Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Our party is all linked together in MDE. Half are staying onsite and half off. Can I purchase ILL for everyone at 7am or only those staying onsite? Thanks!

Today it’s $25. Yesterday (when @Juventus originally posted ‘$25!’) I checked and it was $29 (also see post 2388 where others saw the same price). Glad it’s trending down now

We only had a few hours at MK (2.5 hrs) and it was a sold out day so we didn’t bother purchasing it.

We purchased SDMT at 7 am (used Chat feature to add our 3 year old who I added late; she grew 1/2 an inch in just a few weeks), watched Philarmagic (walk on) and Monsters Laugh floor (10 min wait), rode the people mover (posted 45, actual 20), railroad from Fantasyland (delayed 10 mins due to parade, so wait was around 15 mins total) to Main Street and exited.

Last edited:
Scanning the LL/ILLs, seems like things are still pretty busy. We arrive on Saturday but will have just a very short window of time for our 7am selections (flight leaves at 7). I feel like this will be a very different experience from our first 2 G+ trips, lol.

Glad to see the price dropping. We had to push our Nov trip to Jan, so we lost the pre-paid $15/day/pp. Even if it stays at $20, it's a $90 price increase for our trip. Perhaps I better just hope it stays at $20 and it's *only* a $90 price increase.

Is there a way to tell how much G+ will cost ahead of time? I enjoyed our July 2021 trip when everybody was in the standby lines. Still debating whether to buy G+ or stand in the line and hope for the best.

Is there a way to tell how much G+ will cost ahead of time? I enjoyed our July 2021 trip when everybody was in the standby lines. Still debating whether to buy G+ or stand in the line and hope for the best.
No, Genie+ pricing is published at midnight for that day so unfortunately no way to know in advance what the price will be. It does not appear to be linked in any way to ticket prices either so not able to relate those 2 together either.

I’ve only gone with just annual Passholders since Genie+ came out. Is there anything different when having a mix of annual passes and regular tickets? I’m going with my parents for our first grandparent trip. I’ll be booking everything and we are linked together. Not sure if it changes anything or it’s exactly the same?

As long as you are managing all in your party via MDE, I don't anticipate any difference at all if they are ticketed guests or AP holders, should be the same experience you are used to you with AP's.
Ok good! I remember reading about problems when it first came out if there was a mixture of tickets but wasn’t sure if that was still happening

I read through the first posts and tried to skim back through recent - apologies if I missed it... is there now any way to alter an ILL purchase (say if an earlier time pops up from the one you originally bought)? I understand for Genie+ there now seems to be a way to modify selections - wasn't sure if that would also apply to ILL purchase to improve your time.

I read through the first posts and tried to skim back through recent - apologies if I missed it... is there now any way to alter an ILL purchase (say if an earlier time pops up from the one you originally bought)? I understand for Genie+ there now seems to be a way to modify selections - wasn't sure if that would also apply to ILL purchase to improve your time.
ILL$ times cannot be modified once purchased. (I’ve just updated post 1 to include this question as you’re the 2nd person to ask recently.)

You may ask at a blue umbrella if they can possibly change it but the answer could go either way as we’ve had reports that once selected, the return time cannot be changed.

ILL$ times cannot be modified once purchased. (I’ve just updated post 1 to include this question as you’re the 2nd person to ask recently.)

You may ask at a blue umbrella if they can possibly change it but the answer could go either way as we’ve had reports that once selected, the return time cannot be changed.
Thanks so much!

Question re: child swap and Genie+:

If both parents have lightning lane with Genie+, then what's even the point of child swap in that situation? Each parent just uses their LL separately. Is it even necessary to use child swap? I guess it could extend the return time for the 2nd parent?

If both parents have lightning lane with Genie+, then what's even the point of child swap in that situation? Each parent just uses their LL separately. Is it even necessary to use child swap? I guess it could extend the return time for the 2nd parent?
The only issue I see is if you are arriving towards the end of the genie+ window… you might not have enough time for the second person to scan in?

I would recommend you post this question on the Disney for Families board or, look there as I’m guessing it may have been asked there. Members of that forum are very familiar and helpful about Disney with families and child swap processes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter