Fall 2010 Professional Internships

Hello all,

Have any body heard about the Information Technology PI??
I gave my first interview around mid-week of march and still haven't heard anything...

I'm in the same situation - I had my first interview at the end of March, but haven't heard anything from them. I'll post an update if I get any news.

I already got a Guest Relations position, and I'm pretty sure I would stick with that even if Cast Events called. So that's one more competitor out of the running for you! :)

What's the other one you applied to other than Cast Events?

Good luck! Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

Congrats on your GR position!!
My other one is College and International Coordinator at MK....heard anything about that one?

:)

Just saw you are from amherst, i lived in south hadley for about 7 months! small world!

Has anyone been offered a Communications or Arts and Graphics PI?

Congrats on your GR position!!
My other one is College and International Coordinator at MK....heard anything about that one?

:)

Just saw you are from amherst, i lived in south hadley for about 7 months! small world!
Really? That's so cool! Yep, I'm going to school at UMass! I haven't heard anything about the Coordinator one, hopefully you'll hear back soon!

DAK has amazing hours. Just sayin'!

I have heard that. What kind of hours are we talking? Some people have said that you work open to close since it isn't open that long...but that is like 12 hours. I am so confused.

PS We need to do lunch again, I need internship advice (and i need to obsess with someone who gets it...my boyfriend is so tired of hearing about the internship process, poor guy.)! So excited :banana::banana:

I have heard that. What kind of hours are we talking? Some people have said that you work open to close since it isn't open that long...but that is like 12 hours. I am so confused.

PS We need to do lunch again, I need internship advice (and i need to obsess with someone who gets it...my boyfriend is so tired of hearing about the internship process, poor guy.)! So excited :banana::banana:

The hours change depending on the month/season.... When we get there in June for our programs their hours will 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. With some extended hours thrown in here and there, then the next month it's 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Heres a link for the Calendar with the hours though!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/calendar/

Congrats to everyone on their wonderful good news lately!

I know a few that have been offered Communications PI's. Let's just say I know someone who set up the interviews:goodvibes

The hours change depending on the month/season.... When we get there in June for our programs their hours will 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. With some extended hours thrown in here and there, then the next month it's 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Heres a link for the Calendar with the hours though!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/calendar/

Congrats to everyone on their wonderful good news lately!

Awesome, yeah that's roughly what I remember DAK having hours-wise when I was on my CP fall program. (I worked at MK, but my roomie worked at DAK). I'm really excited to be at DAK - my only SLIGHT concern is getting enough hours. I hope we work basically full days (assuming I really am placed there... fingers crossed!).

I'd hate to get less hours there than I would have at other parks. My roomie was on the Safari and she got way less hours than I did at Splash - I'm hoping Guest Relations is a different story. Trying to save up money! :dance3:

Does anyone know if Guest Relations PIs can go seasonal in GR after their PI ends?

I know I asked this before, but figured I'd throw it out again cuz I never got an answer and I'm really curious!

Thanks, and sorry for being annoying :P

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help!

How long did it take to get your information packet after you accepted your management internship? If you don't live in Florida?

Does anyone know where Catering Management Interns actually work? Do they have a uniform to where?

Does anyone else want to start their internship so much they can't focus on their current job? That is definitely me I just want to leave!

Do we get an information packet? I have heard that we do and don't, so still confused on that. I am so beyond excited to start. I have started obsessing abit. BUT I JUST CANT WAIT!!! *ahem* yeah. If I get an info packet, I will let everyone know :)

Just interviewed for a Graphic Design PI. I am supposed to be getting a call now to set up a third interview too. She told me that her department is behind and they wont offer the spot until the first or second week of May. More waiting. . .

Do we get an information packet? I have heard that we do and don't, so still confused on that. I am so beyond excited to start. I have started obsessing abit. BUT I JUST CANT WAIT!!! *ahem* yeah. If I get an info packet, I will let everyone know :)

I've heard yes/no too. My friend told me he never got one. I wish there was more clarification.

anyone have any information or heard anything from Distributed Marketing Services Event Planning or Training/Event Planning?

I feel like ive been waiting for-ev-ver!!!

Congrats to all those who have gotten MI and PI's!

I've heard yes/no too. My friend told me he never got one. I wish there was more clarification.

My recruiter told me I would get hard copies of everything in the mail but this was a week ago and nothing had come. But she said it would happen.

When I got my management internship, I received a red folder, but it really didn't have much information in it, per se. It was still exciting, though. ;) As check-in got closer, there were more informative emails, changing locations and times of the check in (before my semester, they checked in at Vista, for us, they checked us in at Casting and we had a scheduled time to be there).

As for the catering management role, I can't say for certain, but I think it's safe to assume since it's salaried/management, you'll be in business attire, so follow the guidelines for non-costumed women. NO capris, even if they are "business" looking and dress shorts are only permitted with hose and a matching jacket (which cannot come off). i have found it handy to have 3 pant suits and several pairs of pants with blouses that can mix/match. I refuse to wear panty hose, so I wear pants every day. I'm also a comfort-over-cute shoe person (learned THAT one the hard way), so I invested in 2 good-quality comfortable pairs, one black, one brown. If you wait until you get there, they have a shoe-mobile that will spread out payments with an automatic deduction from your paycheck, which is very nice. You can preview what they have at https://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/index.cfm?changeWebsite=US_en

Continued congratulations to all who have gotten offers! This is the anniversary of my MI Call (it was on Earth Day while I was walking into DAK to work, I will never forget it!)

My husband applied for a PI back in February and had a screening interview on Feb. 23. He got a call on Friday offering him one of the PIs that he applied for!!! It is the HRIS (Human resources information systems!!) It was his first choice!! He starts June 17th!!
Congrats to your husband!! HR is also what applied for. I'm hoping I hear something soon. I had my second interview on Wednesday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :).

Congrats to all of you who have received the amazing and exciting news!! June is almost here :woohoo:

hey guys ANYYYYYYYYYYY info on internships in the costuming catergory??? (Design,merchandising etc)
I've been waiting forever and i'm starting to get really nervous and havn't met anyone else who applied for them.
HELP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter