Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

How have the G+ and LL availability been recently? When we were there in July they were pretty plentiful but it looks like it’s been busier lately… we are going jan 13-18

How have the G+ and LL availability been recently? When we were there in July they were pretty plentiful but it looks like it’s been busier lately… we are going jan 13-18

It seems this week has been very busy. Last week was expected, but in looking at MDE things in HS were really busy. We arrive tomorrow and will have a half day at the Studios and I'm trying not to freak out, lol. Touring Plans says this week has exceeded their already high predictions.

The good news is that with the "modify" option in MDE, you can grab a LL and then refresh for better times (or rides) and it does not reset your countdown clock. I refreshed a few times today and times for some big rides did bounce around. The bad news, it means more time on your phone to get optimal LL usage.

Personally, I would not compare your week to the past 3 weeks as these 3 weeks have been prime holiday season. Some schools finished Dec 16 while others not until Dec 23 so this week is still high attendance due to holidays.

I think you'll be just fine the week you go, possibly look at data on thrill-data.com for early Dec as a comparison to what you possibly can expect.

I’ve heard mixed things…
Can I still book an ILL for a park I don’t have a park pass reservation for?
If my park pass is Epcot, at 7am can I book Rise for after 2pm?
I know that used to be the case but someone told me it may have changed?

I’ve heard mixed things…
Yes, you can do this.

I’ve heard mixed things…
As long as you are staying at a Disney resort you can buy ILL for Rise at 7 a.m. If you are staying off resort, you can buy the ILL for Rise at the time that Hollywood Studios opens.

Is it easy for me to book my parents lightning lane when I’m not with them for part of the day? I know they’ll get confused by the system, but also know they’ll want to use it. Do I just have them text me once they tap into a ride? Would that be the easiest way to do it?

Is it easy for me to book my parents lightning lane when I’m not with them for part of the day? I know they’ll get confused by the system, but also know they’ll want to use it. Do I just have them text me once they tap into a ride? Would that be the easiest way to do it?
Yes, sounds like a great plan!

We are taking our family to WDW in June. DH and I will arrive a couple of days early and then kids and grandkids will join us. If we all have a reservation for AK that day and I sign us up for Genie+ on the day of their arrival would we be able to get a LL time for a safari for later in the afternoon? Or do you get the time you are assigned with no ability to change it? Thanks for the help!

We are taking our family to WDW in June. DH and I will arrive a couple of days early and then kids and grandkids will join us. If we all have a reservation for AK that day and I sign us up for Genie+ on the day of their arrival would we be able to get a LL time for a safari for later in the afternoon? Or do you get the time you are assigned with no ability to change it? Thanks for the help!
Now that modifying is available, it’s recommended to grab the LL you want for any time available and then modify it to the actual time you want.

Hi all! I am an avid Genie+ user, but I'm honestly not sure of the answer to this question. Some OFFSITE friends are going to Animal Kingdom one morning, and then hopping to Hollywood Studios at night. I will be booking their rides for them from home. I know they can try to buy FOP at official park open for Animal Kingdom. What time can they try to book Rise in DHS? Their first lightning lane will be booked in Animal Kingdom, and that park opens 30 minutes earlier than DHS. I'm thinking that they probably can't buy Rise until Hollywood Studios officially opens, but I'm wondering if the fact that their first LL is in Animal Kingdom, means they can buy Rise when AK opens, not DHS? Do I make sense? haha

I’ve heard mixed things…
You can book a LLIA for ROTR and Genie+ LL for SDD at 7 am. SDD is one that rapidly moves to late afternoon (you now have to wait until passes go past 2 pm to book in a park you don’t have a park pass reservation). In SDD’s case it would just be a second or two if it’s holiday season. I would book SDD before I book ROTR.

A tale of 2 parks today. Tough going (but workable) at DHS this morning and then AK return times were too soon for evening. Spent a LOT of time modifying EE LL that probably wasn’t even needed.

Bus service from AK to MK was horrible when AK was closed. Probably 45 minutes with no bus.

You can book a LLIA for ROTR and Genie+ LL for SDD at 7 am. SDD is one that rapidly moves to late afternoon (you now have to wait until passes go past 2 pm to book in a park you don’t have a park pass reservation). In SDD’s case it would just be a second or two if it’s holiday season. I would book SDD before I book ROTR.
We’re likely skipping SDD. My son is still roller coaster hesitant..

How fast does Runaway Railway book up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter