• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eliza61 ?

It is great. We live in NJ outside of Philly and enjoy the fact DC is only 3 hours away & the shore an hour (off season not on a Saturday in the summer;) )A lot of great places to visit within a day's drive if you have the time. Plus the plane ride to WDW is only a couple of hours.

Me too! Plus NY is only a couple of hours away.

I've wondered about Eliza too. I enjoyed her posts and we took a few conversations to PM after or to avoid the points we knew were coming if we continued participating on a thread, but I wasn't around much for a while and when I came back, she was gone. I hope she's off traveling the world and just doesn't have time for us little people, or that she said something highly gratifying and got a time-out that made her decide not to come back. :stir:

This thread has me thinking - my husband has a list of e-mails to send should anything happen to me unexpectedly, mostly groups I've been a part of for decades that don't have other members close enough for me to get together with IRL often. The DIS isn't on that list, though, so if I disappear it will remain a mystery.

No problem we've a couple of good sleuths here! :magnify:

You could swing by and pick me up. We better bring shovels though 'cause there's bound to be SNOW-----[ involved!!
No problem. The route goes right by your place. I love road trips and I've never driven west through the States before. I'm usually either driving out East or driving South.

:rotfl2:

The best.

I love cities and coastal areas.

And am very happy to vacation in Southeastern Virginia as well. I guess you aren't. :laughing:;)

There are many places I would love to jump on a plane and see. Most outside of our two countries. But I was talking small jaunts. A weekend road trip. Day trips even. Choices in a mere few hours.

I have taken this thread way off topic. :drinking1
That's the problem. It's not that there's nothing of interest in this region, it's just that there's not much for MY interests. This would be a great area for someone who loves American History, fall colors or cozy B&Bs, for example, but that doesn't appeal to me. (To be fair, I did a lot of U.S. road tripping as a kid so it's partly an issue of finding a destination appealing enough to want to see again.) Which is why every time I think about taking a weekend trip, I come up blank and scratch the idea. Ah well, first world problems. :charac2:

That's the problem. It's not that there's nothing of interest in this region, it's just that there's not much for MY interests. This would be a great area for someone who loves American History, fall colors or cozy B&Bs, for example, but that doesn't appeal to me. (To be fair, I did a lot of U.S. road tripping as a kid so it's partly an issue of finding a destination appealing enough to want to see again.) Which is why every time I think about taking a weekend trip, I come up blank and scratch the idea. Ah well, first world problems.

I completely understand. Heck I live close to many areas where many would like to visit. And I too feel done with many and/or they are outrageously overpriced. When our dollar was at par it was often almost as reasonable to do WDW from Buffalo, than some of the resorts to the north by car. Which is ridiculous.

It's my love of cities that makes the corridor so incredibly alluring to me after all these years. NYC especially makes me beyond happy. There is no greater joy for me than walking around Manhattan, often discovering new areas by chance. I have had many perfect days there.

That's the problem. It's not that there's nothing of interest in this region, it's just that there's not much for MY interests. This would be a great area for someone who loves American History, fall colors or cozy B&Bs, for example, but that doesn't appeal to me. (To be fair, I did a lot of U.S. road tripping as a kid so it's partly an issue of finding a destination appealing enough to want to see again.) Which is why every time I think about taking a weekend trip, I come up blank and scratch the idea. Ah well, first world problems. :charac2:

I live in Nashville and hate country music, so I hear ya'.

To all the missing dissers, I hope they are only gone because their lives got SO awesome they have no time for it:)

I keep checking this thread to see if Eliza61 responds. I always figured we were the same age, if she was born in 1961. If she was, she is 56.

Anyone know what happened to her? She just stopped posting in March 2016, after 20k+ posts. I hope she's okay. Not sure what made me think of her, but... anyone know?

I believe she's active over on City-Data now.

If that's the case, maybe you could tell her that people miss her & update the thread on her response. I'm still hoping someone will find Willy & TDC Nala to let us know they're okay.

Still looking to see what happened to Eliza61 . She loved going to Paris and was looking forward to retiring and traveling full-time.

I just saw amberpi from 2017 and for a brief moment I thought ….
Her passing was such a shock as I used to enjoy reading about her life. I think she was writing a book. So young - RIP

I just saw amberpi from 2017 and for a brief moment I thought ….
Her passing was such a shock as I used to enjoy reading about her life. I think she was writing a book. So young - RIP
Yeah, I did the same and gumbo posted earlier in this one too. We had girls the same age which made me remember him. He’s been gone a while unless I’ve just missed him.

The other one I think of is luvsjack or something like that. She posted a lot and then nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter