Eat at Home 3!

I've been absent posting on here for a while, but have been sticking to only eating out our one night a week. A little over a month till our Disney trip so I want to save as much as possible to go towards great food on the trip!
DS2 is winding down to graduation and got his first job two weeks ago! It's working with the catering group at the local country club, so he's doing everything from setting up and cleaning up for events, to prepping, cooking, plating and serving. His culinary teacher recommended him for the job and he did well on the interview so they hired him. They've been letting him do more since they see what he's capable of. Plus he gets to eat there sometimes so we just have more leftovers to use for lunches.

I totally had a menu for this week but then I got the flu this weekend. Just got to the dr. yesterday to confirm but not much they can do- just otc meds plus rest and plenty of fluids. DH picked up some easy stuff so him to make for the rest of the week so I don't have to cook, plus some soup and crackers, applesauce, and yogurt for me.

Sun: them- leftovers from dinner out Sat, me- broth and crackers
Mon: them- mac and cheese and leftover ham, me- tomato soup and crackers
Tue: them- corndogs and fries, me- broccoli soup and crackers
Wed: chicken enchilada pizza
Thu: boneless bbq chicken bites and watermelon
Fri: fajitas

At least I already have all the stuff for the following week and will only have to pick up a few things!

I am cleaning out the fridge and pantry. I am doing two big batch cooking sessions.

Spaghetti, BBQ pork chops, roasted kale, roasted broccoli, broccoli cheese casserole, garlic green beans, Cole slaw, black bean soup, black bean dip, Mexican corn salad, jello salad, deviled eggs, tuna salad, soup beans, cornbread, hummus, chocolate cake, oatmeal cookies, bacon pizza, fancy brussel sprouts, cabbage and onions, and cheesy brats.

Husband bought a massive 10 lbs of ground turkey on Monday. It finally thawed (in the fridge) last night, so we will be cooking up the whole thing tonight: half into taco meat, 1/4 for regular meat to add to spaghetti sauces, and the rest for a lovely meatloaf tonight. DH's eyes lit up when I told him about the meatloaf. :love:

Menu Plan - Week of May 5th
Saturday- grilled steaks, asparagus and mushroom risotto
Sunday - burgers, corn on the cob, pasta salad
Monday - eggs, sausage, grits, strawberries
Tuesday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- cube steak, rice, beets, broccoli
Friday - takeout- Chinese or Pizza

I'm a little late, but I do have a plan:)...the ground beef ripped open is the 1st to go:)...

Sun (late Church and no time - saw Avengers and it was great!) - Betty Crocker Bacon and Ranch Pasta Salad with Fresh Mozzarella/Grape Tomatoes/Bell Peppers, Strawberries
Mon - Ground Beef Taco Flats with Cheese/Lettuce/Grapes Tomatoes/Lime Crema, Raspberries and Blueberries
Tues - Ground Beef Sloppy Joes, Baked Fries, Strawberries and Bananas
Wed - Veg and Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers, Homemade Irish Soda Bread, Diced Dragonfruit (kids were dying to try this) and Pineapple
Thurs -
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies - if no leftovers, I'll make ravioli (since I missed that this week)
Sat - OUT (Using 2 Groupons as a celebration for ending testing week - taking kids for Dave and Buster's fun before hitting a local Greek/Italian place we've never been to)

My friend who moved this weekend to FL :-) brought me the remains of her freezer Thursday (this was unexpected), so I made what didn't fit to end the week. Thursday, we had her Panko Coated Baked Shrimp that I made a Thai Red Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Onion to go with, and Friday, I made her 2 frozen pizzas. Tonight, since we went out for lunch, I used her ground beef for a Meatloaf, and added a Tuscan White Bean stew, strawberries, and Red Lobster Cheddar biscuits. I'm going to keep using up her stuff, since I don't know how old it is (so this week will bring plans from last week with things she has)...

Sun - 4 Cheese Quiche in a deep dish crust (she brought me eggs, an open heavy cream, shredded cheese, and frozen crust, so this seems like a no-brainer on a makeahead night), Green Leaf and Tomato Salad, Red Grapes
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie in the 2nd deep dish crust (so, it will be a crustless top - I might do a breadcrumb or something - not sure - I'm using some of her frozen peas and lima beans in this one), Strawberries
Tues -Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings (since I skipped this), Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing, Diced Mango
Wed - Steak Fajitas (still have steak to get rid of), Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Fresh Pineapple
Thursday - Steak with Blue Cheese Crust, Carmelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Fruit Salad
Fri - OUT (My daughter is getting a restaurant meal with her honor society, so I'll be taking the other kids elsewhere - not sure where yet)
Sat - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, I'll make Fried Dumplings and Tom Kha Gai soup)
Sun (Mother's Day) - OUT (Medieval Times Groupon we got awhile ago - my spouse is making me Crepes for breakfast, so it will be a nice full day:)...it's literally been a decade since we've gone, so I'm excited!)

Our plans from last week were pretty much followed except one night when DS worked and DH and I just had leftovers. Here's this week along with my work schedule. Tonight is weird since I'm going in at 3pm to do payroll and then staying with a few of my supervisors to work on a clean up/moving project so we can work on it while the store is closed.

Sun(3pm-1am): leftovers for me from last night's dinner out, chicken enchilada pizza for the guys
Mon(off): fiesta bbq beef nachos
Tue(off): steak and fruit arugula and spinach salad
Wed(8-5): orange chicken in crock pot with green beans and jasmine rice
Thu(1-10): quick chili
Fri(8-5): chicken and spinach pitas with fruit
Sat(7-4): out after church for Mother's Day

So here is my meal plan for the next couple of weeks. I am using my Instant Pot for the first time tonight so wish me luck. I also made banana pudding yesterday after craving it for weeks.

Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Easy pressure cooker chicken curry and steamed broccoli
Monday: (WFH) L/O
Tuesday: Off (out with my friend all day)
Wednesday: (WFH) Spaghetti with meat sauce and steamed vegetables
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Eggs, sausage, and biscuits
Saturday: Brats and Italian sausages, baked beans, corn on the cob

Sunday: L/O
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) Italian sausage hash with eggs
Wednesday: (WFH) Pan seared halibut, hushpuppies, and steamed vegetables
Thursday: Chicken tacos and refried beans
Friday: L/O

STBXH and I have finalized our divorce. Cleaning out the fridge before I move out, and eating stuff I can't take.
-
Tonight is chicken seasoned w/taco seasoning, topped with salsa and baked, then topped w/cheese (melted on residual heat) and avocado. Alexa sweet potato puffs on the side.

That is all I have planned. I will take it day by day right now

Fell off the wagon for a long while, planning to get back at it this week. Our deep freeze is as stuffed as it can get since we got our 1/4 beef a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to do a pantry eat down for the most part until we leave for our Vegas getaway in a couple of weeks.

Tonight (5/6): Taco meat
Monday (5/7): Bacon and eggs (breakfast), leftover taco meat (lunch), steaks and veggies (dinner)

Plan is to clean out fridge and indoor freezer tomorrow and then create a plan for the rest of the week.

Have a great week!!

Fell off the wagon for a long while, planning to get back at it this week. Our deep freeze is as stuffed as it can get since we got our 1/4 beef a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to do a pantry eat down for the most part until we leave for our Vegas getaway in a couple of weeks.

Tonight (5/6): Taco meat
Monday (5/7): Bacon and eggs (breakfast), leftover taco meat (lunch), steaks and veggies (dinner)

Plan is to clean out fridge and indoor freezer tomorrow and then create a plan for the rest of the week.

Have a great week!!

Im the same way. I hate cooking but then I look at what we spend eating out and I get so depressed. Im sitting down tonight to meal plan and prep for the next week. I have a pantry full of food as well as in the freezer. Good luck to you and have a great week as well.

My friend who moved this weekend to FL :-) brought me the remains of her freezer Thursday (this was unexpected), so I made what didn't fit to end the week. Thursday, we had her Panko Coated Baked Shrimp that I made a Thai Red Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Onion to go with, and Friday, I made her 2 frozen pizzas. Tonight, since we went out for lunch, I used her ground beef for a Meatloaf, and added a Tuscan White Bean stew, strawberries, and Red Lobster Cheddar biscuits. I'm going to keep using up her stuff, since I don't know how old it is (so this week will bring plans from last week with things she has)...

Sun - 4 Cheese Quiche in a deep dish crust (she brought me eggs, an open heavy cream, shredded cheese, and frozen crust, so this seems like a no-brainer on a makeahead night), Green Leaf and Tomato Salad, Red Grapes
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie in the 2nd deep dish crust (so, it will be a crustless top - I might do a breadcrumb or something - not sure - I'm using some of her frozen peas and lima beans in this one), Strawberries
Tues -Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings (since I skipped this), Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing, Diced Mango
Wed - Steak Fajitas (still have steak to get rid of), Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Fresh Pineapple
Thursday - Steak with Blue Cheese Crust, Carmelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Fruit Salad
Fri - OUT (My daughter is getting a restaurant meal with her honor society, so I'll be taking the other kids elsewhere - not sure where yet)
Sat - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, I'll make Fried Dumplings and Tom Kha Gai soup)
Sun (Mother's Day) - OUT (Medieval Times Groupon we got awhile ago - my spouse is making me Crepes for breakfast, so it will be a nice full day:)...it's literally been a decade since we've gone, so I'm excited!)

Do you use just a frozen crust to make the quiche?

How to do you make your homemade baked buffalo chicken wings?

Im the same way. I hate cooking but then I look at what we spend eating out and I get so depressed. Im sitting down tonight to meal plan and prep for the next week. I have a pantry full of food as well as in the freezer. Good luck to you and have a great week as well.

I don't mind the cooking. It's the cleaning and dishes I hate :rotfl: :P

Good luck with your meal plan!

Do you use just a frozen crust to make the quiche?

How to do you make your homemade baked buffalo chicken wings?

Not usually, but this time I did, b/c it's what my friend gave me:). Usually, I use a pie crust, but this was a Pillsbury frozen deep dish crust (the one already in the pan) - and I can say it works great! After letting the crust rest empty at room temp according to its directions, I cooked the filled quiche once according to the quiche cooking time, not the crust time, and it came out really well...

For the buffalo wings, I buy pre-split chicken wings (with the tips off) and bake with s&p at 400 for 30-45 minutes until crisp, and dip in a combo of Frank's Red Hot and Melted Butter when they are done (you can also glaze them and cook 5 more minutes and then dip - just split the sauce)...some folks pre-dip or marinade and then broil the wings, but I have kids that don't all eat wing sauce, so I can "save" theirs by holding the dip til the end...I finish the dish with blue cheese dip (usually just dressing with extra blue cheese, but I've been more creative with more time) b/c blue cheese and hot sauce is a combo that I could eat EVERY day:)...

I usually do this with breasts or thighs (with no skin), but since I have the wings, I'm gonna go wings this week - the important part for wings (over the other choices) is that if you pre-dip/marinade, broil them (I hate broiling, since it sets off my fire alarm all the time although folks say this way also works great)...if you post-dip (or last minute cooking time glaze), bake...and if you bake, make sure the skin has crisped before you dip/glaze...

Not usually, but this time I did, b/c it's what my friend gave me:). Usually, I use a pie crust, but this was a Pillsbury frozen deep dish crust (the one already in the pan) - and I can say it works great! After letting the crust rest empty at room temp according to its directions, I cooked the filled quiche once according to the quiche cooking time, not the crust time, and it came out really well...

For the buffalo wings, I buy pre-split chicken wings (with the tips off) and bake with s&p at 400 for 30-45 minutes until crisp, and dip in a combo of Frank's Red Hot and Melted Butter when they are done (you can also glaze them and cook 5 more minutes and then dip - just split the sauce)...some folks pre-dip or marinade and then broil the wings, but I have kids that don't all eat wing sauce, so I can "save" theirs by holding the dip til the end...I finish the dish with blue cheese dip (usually just dressing with extra blue cheese, but I've been more creative with more time) b/c blue cheese and hot sauce is a combo that I could eat EVERY day:)...

I usually do this with breasts or thighs (with no skin), but since I have the wings, I'm gonna go wings this week - the important part for wings (over the other choices) is that if you pre-dip/marinade, broil them (I hate broiling, since it sets off my fire alarm all the time although folks say this way also works great)...if you post-dip (or last minute cooking time glaze), bake...and if you bake, make sure the skin has crisped before you dip/glaze...

Thank you so much. We love hot wings but I hate having to fry the wings in a bunch of oil, so baking them this way will be perfect. I have a feeling if I attempted to broil them, the fire alarm would go off and since we live in an apartment complex, that may not be good...LOL!

I will definitely be trying to the quiche out. Im not the best cook but this seems simple enough...:-)

This week our schedule is a bit different (I won’t be getting home till later)

Mon L/O
Tue waffles and sausage
Wed strawberry/chicken salad
Thur ravioli
Fri pizza
Sat french dip

Oh, and watch how many you put on a pan...if you need to make a lot, you'll want to use a rack, so the wings don't sit in the chicken fat (b/c that will keep them from crisping:)...

So far this week
monday- Tennessee Hot chicken and waffles baked potatoes and asparagus
tues- Hot dogs and momma going out with my bff!
wed- Spaghetti sauce with sausage
thur- French bread pizzas
Friday something quick home school closing program at night
Saturday not sure when we are eating soccer at 530 probably leftovers or cereal
Sunday mothers day having pizza and salads at Grammys

Menu Plan - Week of May 12th
Saturday- fajitas/ avocado -black bean - tomato salad/ green beans
Sunday - grilled chicken, pasta salad, broccoli
Monday - cube steaks, rice, cabbage
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday- frittata, biscuits, fruit
Thursday - BBQ roast, baked beans, beets, corn
Friday - leftovers

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter