Fantasmic Has Finally Returned!!

OK. Update. I had WAY more options on the app vs. the website. Just changed our H&V rez to Sci Fi on 12/13! NOW we are all set. Let the countdown begin!
Thank you so much for posting your experience. As soon as I saw your post earlier I did the same as you changing an H&V to Sci Fi.

Enjoy your trip!

Got December 6 for 11:00 at Mama Melrose and got December 9 for Sci-Fi at 1:00. ❤️❤️🎄🎄so excited for Fantasmic to return.

I really didn’t want to have dining reservations this year since it is our first time using Genie Plus, but I also don’t want to stand in line an hour or an hour /half hoping to get a seat for the show. Now I have to try and schedule Genie plus around dining reservations and sufficient time eating is not something I am looking forward to.

Are you sure this isn't outdated by years? Literally? The Fantasmic Dining Package got front and center seating in late 2019, the last time I seen it. And 2018. And 2017. Certainly not off to the side.
Possibly it is? Honestly not sure. I googled and 90% of the pics were for DL. This is one of the 2 for WDW I could find and both were showing this area. I didn't have reason to question as whenever we had dining plans (last time was in 2018) we sat in the section identified, closer to the middle.

No one knows for sure but I think most recently pre Covid it was one of the middle sections. The packages are quite expensive to stick people on the edge IMO.

I booked on 12/25 and it shows on MDE as Fantasmic 1st Show, so I guess there is a possibility that it will add a 2nd show on 12/25 and after.
All of the packages say "1st show" because they only offer packages on the first show. I don't think this means they are neccessarily adding another show.

All of the packages say "1st show" because they only offer packages on the first show. I don't think this means they are neccessarily adding another show.

Ours has always been first show but the first year they offered it - dinner seatings were over too late to make it to the show! They scheduled dinner right up to an hour before the show started. Until the fixed their process they allowed us to attend the second show and there were a lot of people they seated in the front and center seating for second show before they let the crowds in. It was great! Also if the show was cancelled for rain or whatever they let you use your ticket another night (I feel like there was a few day limit on that but don’t remember much more than me keeping very soggy tickets to give them the next night lol)

The times were crazy yesterday, I woke up at 4:11am, decided to check and nothing loaded so went back to sleep, my grandson woke me up at 5:11, checked and nothing loaded, went back to sleep and at 5:29 woke up and checked and it was loaded however only thing showing available was H&V. I kept refreshing and Brown Derby came up, booked it just so I knew I had something but kept refreshing. I booked and cancelled so many times until I found a time which was acceptable to me. It took me 40 mins of doing that, lol. I wanted 50’s as that’s my favourite restaurant in HS but not once have I seen it. I ended up with Sci Fi at 4:20 on Dec 8th.

My only concern is I’m solo this trip but had to book as a party of 2, same with my candlelight processional dining package. There is no option to modify like a regular ADR and I tried to chat but the CM didn’t know what he was talking about, at first he said it was a prepaid package so yes I had to pay for 2 and I told him no prepayment was made so he changed it to as long as one person shows up there will be no charge for the 2nd. I’m not sure if I should call and try and modify it down to 1 or just show up and take my chances. It’s frustrating that you can’t book for 1, especially since it will use a 2 top table just like a party of 2.

Anyone has been successful booking early January (looking for Jan 2nd specifically)?

The times were crazy yesterday, I woke up at 4:11am, decided to check and nothing loaded so went back to sleep, my grandson woke me up at 5:11, checked and nothing loaded, went back to sleep and at 5:29 woke up and checked and it was loaded however only thing showing available was H&V. I kept refreshing and Brown Derby came up, booked it just so I knew I had something but kept refreshing. I booked and cancelled so many times until I found a time which was acceptable to me. It took me 40 mins of doing that, lol. I wanted 50’s as that’s my favourite restaurant in HS but not once have I seen it. I ended up with Sci Fi at 4:20 on Dec 8th.

My only concern is I’m solo this trip but had to book as a party of 2, same with my candlelight processional dining package. There is no option to modify like a regular ADR and I tried to chat but the CM didn’t know what he was talking about, at first he said it was a prepaid package so yes I had to pay for 2 and I told him no prepayment was made so he changed it to as long as one person shows up there will be no charge for the 2nd. I’m not sure if I should call and try and modify it down to 1 or just show up and take my chances. It’s frustrating that you can’t book for 1, especially since it will use a 2 top table just like a party of 2.
Yes it is very frustrating! Did you try to amend via online chat?
If I were you I would give it another try and amend to 1 so as to be 100%. I think it depends on the CM, I had no issues amending mine and I've heard the same from others 😊

No one knows for sure but I think most recently pre Covid it was one of the middle sections. The packages are quite expensive to stick people on the edge IMO.
Wait I thought the price was just normal dinner prices at the restaurant you placed your reservation at through the dining package link. Is there an upcharge or something to make it more expensive?

Wait I thought the price was just normal dinner prices at the restaurant you placed your reservation at through the dining package link. Is there an upcharge or something to make it more expensive?
Yes for example 50s Prime Time is nearly double per meal. It is a very expensive guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter