Fantasmic Has Finally Returned!!

Wait I thought the price was just normal dinner prices at the restaurant you placed your reservation at through the dining package link. Is there an upcharge or something to make it more expensive?

Sci Fi, Prime Time and Mama Melrose are $50's per person (10 and up) and H&V and Brown Derby are $70's per person. Its especially painful if you have an 11 year old who barely eats.

I will be impatiently waiting for dining package reports in early December. Not sure it’s worth the extra $15 per person (based on my calculations) for reserved seats, if they are off to the side or if it’s fairly easy to get seats standby. When we went in 2014, I got the package because we were traveling with my mom. Seats were off to the side. Line to enter was short. After that, we went standby and had no problems getting good seats because it’s a huge theater, and line moved quickly. I also wonder if they will offer a G+ LL option for it.

Yes for example 50s Prime Time is nearly double per meal. It is a very expensive guarantee.
I don’t think it is double. You get an entree, dessert or appetizer, and a drink, if you look at the menu prices and add that up, it is very close to the approximate $50 per person, so there is really no up charge in my opinion.

What is the cancelation policy.. I googled around and it seems it's 24 hours
That's seems pretty generous for disney standards these days

The times were crazy yesterday, I woke up at 4:11am, decided to check and nothing loaded so went back to sleep, my grandson woke me up at 5:11, checked and nothing loaded, went back to sleep and at 5:29 woke up and checked and it was loaded however only thing showing available was H&V. I kept refreshing and Brown Derby came up, booked it just so I knew I had something but kept refreshing. I booked and cancelled so many times until I found a time which was acceptable to me. It took me 40 mins of doing that, lol. I wanted 50’s as that’s my favourite restaurant in HS but not once have I seen it. I ended up with Sci Fi at 4:20 on Dec 8th.

My only concern is I’m solo this trip but had to book as a party of 2, same with my candlelight processional dining package. There is no option to modify like a regular ADR and I tried to chat but the CM didn’t know what he was talking about, at first he said it was a prepaid package so yes I had to pay for 2 and I told him no prepayment was made so he changed it to as long as one person shows up there will be no charge for the 2nd. I’m not sure if I should call and try and modify it down to 1 or just show up and take my chances. It’s frustrating that you can’t book for 1, especially since it will use a 2 top table just like a party of 2.
YES definitely call and change to one. I was told there is a charge with packages. I have to do the same thing

What is the cancelation policy.. I googled around and it seems it's 24 hours
That's seems pretty generous for disney standards these days

Per my reservation confirmation, it states, “You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel timely and are a no show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10.00 per person.”

I am certain the cancellation policy for the Regular dining reservations are 24 hours before but they have accepted the cancellation as long as it was before midnight …
I think some of the special events and Cinderellas Castle and Fantasmic or Candlelight , Fireworks dessert parties have a different policy. It might be 48 hour cancel policy.

I had 2 attempts with making the ADR for Fantasmic at Sci Fi recently at 6:00 a.m. and verified today after a 20 minute Wait for Chat that was abruptly cut off and then a 35 minute on Hold phone conversation . Asking them to verify the Fantasmic Reservation because it appeared to be just the normal dining reservation when I checked my confirmation… Even tho I had twice made sure I was in the Fantasmic Package availability . It has a weird glitch that must have been designed wrong by tech and they did not verify it .

If your reservation does not look correct , you need to doublecheck .

I am keeping my SciFi dining until I can talk to them at the SciFi and then go to guest services . Not only did I wake up repeatedly to try to check if the dining wndow opened at some random time and then to book and then re-book to doublecheck I was actually in the Fantasmic Dining Package availability and then waste time on 20 minutes chat to be cutoff and then 35 minutes on hold when the voice said current wait times is approximately 20minutes and then they want me to stay on the line to complete the guest satisfaction survey.
I hope my incorrect confirmation was just a glitch for me and not for others.

Last edited:
Yes it is very frustrating! Did you try to amend via online chat?
If I were you I would give it another try and amend to 1 so as to be 100%. I think it depends on the CM, I had no issues amending mine and I've heard the same from others 😊

I’m going to call today and change it.

YES definitely call and change to one. I was told there is a charge with packages. I have to do the same thing

I chatted and they were able to change it, I definitely didn’t want to get charged for 2, I will barely eat enough for 1 let alone pay the price for 2, lol. I had the candlelight processional package modified as well.

I definitely saw it as an option for my days (12/17 and 12/23) on the morning of 10/26 but I didn’t select it so I’m not sure if it would have gone through. I booked MM.

I checked for the 5th, 8th and 9th and didn’t see it at all, I would’ve preferred it but I keep checking. I ended up with Sci Fi on the 8th at 4:20 so that’s not so bad.

We are booked for the brown derby. I don’t see kids desserts on the menu. Can kids order from the normal dessert menu and it’s included in the party price?

We are booked for the brown derby. I don’t see kids desserts on the menu. Can kids order from the normal dessert menu and it’s included in the party price?

the kids sides are the desserts too - kind of lame, but they are fruit, yogurt parfait, and apples I think. Or they can get the soup or salad as an app instead. Sometimes places have a cookie that is not listed too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter