EXCELLENT Alamo rate!

If I book a Reservation with Alamo now, for an August trip, and the price drops from a new discount becoming available etc., it sounds as if I can just go back to my Existing Reservation and Modify it by applying the new discount? Is this correct? Are there any fees for changing or even cancelling an unpaid reservation? :wave2:

mousy_in_canada said:
can one of you use DME to go back to the airport on Saturday?
I checked and Thursday pick up to sat return at MCO is only $167.00.. I think you should take DME back to the airport to pick up the car on Sat or take a taxi, but I am not sure how much that is.

I don't have the walmart codes because I have a costco membership so you should check that out!

I went in to see if I can get this for the $167.00 and I was using Contract ID 675899, rate code ByW3 and coupon D24c and I was coming up with @191.21. Are those the codes you are using?

3kidz4dis said:
I went in to see if I can get this for the $167.00 and I was using Contract ID 675899, rate code ByW3 and coupon D24c and I was coming up with @191.21. Are those the codes you are using?

no I used Contract ID#: 675899 and Coupon Code: DU3B
did it again and got the same #'s

I opened my reservation just to see if I could change something, which I couldn't, and the price changes to the current going rate for the reservation. So, make sure you check the two rates when it asks if you want to modify the ressie or keep current.

Has anyone had any luck in useing the walmart code 430710 by and the coupon d42c together?

How in the world are you guys getting these great rates. I am traveling 9/30-10/15 I have used some of the codes given and the cheapest mini van I could get was over 600.00. So I have a few questions.
1. how many codes can you put in for one reservation?
2. If I reserve it now do I pay for it up front or can I wait til it gets closer to the vacation?
3. If I reserve it now, can I go back later and add an additional code if it comes out. I don't understand how some are saying the price on theirs keeps dropping.

Thank you for answering and I am sorry if it has already been asked and answered.

Disneydreaming6 said:
How in the world are you guys getting these great rates. I am traveling 9/30-10/15 I have used some of the codes given and the cheapest mini van I could get was over 600.00. So I have a few questions.
1. how many codes can you put in for one reservation?
2. If I reserve it now do I pay for it up front or can I wait til it gets closer to the vacation?
3. If I reserve it now, can I go back later and add an additional code if it comes out. I don't understand how some are saying the price on theirs keeps dropping.

Thank you for answering and I am sorry if it has already been asked and answered.

1. There are 3 places to put in codes. Contract code, rate code and a coupon code.

2. You can reserve now, you don't have to pay anything until you pick up. Unless you choose to pre-pay.

3. Yes you can always modify/cancel your reservations and change codes as new ones give you better rates.

Since you are trying to get a rate for September I would suspect its higher. It will go down I bet as you get closer to you date.

You may find that another rental company may have a better rate for September when your trip comes. Make sure you check all the car rental companies if you don't have a favorite.

I good place for info. about codes for car rentals and tips is http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

I just registered in the forum to say Thanks for the alamo codes provided in this thread :)

I used the walmart code and AD94 for a SUV in Miami, the rate I obtained is $117.54/week plus all the taxes.

The final number from 4/19 to 5/4 is $386.12 pretty cool :)

One thing I noticed about the codes I used is that they include an additional driver free of charge in that price, thats a big plus to me.

Im not complaining but I checked w/alamo 2 days ago and for the same period using only the D42C code I obtained $380 final, it seems the rated increased during easter, since I will travel on tuesday, I'll keep checking for improvements :)

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Pablo

Whohooooo thanks guys i went to mousesavers and used the new coupon posted for the 25.00 off.My rate was 139 now it is 94.56 from May 21-May 28
:cool1: saved me a few buckaroos!!!!!!!!!!

Yes the rates are down again. My rate dropped and I never thought it could be any lower than what it is. I booked prepaid at $228 TOTAL for 2 weeks, including all taxes and fees for a mid-size SUV--that is $90 a week. To my surprise the price now is $221. I won't change since there is a $5 fee, but am in shock.

My daughter has a mid-size SUV for a total price of $106 for one week, including all taxes and fees. Her price is still a little higher, but at this rate, her's may come down past the $106 she currently has now. She could move up to a standard SUV for only $15 more (total).

Of course, my August rates and October rates are still high, so am still watching them.

So if you're going in April/May, re-check your rates.

I am completely addicted to finding the better deal.
Today I used the Walmart Codes and coupon AD94 (from mousesavers)
I was able to get a full size car (Grand Prix) for 120.00 for 7 days + 3 hours
My Midsize SUV (Chvey Equinox) is 134.00.
Which would have more room? We are 4 adults, 3 suitcases and 2 golfbags.
What do you think?

I juat checked again and my rate dropped again! :banana:

May 13 - May 20 - Chevy Equinox. Costco contract ID and $25 coupon. $94.56!

It dropped $8 from a few weeks ago.

Debbie

woo hoo my price has gone down as well i tried it the other day and then a mere 2 hours later playin' around with the codes and coupons i have a mid size suv for 94.56 for the week may 19 to may 26. using id# 7011339 and coupon d24c (got this printable coupon from mousesavers) :woohoo: . my rental started out at thrifty $225.00 for the week with alamo started out at 132.00 now 94.56. i'm on the hunt now for an even lower deal. I love a great bargain!!!

gavvy said:
Has anyone had any luck in useing the walmart code 430710 by and the coupon d42c together?
hi there i'm not sure about using those codes together i called alamo and they told me that i couldn't use them togehter. if you don't need an extra driver you might want to look at the id# 7011339 and the coupon d24c(mousesavers) and that should get you a decent rate.

Where is this code from? 7011339 I redid mine, dropped a few dollars, $115, incl all taxes/fees, midsize SUV, early 5/23 to late 5/30, 8 day charge. :woohoo:

Honestly, I think I've tried just about EVERYTHING and still can't seem to get the rates you guys are talking about! I was so thrilled looking at all your awesome prices and getting more and more frustrated that my prices are staying so high. :sad:

I used ID#430710, rate BY, and coupon#AD94...pick up from MCO. The best price that comes up is $316.15...is this the best I can do?

We're going from April 22-May 1...so 10 days.

I was thinking maybe it's b/c we're getting so close to the date, the prices won't go down anymore. :confused3

Please help! :worship:

Illumigem, are you trying Alamo? I just plugged in your dates with those codes and I get $158.84. Go back and try again. Make sure you've got everything in the right boxes, then see what comes up. I used the codes you stated and the same dates ---Alamo.

Ooops! I think I used D42C instead of the coupon you used. I think the D42C is a printable coupon from the mousesavers.com website. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter