felt it. DD's bird woke us up, just screaming like she was on fire and then a few moments later, we felt the shaking. After I realized what it was, I calmed down a little. The dogs and the cats were pretty spooked, and so was DD, as she has never experienced anything like this. But all is well, no damage, nothing even falling off the shelves. Hubby says that if the New Madrid ever goes, it'll make this seem like a carnival ride. THAT'S something to look forward to!:scared:

Amy

I remember when I was in Jr. High there was a big thing about the New Madrid going and my grandma packed up all her china waiting for it and then nothing happened.

Geez, you ladies are all on the boards EARLY!! I'm in Rockford, Illi, and nothin' here. I have fam. in all the cities that are reporting though- St. Louis, Evansville, Indianapolis..... I'll have to find out about 'em all...

Woke me up here in Iowa too! Windows and bed were shaking. At first, I thought tornado.

The local news here said we felt the first one 7 minutes after it hit. Isn't that interesting that it took that long.

Well, we were all sitting in my boss's office on the second floor eating an early lunch when the biggest of the aftershocks (4.6) hit at 11:15 a.m. Although some in our office complex felt it and the emergency fire doors closed throughout the campus, we didn't feel a thing that time.:confused3

I'm near Chicago and we felt it here too. Though it didn't wake me up so I didn't get to feel it. I kinda wish I would have :)

Westfield, IN here....just north of Indianapolis. I felt it too, but didn't know what it was at first. I was doing my aerobics in my living room, and our cockatiel freaked out!!!:scared1: He flew out of his cage and then I heard the house creaking. I thought it was a big gust of wind, so I went to take my shower. Got out and turned on the news, and was SHOCKED to hear about the earthquake! It was pretty weird!!!! Haven't felt any of the aftershocks though!

I missed the aftershock. I was up at my son's school. We were in the cafeteria a room with big windows and blinds. The building didn't move a bit. My dad was less than half mile away at his house and felt it pretty good.

I'm in southern Indiana (Bloomington) and I thought DH was shaking the bed this morning, until I realized that my nightstand (and everything on it) was shaking too. I told him there had to have been an earthquake and he just said I was nuts and went back to bed. I felt vindicated when I turned on the news and learned I wasn't crazy! :rotfl:

I didn't feel the aftershock, however the people that work on the floor above me somehow did. Who knows how that happened? My sister said her couch was shaking quite a bit though.

Over in MI, the house was ratteling a bit when it happened, enough to make me wake up and think "When did it get so windy, its supposed to be nice today?" And then I was back out!

Odd, I had been thinking about how quiet it is living in MI yesterday. I had read about higher earthquake amounts on the west coast near Washington/ Oregon and it had me musing in the shower. http://www.newportnewstimes.com/articles/2008/04/16/news/news02.txt

I have to say it didnt warrent all morning breaking news on my local channel fom 6:25 onward, we werent that close to it and the sound of wind almost is what woke me. You would think the whole town of GR was flattened the way there were carrying on.

Strange how some people who live close to me felt it, but I didn't. I am a very light sleeper, and as a matter of fact DH was up and getting ready for work the same time everyone around here said they felt it. :confused3 Some people at work knew about it and felt it and some not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter