Fall 2010 Professional Internships

Cool! Congrats! For what internship?

Thanks! Silly me never asked lol, but I applied for a handful, when i did the screening interview they were considering me for Social Media Marketing and Domestic Multicultural Marketing.. judging by the email i got and my interview being with the domestic manager, I want to say its for the multicultural position.

I just talked to a girl who works in Guest Relations. She said her managers said that several hundred people apply for a GR PI and that only about 20-25 people will get it. thats a pretty low acceptince rate :-/

Thats seems more like what i was thinking. They have to have more than 200 applicants, it is one of the most popular. Maybe only 200 used it for their first choice .

Thanks! Silly me never asked lol, but I applied for a handful, when i did the screening interview they were considering me for Social Media Marketing and Domestic Multicultural Marketing.. judging by the email i got and my interview being with the domestic manager, I want to say its for the multicultural position.

Yeah, I had a second interview for the Social Media one about two weeks ago. They were interviewing 8 people total and I think we were all contacted by the Social Media Manager. So it sounds like Domestic Multicultural Marketing most likely.

That's awesome! I haven't seen anyone else on here post about that one, and it looks really really cool! Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll knock that interview out of the park.

Thats seems more like what i was thinking. They have to have more than 200 applicants, it is one of the most popular. Maybe only 200 used it for their first choice .

Interview is tomorrow at 1!! So nervous, yet so excited!

My husband applied for a PI back in February and had a screening interview on Feb. 23. He got a call on Friday offering him one of the PIs that he applied for!!! It is the HRIS (Human resources information systems!!) It was his first choice!! He starts June 17th!!

My husband applied for a PI back in February and had a screening interview on Feb. 23. He got a call on Friday offering him one of the PIs that he applied for!!! It is the HRIS (Human resources information systems!!) It was his first choice!! He starts June 17th!!

Congratulations to your husband! That is fantastic news! By the way - your wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous :goodvibes

Congrats!!! :)

My interview is in 1min!! wooo!! here goes! =]
ok well for anyone wondering about the 2nd interview, its very specific to what you do and how it applies to your field that you are applying in. all i can say is, i dont like phone interviews.. haha that silence after you finish answering your question is brutal.. but they said they will be doing more interviews the rest of the week and ill find out next week as to what happens.. if you have questions ask me =]

all i can say is, i dont like phone interviews.. haha that silence after you finish answering your question is brutal

I feel your pain. I had to interview for a role I applied for over the phone today simply b/c I'm out of town for the week. Brutal describes it quite well. :scared:

I wish you the best of luck!!!

ok well for anyone wondering about the 2nd interview, its very specific to what you do and how it applies to your field that you are applying in. all i can say is, i dont like phone interviews.. haha that silence after you finish answering your question is brutal.. but they said they will be doing more interviews the rest of the week and ill find out next week as to what happens.. if you have questions ask me =]

I agree, the lack of nonverbal cues makes it hard to determine how exactly you are doing. Best of luck!

I agree, the lack of nonverbal cues makes it hard to determine how exactly you are doing. Best of luck!

well its not just that, its also the silence after you finish speaking makes it feel like you've answered the question to quickly/short lol, like they're still waiting for more. they should just have us hit the Pound key or something after we are done talking haha

well its not just that, its also the silence after you finish speaking makes it feel like you've answered the question to quickly/short lol, like they're still waiting for more. they should just have us hit the Pound key or something after we are done talking haha

Or, the pregnant pause after their asking the question when you are still formulating your answer and they say, "Did you hear that?" I generally have the, "That's a very good question" already firing, but I missed one during my interview today.

Someone just reminded me that we always think of things after the interview or think of things we might have said differently when all the while, the interviewers think we did just fine.

Or, the pregnant pause after their asking the question when you are still formulating your answer and they say, "Did you hear that?".

LOL that happened to me today, they were asking me what was a marketing campaign that i thought was successful and what would i have diff about it.. the sheer amount of marketing campaigns out there, running through my head.. then they asked me.. so nerve wracking.. just picked the one that was in my head.. too much pressure lol

Good luck Gray! When will you hear back about it? Maybe we will both be at EPCOT....that would be AWESOME!

I know I haven't been on here for awhile. But I got called from Casting yesterday with an offer for cast deployment. So excited for June 17th.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter