Earthquake just woke me up!

I'm in south central Wisconsin, and we felt it here. I slept through it, so I didn't feel a thing. A lot of people have said that they woke up when it happened and their beds were shaking/moving. A lot of pets were freaked out, too.

We immediately went to the website to see where it was and was shocked to see it was so far away from us. We usually feel them when it is along the New Madrid fault in SE Missouri or NE Arkansas. I don't think I have ever felt one that lasted as long as this one did.

Chicago suburbs here and nobody in my house felt it.........

My sister said she felt it and she's less than 10 miles away from me.

I'm a light sleeper too. When the "false" tornado sirens were going off in my town a month ago, I was up all night! Everyone else in my house slept through those.

Bummed, that I didn't get to experience it...........

The local news here said we felt the first one 7 minutes after it hit. Isn't that interesting that it took that long.

Weird! My clock said 4:38 when we felt it (we are on CST). I think it happened at 4:37.

we were in bed talking and the dog got up and ran away. He never does that so DH went to find him to see if he had to go out. He couldn't find him in the house! I thought that was strange so I went ahead and got up and turned on the TV and they had breaking news about the earthquake! I was in the car most of the day and didn't feel the aftershocks at all.

I remember when I was in Jr. High there was a big thing about the New Madrid going and my grandma packed up all her china waiting for it and then nothing happened.

Same here...I remember talking about it in my journalism class, talking about all of the "preparedness" articles that were being published, including some that speculated what the effect on St. Louis could be. They showed an artist's rendering of the Arch with about the top 1/3 just gone. It was pretty terrifying.

I felt it, I had just gotten up, checking my bank account online and felt it. My oldest called me, apparently her dog was acting weird for the half hour before and jumped in her lap when it happened. What's so funny is that her dog is bigger than she is.

I was awake about 20 min before it hit, but had fallen back to sleep and didn't end up feeling it. Dh was in the shower at that time and said he didn't feel anything either. I don't remember the cats freaking out at that time, but they are always squirrely in the morning.

A lot of my co-workers who live about 20 miles south of me felt it. I didn't feel any aftershocks also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter