• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT NYE Fireworks only at 6:30pm??

amelieluna

Earning My Ears
I previously posted that I had booked a Spice Road Table Fireworks Dining Package at Epcot on NYE for 8pm. I got a call today from Guest Services letting me know that there will not be an 8pm fireworks show, so they need to modify my reservation. I was informed there would be a 6:30pm fireworks show only on NYE, but not a midnight fireworks show. I find that odd. Is this normal? I assumed they would always do fireworks at midnight on NYE. They offered to give us VIP firework viewing at Italy Pavilion for the 6:30pm fireworks. Does anyone have knowledge of what the view will be like from this area. I'm trying to rearrange my NYE plans now.

That is strange. I guess it’s due to the new show. They will probably still due the country countdowns, so there will be lights and possibly small fireworks at the America pavilion at midnight. That doesn’t really help you though.

I previously posted that I had booked a Spice Road Table Fireworks Dining Package at Epcot on NYE for 8pm. I got a call today from Guest Services letting me know that there will not be an 8pm fireworks show, so they need to modify my reservation. I was informed there would be a 6:30 fireworks show only on NYE, but not a midnight fireworks show. I find that odd. Is this normal? I assumed they would always do fireworks at midnight on NYE. They offered to give us VIP firework viewing at Italy Pavilion for the 6:30pm fireworks. Does anyone have knowledge of what the view will be like from this area. I'm trying to rearrange my NYE plans now.
We have not done NYE post-COVID but when we went there was regular fireworks at 6:30 and then NYE fireworks at about 11:45. There was no show in between, which I am guessing they used that time to switch over. It may have changed during Harmonious which likely was easier to produce with the show very contained to the floats.

My GUESS is they forgot to adjust the Fireworks Dining Package for that night and you are booked as if it is any other night. Those packages start at 8 pm.

Once they realized it they had to contact all that your package would be backed up to the 6:30 fireworks show. Luminous the Symphony will be at 6:30 pm.

Of course there is going to be a NYE fireworks, or they risk tens of thousands rioting!

What I think she meant to say there would be no fireworks DINING PACKAGE on NYE during NYE fireworks because the restaurant is going to be closed long before then.

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I still see 6:30p as the only listed firework time on NYE and the park is at capacity, this is rather concerning..

I don’t get why there isn’t a listing. It’s only a few days away… I can only imagine how those Epcotians would respond to no countdown!
The countdown actually occurs through out the night at each country, depending upon when midnight hits for each. So, maybe that’s why there’s nothing in the schedule.

The countdown actually occurs through out the night at each country, depending upon when midnight hits for each. So, maybe that’s why there’s nothing in the schedule.
I've heard that, but I was under the impression there was a big display at midnight. If I had known, I would have went to MK on 31st and watched Luminous on 12/30. If they stopped that, they should update the website that has a photo of fireworks at EPCOT!

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 12.30.53 PM.png

I can’t believe that Disney would let down so many guests by failing to have midnight countdown fireworks. But I also can’t understand why they haven’t announced them, if they’re going to happen.

Yes but there aren't fireworks then
The countdown they do with fireworks is at midnight in the order of which the specific country hit midnight
then there's another countdown that matches local midnight time in FL.
There's nothing on the schedule because it has no name to list.

I previously posted that I had booked a Spice Road Table Fireworks Dining Package at Epcot on NYE for 8pm. I got a call today from Guest Services letting me know that there will not be an 8pm fireworks show, so they need to modify my reservation. I was informed there would be a 6:30pm fireworks show only on NYE, but not a midnight fireworks show. I find that odd. Is this normal? I assumed they would always do fireworks at midnight on NYE. They offered to give us VIP firework viewing at Italy Pavilion for the 6:30pm fireworks. Does anyone have knowledge of what the view will be like from this area. I'm trying to rearrange my NYE plans now.
You should have never had an 8:00 desert party scheduled. It had to be in error. That's for nights when Luminous happens at park close (9/9:30)
The desert party is for Luminous at 6:30 on NYE.
Why would they move Luminous to 6:30 if there's no more fireworks that night? The sole reason to move it is to set up for a 2nd show in the lagoon. If there's no 2nd show, they'd leave Luminous at it's normal time

I think it must be right that Luminus was moved to 6:30 in anticipation of a countdown to midnight show being added. But my understanding is that, in past years, Disney did announce the countdown show in advance and listed it on MDE. The fact that they haven’t done so this year seems to be puzzling and borderline concerning for some Disney experts who have made a Point of cautioning that Disney has not announced anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter