Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Modifying my LL reset the time I can next book!

I had a LL for 8:35-9:35. Said I can book my next attraction at 9:35, which is when it would expire.

Modified for 9:55–10:55. Now says I can book at 10:30am, which is 2 hours from park opening!

Is this known behavior or something related to early entry???
It didn’t reset your 2 hour cool down. You can book another after you ride OR a 2 hour cooldown only if your LL is over 2 hours away.

If you are already in the park you can just ride at 8:30 am (grace period 5 mins before and 15 mins after) and book your next one after the second scan which is usually near the boarding area. It’s like a rolling fast pass.

Note: Some rides don’t have a second scan so I would check Genie+ after you scan (we didn’t see one for Star Tours; someone reported none for GoTG but I haven’t had to ride with a VQ yet-will hopefully today).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Rise was down at park opening. We were just about to tap into our LL for TS Mania when we heard Rise was up and ran over there. We weren’t going to make it out of Rise before the 15 minute grace period for TSM was over. We debated letting TSM expire, but I was pretty sure it wouldn’t reset my time if I changed it, so we modified. I didn’t realize we were in an exception.

So, although we weren’t able to grab our next LL as early as the original 9:30am, we were able to get into TSM a little after 10am, which was better than the 10:30am expiry time it reset us for.

Thank you SO much for your "live" reports, they've been very helpful.

We have a 7am flight in 8 days. I will need to hope (for once lol) that we don't depart early so I can get my 7am selections done before take off.

What I'm understanding from your posts is that now, with the "modify" option", I could select a LL at 7am for a return time at 10:45am, which could be pushing it for our arrival, ride to resort and then park, etc. Upon landing at 8:45am, I could modify that return time to a window that is now available, say 1pm, and it would not reset my timer. Meaning that at 10:30am (2 hours after park opening), I would still be eligible to select my next LL?

Wait -- now I'm completely confused. I posted an example of exactly this scenario (it may have been in the JUST BACK thread where someone was recapping their experience daily) and they said it should NOT reset my timer.

After re-reading it, I think I understand, lol. Now just have to decide if any of our days would result in this scenario! I think my adult kids are unlikely to want to do Early Entry, so perhaps not.

Thanks to both of you for posting this specific scenario!

@leeniewdw, what you posted is above, at the top of this response.

Your scenario is different in that your original return time in post 1 is after the 2 hour park opening which is not the same as the situation that was shared this morning.

If someone modifies a return time that originally expires before the 2 hour after park opening window to later in the day then yes, their booking time resets to 2 hours after park opening.

A guest is eligible to book a 2nd LL reservation after:
- first one is used (if before 2 hours after park opening) or,
- first one expires (if before 2 hours after park opening) or,
- 2 hours after park opening.

If someone secures a LL return time that expires before the park has been open for 2 hours, if they modify this LL to a later time then the booking window resets to 2 hours after park opening.

Hi Everyone. I read the first handful of posts and I think I get it but just to doubly be sure about this one detail:

I'm staying at the Hilton Signia...which means I can get early park access but can I purchase the ILL$ at 7am? (i'm hoping yes but thinking I have to wait until park opens. 😭)

Hi Everyone. I read the first handful of posts and I think I get it but just to doubly be sure about this one detail:

I'm staying at the Hilton Signia...which means I can get early park access but can I purchase the ILL$ at 7am? (i'm hoping yes but thinking I have to wait until park opens. 😭)
That is correct. I do believe that the early ILL purchase benefit is reserved for the actual Walt Disney hotels and Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve & Shades of Green. -- It's the a reason I booked a split stay between Signia Bonnet Creek and AK Lodge on my next trip.

Last edited:
Do you think they will ever lower the price of Genie+ again. Here it is the 3rd and still at $29. Leaving this Saturday and was not planning on spending that much for my group of 8. I thought this time of year was the slower season

Do you think they will ever lower the price of Genie+ again. Here it is the 3rd and still at $29. Leaving this Saturday and was not planning on spending that much for my group of 8. I thought this time of year was the slower season
I see it going back down again but probably not this week. Many schools are still off this week and all park reservations are full today then some are full for the balance of the week. This week is still holiday crowds and therefore higher pricing.

Personally I don’t anticipate it going down until Saturday or possibly even Monday of next week due to it being a marathon weekend this coming weekend.

87389473-2AAC-407D-B9A9-DAD358917683.jpeg

I've watched some video tutorials on Genie+ in anticipation of our visit starting 1/22. Are there any that were made very recently that include the newer features such as modifying?

I've watched some video tutorials on Genie+ in anticipation of our visit starting 1/22. Are there any that were made very recently that include the newer features such as modifying?
It took some hunting as the ever-helpful Molly has changed where she publishes her great videos but finally found her.

Just after the 4:00 mark of this video she explains how to modify a LL.

Last edited:
Thanks "Scrappy". I found the video on her new site. Time to take some notes.

Happy to see that the price is going down as well. Hopefully tomorrow will be even lower
I had no idea way back when they announced this change that the price would soar like this. I really hope they come down soon. When you pay the price for your whole party, that's pretty steep.

Def, 25 today just purchased it, but I'm here and have a question for you experts.

My system glitched whole purchasing the ILL for GOTG, I need it for 11am but by the time it worked again got 3pm.

Will they let me in early. I know some people have experience with this but couldnt find it.

Def, 25 today just purchased it, but I'm here and have a question for you experts.

My system glitched whole purchasing the ILL for GOTG, I need it for 11am but by the time it worked again got 3pm.

Will they let me in early. I know some people have experience with this but couldnt find it.
Unfortunately no. Once your BG time arrives you can use it for the balance of the day until park closing but not early.

You may wish to ask at a blue umbrella if they can assist you with moving your time earlier but they may or may not be able to do this. Regular LLs can be modified but not ILLs as you select the time before purchasing.

Hope it works out for you.

Unfortunately no. Once your BG time arrives you can use it for the balance of the day until park closing but not early.

You may wish to ask at a blue umbrella if they can assist you with moving your time earlier but they may or may not be able to do this. Regular LLs can be modified but not ILLs as you select the time before purchasing.

Hope it works out for you.
Thank you

I had no idea way back when they announced this change that the price would soar like this. I really hope they come down soon. When you pay the price for your whole party, that's pretty steep.
Trust me, paying for 8 people is going to be painful. If $15 it would be $120 vs at $29 would be around $240 per day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter