Eat at Home 3!

I skipped Wednesday's meal and made a Crockpot Tofu and Asian Black Bean saute (with onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, garlic, some garlic hoisin sauce, and soy sauce)...no recipe for this, but I had a can of Bush's Asian Bean from our TN trip and a container of tofu from lent that needed using, and this really, really worked. I threw in leftover rice from a previous meal and served it as is with fruit on the side...so this means I still have the stuffed shells:)...and here's this week's plan...

Sun (late Church/choir) - Baked All-Cheese Stuffed Shells with Tomato Sauce, Caprese Salad, Strawberries/Blueberries (these cook over 60 minutes, so I think I can toss them in before we leave and grab them when we get home - that's the plan:)
Mon - Beef and Fresh Veg Stir Fry (got a great sale on snap peas, green beans, and bell pepper, so I'll toss in some green onion, garlic, and soy, and call it a day:), White Rice, Clementines
Tues - Chicken Enchiladas, Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Blueberries/Blackberries
Wed (out ALL day) - Crockpot Tikka Masala Chicken with Fresh Veg (Radish Greens, Baby Radish, Onion, Bell Pepper, Tomato), Leftover Rice, Mango/Banana
Thurs - Baked Lamb Meatballs, Homemade Tzatziki Sauce, Arugula Salad, Double Berry Muffins
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies (if no leftovers, we'll do Frozen Pizza)
Sat - OUT (Date night for spouse and I, fast food/pizza for kids - we are gonna hit a local Chinese place with a Groupon)

So, I used up the cucumber and sour cream, so I didn't have tzatziki ingredients for Thursday, so I skipped the lamb meatballs...and b/c I had mentioned topped fries on the board, I decided to make my own version of Chili Cheese Topped Baked Fries with Homemade Beef and Veg Chili, Cheddar Cheese, Homemade Guacamole, and Arugula...it was so good (I left beans out of the chili, which I rarely do, b/c I thought it would be better...and it so was for this purpose:)...everything else went as is:)...here's this week's plan...

Sun - Deli Fried Chicken (I have a deal for 8 pieces for $3.50, so it's a no brainer), Corn on the Cob, Raspberries
Mon - Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Stew (I'm gonna wing this), Red Lobster Biscuits baked separately for the top, Strawberries/Bananas
Tues - Beef and Veg Stir Fry, White Rice, Red Grapes
Wed - Choir Pizza Party - we are bringing Fresh Strawberries
Thurs - Meatloaf (Style TBD), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots
Fri - Leftovers or Baked Mozzarella Sticks with Sauce, Green Salad, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

Saturday - Honey walnut shrimp, rice, veggies
Sunday - Tempura veggies, chicken nuggets for DS
Monday - Lemon Pepper Fish, couscous, veggie
Tuesday - Shredded chicken burritos
Wednesday - Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Thursday - Grilled sausages, roasted veggies
Friday - Chili Cheeseburgers, fries

Chicken casserole, broccoli
Chicken stir fry and rice
Chicken tacos, salad
Beef tacos, salad
Pork loin, broccoli, carrots
Spaghetti, salad
Sausage, waffles, eggs

I have lots and lots of baked chicken to use up so we might do chicken tacos twice.

This week will be

Lemon chicken with rice and vegetables
Steak fajitas
Spaghetti and meatballs
Ribs with potato skins and salad
Orange chicken stir fry with sesame noodles
Leftovers

Not sure yet what order. I am finding it easier to plan the week and then decided on the day what I want

Not really sure what my food plan for this week is but tonight is hot dogs and French fries
tomorrow will be left over spaghetti sauce
Wednesday will be a easy dinner for the kids and out to dinner for us
Thursday possible a big breakfast for dinner

Ok .. ds14’s basketball weekend is over (Silver Medal!!) and we will be eating at home until vacation in June with a few exceptions ( have a few gift cards to use, dh’s parents taking us out for dinner next week). I want to divert any funds we might use to the vacation budget.

So..without further adieu,
Monday- Dh worked late. I made potstickers for ds and put some veggies and dip on the side. I had a a egg/cheese/tomato bagel. Dh made chicken burgers when he got in.

Tuesday, Baked spicy chicken thighs, roasted new potatoes, veggies with dip (we have most of a Costco veggie tray leftover from potluck on the weekend so we need to use it up)

Wednesday- pork and veggie stir fry over couscous

Thursday- Crock pot mac and cheese, lemon garlic pan fried basa loins

Friday and Saturday- we are babysitting my nephew at his home while my Brother and Sister in law get a few nights away. We will eat there, she usually leaves a few casseroles pre made for us.

Sunday- it will need to be quick because we are driving 2 hours back from where we are babysitting, eating and then heading out to see the new Avengers movie. I may ask dd21 to put her spicy lentil soup in the crockpot

Our week - still using up veggies from when I went to the asian market last week:
S- tofu stir fry
M- Asian noodle soup with pork meatballs and cabbage (this is usually awesome, but last night's was AWFUL! I used a different kind of rice noodle and over cooked them - it was gloppy, weird and I couldn't get the flavor right. So disappointing! We did eat it for dinner, but trashed the leftovers. Unusual for me to have a total meal fail, but it does happen!)
Tu- Pork, white beans, Chinese broccoli and pasta (so, Italian, but with Chinese broccoli instead of broccoli rabe)
W- Burritos
Th- Sandwiches or eggs - something super easy
F- Appetizer night - homemade jalepeno poppers, chips and salsa (and guac if my super cheap avocados are ripe by then). veggies and dip, some kind of protein-y app

Need to work on next week's menu - I'm out of town for work, so want to set DH up with good easy options.

Sunday: Pulled pork sandwiches with mac and cheese and slaw
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) "Meaty" mushroom sauce over rice/pasta and a vegetable
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O

Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Spaghetti with meat sauce and a vegetable

Making a change to the plan. I still have leftover pork that I don't want to waste (it's really good) plus I feel like junk today (mentally, emotionally, and physically) so I am going to make smothered tater tots with the pork, some shredded cheese, and slaw. I will then move the mushroom sauce over pasta and a vegetable to where I was supposed to make spaghetti with meat sauce. I also decided to change up the mushroom sauce and make a mushroom stroganoff because that just sounds awesome. The rest of the plan will stay the same.

Honestly, if I had the money I would order a pizza, but I don't. May treat myself this weekend to Zaxby's if I leave the house.

So, I used up the cucumber and sour cream, so I didn't have tzatziki ingredients for Thursday, so I skipped the lamb meatballs...and b/c I had mentioned topped fries on the board, I decided to make my own version of Chili Cheese Topped Baked Fries with Homemade Beef and Veg Chili, Cheddar Cheese, Homemade Guacamole, and Arugula...it was so good (I left beans out of the chili, which I rarely do, b/c I thought it would be better...and it so was for this purpose:)...everything else went as is:)...here's this week's plan...

Sun - Deli Fried Chicken (I have a deal for 8 pieces for $3.50, so it's a no brainer), Corn on the Cob, Raspberries
Mon - Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Stew (I'm gonna wing this), Red Lobster Biscuits baked separately for the top, Strawberries/Bananas
Tues - Beef and Veg Stir Fry, White Rice, Red Grapes
Wed - Choir Pizza Party - we are bringing Fresh Strawberries
Thurs - Meatloaf (Style TBD), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots
Fri - Leftovers or Baked Mozzarella Sticks with Sauce, Green Salad, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

So, I completely changed the order of this week (but still made almost everything) and dropped the crockpot chicken stew b/c I got an amazing deal of 93% hormone free ground turkey ($1/lb - down from $7/lb - got 4 1lb packs). Since I've won a bunch of free gravy packets in the Safeway Monopoly game, I made a scratch-off-the-cuff Turkey Shepard's Pie with that turkey that my spouse said was incredible. I used onion/carrot/celery/white radish/leftover corn off the cob as my veg base (sauteed the 1st 4 and added the last already cooked veg with the gravy). They, I browned and added the turkey. I used some dried rosemary, sage, thyme, and s&p and the gravy packet with milk, a little water, and a pat of butter. I topped it with cheddar mashed potatoes (leftover from the day before when I made meatloaf Monday instead of Thursday) and cooked it like a normal shepard's pie...and it was GONE in one night:). My spouse now wants is again, and I do have the turkey, but this week is too warm for oven meals (except Monday), so he's gonna wait til I want to make it:).

I'll be posting this week's menu soon - I accidentally ripped THREE packages of meat yesterday (1 steak, 1 beef, and 1 bacon), so they will be in this week's menu somewhere (well, bacon might be breakfast or lunch)...no idea why I was such a klutz when I was searching my chest freezer, but I guess someone wanted me to make a lot of cow this week!

Menu Plan - Week of 4/28
Saturday- grilled cheese/ tomato soup
Sunday - hamburgers, pasta salad, corn on the cob
Monday - pork roast, cabbage, roasted red potatoes
Tuesday- bbq chicken sandwiches, cucumber/tomato salad
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - enchiladas or tacos, refried beans, corn
Friday - dinner out

So yesterday I gave myself a bit of money and allowed myself to have a foodie day. I went to a local German meat market and got some brats, kielbasa with cheese, and German burger patties (a mix of beef and pork). Then I went to a fish market and got a fillet of red snapper and halibut plus some hushpuppies. Then to one bakery for some donuts and a danish for the week and another bakery for a couple cupcakes to enjoy this weekend. Finally went to Target and bought myself an Instant Pot. It will be next weekend before I get it all set up and ready to use, but I do hope to incorporate it into my plans for that following meal plan.

Here is this weeks plan:
Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Mushroom stroganoff with roasted squash and egg noodles
Tuesday: (WFH) Braised pork ribs with rice and vegetables (slow cooker)
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: KimChi fried rice

This week we ate most of the things that were on the menu but we mixed it all up. Will try to plan a bit better this week. This week is an absolute bear work wise for both Dh and I.. so we will stick to the menu but we will be eating late. I’ll try to prep early so it’s easier to make in the evening.

Tonight.. will get home early atfternoon, so we will have grilled turkey sausage, baked potatoes, carrots and cucumbers with dip
Monday- BBQ chicken, couscous with roast veggies
Tuesday-Lean Sirloin Burgers, garden salad, corn on the cob
Wednesday-turkey breakfast sausage, omlettes, protein pancakes
Thursday- baked fish, roasted rosemary potatoes, roast cauliflower
Fri, Sat, Sun - To be determined

Last edited:
Sunday - Fish tacos, beans, rice
Monday - Cheesy chicken, broccoli & rice
Tuesday - IP Chicken Alfredo
Wednesday - Ground turkey taco salad
Thursday - Pot Roast, mashed potatoes
Friday - Homemade pizza & salad

Monday - Pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese and cole slaw
Tuesday - Hamburgers and leftover cole slaw
Wednesday - Baked salmon, baby red potatoes, veggie
Thursday - Steak tacos
Friday - date night with DH :)

So, I completely changed the order of this week (but still made almost everything) and dropped the crockpot chicken stew b/c I got an amazing deal of 93% hormone free ground turkey ($1/lb - down from $7/lb - got 4 1lb packs). Since I've won a bunch of free gravy packets in the Safeway Monopoly game, I made a scratch-off-the-cuff Turkey Shepard's Pie with that turkey that my spouse said was incredible. I used onion/carrot/celery/white radish/leftover corn off the cob as my veg base (sauteed the 1st 4 and added the last already cooked veg with the gravy). They, I browned and added the turkey. I used some dried rosemary, sage, thyme, and s&p and the gravy packet with milk, a little water, and a pat of butter. I topped it with cheddar mashed potatoes (leftover from the day before when I made meatloaf Monday instead of Thursday) and cooked it like a normal shepard's pie...and it was GONE in one night:). My spouse now wants is again, and I do have the turkey, but this week is too warm for oven meals (except Monday), so he's gonna wait til I want to make it:).

I'll be posting this week's menu soon - I accidentally ripped THREE packages of meat yesterday (1 steak, 1 beef, and 1 bacon), so they will be in this week's menu somewhere (well, bacon might be breakfast or lunch)...no idea why I was such a klutz when I was searching my chest freezer, but I guess someone wanted me to make a lot of cow this week!

I'm a little late, but I do have a plan:)...the ground beef ripped open is the 1st to go:)...

Sun (late Church and no time - saw Avengers and it was great!) - Betty Crocker Bacon and Ranch Pasta Salad with Fresh Mozzarella/Grape Tomatoes/Bell Peppers, Strawberries
Mon - Ground Beef Taco Flats with Cheese/Lettuce/Grapes Tomatoes/Lime Crema, Raspberries and Blueberries
Tues - Ground Beef Sloppy Joes, Baked Fries, Strawberries and Bananas
Wed - Veg and Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers, Homemade Irish Soda Bread, Diced Dragonfruit (kids were dying to try this) and Pineapple
Thurs - Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower, Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies - if no leftovers, I'll make ravioli (since I missed that this week)
Sat - OUT (Using 2 Groupons as a celebration for ending testing week - taking kids for Dave and Buster's fun before hitting a local Greek/Italian place we've never been to)

I'm a little late, but I do have a plan:)...the ground beef ripped open is the 1st to go:)...

Sun (late Church and no time - saw Avengers and it was great!) - Betty Crocker Bacon and Ranch Pasta Salad with Fresh Mozzarella/Grape Tomatoes/Bell Peppers, Strawberries
Mon - Ground Beef Taco Flats with Cheese/Lettuce/Grapes Tomatoes/Lime Crema, Raspberries and Blueberries
Tues - Ground Beef Sloppy Joes, Baked Fries, Strawberries and Bananas
Wed - Veg and Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers, Homemade Irish Soda Bread, Diced Dragonfruit (kids were dying to try this) and Pineapple
Thurs - Homemade Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower, Celery and Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing
Fri - Leftovers and Smoothies - if no leftovers, I'll make ravioli (since I missed that this week)
Sat - OUT (Using 2 Groupons as a celebration for ending testing week - taking kids for Dave and Buster's fun before hitting a local Greek/Italian place we've never been to)
I am dying to try the dragonfruit also! It's interesting every time I'm in the fruit section and we love exotic fruits! The D & B groupons are an awesome deal! We've used them in 2 different locations and have one we need to use by July.

I’ve read this thread for awhile and have gotten some new ideas. I thought I’d give it a try.

M/bbq ribs
T/crock pot sweet and sour chicken (new recipe)
W/LO
T/applebees copycat chicken salad
F/pizza
S/cinco de maya. Tacos, enchiladas and chimichangas.
S/LO

I have been a lurker of this board for awhile. I love getting ideas for my weekly menu. I am a stay at home mom, and we’re serving abroad so I often have to get creative with recipes since I don’t always have American staples. Anyway, we leave for Ft Wilderness next week, and I am going to try and spend $0 on groceries this week by using what I already have at home. More $ saved for Disney. :yay:

M/ Beef Stroganoff over Rice (can’t get egg noodles here) with Peas
T/ Mini Meatloaves, Stuffing, Glazed Carrots
W/Cheese Ravioli with Vodka Sauce and Green Beans
Th/Breakfast for Dinner: Eggs, Pancakes, Sausage
F/Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup
S/Grilled Turkey Paninis, Carrot Sticks & Dip
Su/Vegetarian Chili

Well...as a family we kind of came off the rails at the start of the month with the Humboldt hockey crash...both the dh and I were both born and raised in Humboldt, we lost a family member in the crash, I babysat for the family of one other one that passed away, and one of the injured players, his dad and I were classmates all through school. It has been a very stressful and trying time for anyone with ties there. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that our little town, yet alone our family be impacted by such a tragedy on a national level. But things are slowly returning back to some sort of normalcy. I'm just glad to get back to our routines...this being a huge one.

Monday ( today ) grilled porkchops, couscous, peach/beet spinach salad and veggies and dip for the kiddos ( instead of salad :) )
Tuesday ( working second job ) grilled burgers with pasta
Wednesday - thai turkey and brown rice lettuce wraps
Thursday - spaghetti and meatballs caesar salad
Friday - fire roasted hotdogs macaroni salad and smores for dessert( heading to the family cabin/ cottage for the weekend )
Saturday - steak, potatoes / sweet potato, grilled veggies ( what ever is left from the fridge )

Well...as a family we kind of came off the rails at the start of the month with the Humboldt hockey crash...both the dh and I were both born and raised in Humboldt, we lost a family member in the crash, I babysat for the family of one other one that passed away, and one of the injured players, his dad and I were classmates all through school. It has been a very stressful and trying time for anyone with ties there. Never in a million years would I have ever thought that our little town, yet alone our family be impacted by such a tragedy on a national level. But things are slowly returning back to some sort of normalcy. I'm just glad to get back to our routines...this being a huge one.

Monday ( today ) grilled porkchops, couscous, peach/beet spinach salad and veggies and dip for the kiddos ( instead of salad :) )
Tuesday ( working second job ) grilled burgers with pasta
Wednesday - thai turkey and brown rice lettuce wraps
Thursday - spaghetti and meatballs caesar salad
Friday - fire roasted hotdogs macaroni salad and smores for dessert( heading to the family cabin/ cottage for the weekend )
Saturday - steak, potatoes / sweet potato, grilled veggies ( what ever is left from the fridge )

So sorry to hear your family was affected- prayers and healing to you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter