Epcot Passport

Traci, I pm'd you.

Pat, thanks, no hurry we don't go to November.

If I could move the little pictures a bit I would.
If Traci has it figured out for everyone then maybe she'll be getting all the requests!!!! Didn't know what you were getting yourself into did you Traci.
Thanks
Angela

Ok, I tried printing these out tonight and still no success.

Traci, I didn't think it would make much difference but you, being from the UK did yours on A4/A5 paper the European standard. This is slightly narrower and longer than the US letter standard. So even when I put the printer on A4 paper it is off center because I have 8.5 x 11 US letter paper.

I will figure this out. It has become my mission. Maybe obscession is a better word.
The passport will not defeat me.
Angela

Do you all have Microsoft Publisher? If so you can click on "Arrange" then "Align" then "Align Center" and "Align Top" and it works great!

Also, I used textured cardstock for the front and back covers. I bought a pack of the "Mat Stacks" they sell at Joann's, Michaels and A.C. Moore - the 4.5 x 6.5 size. I have to set my printer to print with heavy ink (I just looked through all my printer options to find it). It looks very similar to a real passport. When I'm completely finished (sometime this week) I'll post pictures.

Thanks Pat!!!! You're awesome!!!!

Brigitte

Oh my goodness gracious! This is absolutely the best thread! Pat is great!!!! :yay: Pat you have a great website too! I was just talking to my best friend & Disney nut like me about Epcot passports & if they were worth the expense & time. I have now found out how to make them worth the expense NOW if I can just make sure we make the time @ WS .......:idea:

Can I ask what you do with the passport, so far we haven't made it around the coutries yet but plan on it next year.

You get it stamped in each country. Also there's a place for someone in each country to write something. I imagine they write a greeting. We haven't done it before but plan to in September.

By the way, I printed a test print on the passport and mine lines up really well. I don't check my messages everyday but if someone needs the word document, I'd be happy to email it to you. Just send me a PM with your email address.

They write things specific to the country like in UK they might write "Home of Winnie the Pooh". In Japan, China and Morocco they can write your name too.

Dr&mom2boys....I don't know how to PM you for the word doc! Help!

If you don't mind posting your email address, I'll be happy to send it to you.

I made two passports today and they turned out great! I have two more to make tomorrow. I printed them on card stock and put clear contact paper over the cover before I trimmed it out. Then I simply put three staples down the middle. It looks very professional. I'll post pictures in a couple days.

Figured out how to PM you but not sure if it worked! I'm new to this board if you can't tell! Let me know if you don't receive it! Thanks

I finished 4 of these. (One for each kid on our trip.) Here's what the finished product looks like...

DSCF5745.jpg

It turned out so well that now I have to make another for my nephews' trip.

They turned out AMAZING!!!! Pat created quite a work of art! How did you bind them? Someday I will get to WDW and when I do, I will have to make these.

DRANDMOMTO2BOYS
Those look great! It looks like you Stapled them together?
Thanks to you for the picture and thanks to Pat for her great design.
Salley

I finished 4 of these. (One for each kid on our trip.) Here's what the finished product looks like...

DSCF5745.jpg

It turned out so well that now I have to make another for my nephews' trip.

Woohooo, You did it!!
I am so glad you got the pages together and created the passport...
and shared the photo :hug: :cheer2: :grouphug:
I love the way it looks, I had printed it out and all but seeing it all together and finished, it looks way better than I had imagined!
I only hope the epcot people will be kind enough to sign and stamp this passport, since it is not the original disney bought one :blush:
ha, maybe the Disney people will ask me to come design for them, either that or they might sue me so, uhm, please dont mention my name:blush :goodvibes :lmao: :rotfl: (just kidding;) )

Thank you sooo much for sharing, Greetings Pat
(p.s: if you need another personalized front for your nephews trip, let me know)

They turned out AMAZING!!!! Pat created quite a work of art! How did you bind them? Someday I will get to WDW and when I do, I will have to make these.

I printed the pages on 65# card stock and trimmed the inside pages a little smaller than the outline. I put clear contact paper on the cover side of the outside page and trimmed it to exactly the outline. This way the inside pages don't stick out beyond the cover. I simply put three staples along the center to bind it. It looks fabulous!

I only hope the epcot people will be kind enough to sign and stamp this passport, since it is not the original disney bought one :blush:
ha, maybe the Disney people will ask me to come design for them, either that or they might sue me so, uhm, please dont mention my name:blush :goodvibes :lmao: :rotfl: (just kidding;) )

I'm sure they will sign and stamp it! And it had actually crossed my mind that they SHOULD ask you to come and design for them! I think your design is cooler than the "real" thing. My kids will wear their Epcot t-shirts with your design too. (I posted pictures in another thread.) They also turned out great! Thanks so much!

Those look so awesome!!! I haven't printed mine out yet...I better get moving 21 days! Its actually less since we are driving but have 2 travel days.

Anyways, I have a printing question..... do you have blank pages after you print, the flip side of the design I mean. Did that make sense? Or do you print some pages the load the paper back in to print the others on the backside?

A thought occured to me while I type.....I guess I should read all the pages in this thread, huh? the answer maybe there. ;)

Those look so awesome!!! I haven't printed mine out yet...I better get moving 21 days! Its actually less since we are driving but have 2 travel days.

Anyways, I have a printing question..... do you have blank pages after you print, the flip side of the design I mean. Did that make sense? Or do you print some pages the load the paper back in to print the others on the backside?

A thought occured to me while I type.....I guess I should read all the pages in this thread, huh? the answer maybe there. ;)

Answering my own question!

Its in post #54 incase anyone was wondering! THANKS!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter