**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

HI FOLKS

do you have room for 2 more ??????

just booked it. waiting on cabin number never thought to book a dummie cruise when we were on the dream jan.30 cruise. could have saved 10 % well thats life

ok me Garry DW Vicki and 30th anniversary for us. well sorta may 15 is the date but we don't want to do a western so . ok more later

garRy

The more, the merrier! Welcome Garry and Vicki! Once you have more information, please share, and I will update information in the role call on page1/entry1. Pics are great also!

We regret not booking a dummy cruise on our voyage in Feb.2010, but at the time, it wasn't yet announced that the Fantasy would be a 7-day itinerary, and we definitely wanted that. Soooooo....I have since learned much about booking dummy cruises, and rest assured that we will be better equiped and fighting y'all in line at the future res/desk!!!

HI FOLKS

just booked it. waiting on cabin number never thought to book a dummie cruise when we were on the dream jan.30 cruise. could have saved 10 % well thats life

ok me Garry DW Vicki and 30th anniversary for us. well sorta may 15 is the date but we don't want to do a western so . ok more later

garRy

Yea more fun:banana: who isn't up for meeting more people I can't wait! Welcome Gary and Vicki!:hug:

HI FOLKS

garRy

I am the DW to Garry - as he said we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary. Very excited to be joinging in the fun!!!

I made it over!!! :)

Mati- glad to hear things went well! I hope Sabrina's appointments go well and the night brace works!!

Garry and Vicki---
I've added you to the role call on page1/entry 1---with the following information. When you get a chance, please fill in the blanks!!

================================================== ===========================================
wdwgoose (and Cruisin'goose)

Garry (), Vicki ()
Stateroom(s):
Celebration(s): 30th Anniversary on May 15th!
Dining:
Showtime:
Participate in FE:
================================================== ===========================================

So...barring any more crazy events....I am BACK!!!

We made it through this week with flying colors. My procedure went well, I had my last iron infusion and hopefully am done with that mess for good. I am still healing and trying to take it easy (not something I am used to) but should be back to normal in no time.

Sabrina's first two doctor's appointments are done and we have a good idea of a plan for the next few months. She has one more doctor to visit in Houston before we decide for sure but right now it looks like she will go into a nighttime brace. She will be checked in 3 months and if the brace is holding well, we will continue that course of treatment. If it isn't, we will look at surgery or a full time brace. I figure we will cross that bridge when we get to it. We did run a genetic test on her that is very accurate when the results come back low. The idea is that the lower the score, the less likely it is that her scoliosis will progress so no need to brace at all. We are hoping for a very low score!!!

For now, am going to get back to normal (or at least try) and think about our summer vacation plans (no Mickey unfortunately).

I hope you all have a FABULOUS weekend!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Mati

Glad to hear your good news Mati :hug:. I wondered if you were dealing with scoliosis with Sabrina. Jake was diagnosed with it when he was in ~ 3rd grade. His doctor wanted to take a wait and see approach. When he was a freshman in HS they did an x-ray and it showed that he had a 36º curvature. They referred us to a pediatric orthopedic doctor at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. I was VERY freaked out because the nurse told me that it was 100% that he would have to have surgery (and miss ~ 6 weeks of school). I was frantically researching the surgery before our appointment and even talked to my boss about switching my hours so I could be home with Jake after the surgery. When we went to the appointment in Indy the doctor said that the curvature did not require surgery and he was not a believer in braces for kids Jake's age. Jake's growth plates were almost touching indicating that he was almost done growing, so the only thing we had to do was see him once a year for three years.

I hope you get a low score on Sabrina's test :teacher: and some of your worries can be relieved :hug: !

Tony ~ Can you please change our cabin occupants to myself and MaryRose in one and Brian and Jake in the other? Thanks, and thanks again for all your work on the meets thread:woohoo: ~ Kathy

I've accumulated all of the group name suggestions into one post----which you will find on page 1 of this thread, entry 2.

LET'S FIGURE OUT WHO WE ARE!!! hahaha

Actually, sues14 (my wife, Susan) suggests we get more people here from the old thread to the new thread before making any decisions....

Good night, and Disney Dreams to you all.:angel:

GOOD MORNIN FOLKS
seems we being so slow to join we have missed alot???? old thread ???? could someone send me a link? that way maybee I can get up to speed some.
Still no cabin number but we should be portside aft. deck 6 or 7 . For dinner we are late.
Thats all I can answer for now.
short history is DW is RN works L & D north of tampa
ME 5 yrs USMC 77 - 82 24 yrs firefighter also work for the county.
very short did the 4 night Jan 30 cruise on the DREAM, all but 1 cruise have been on disney
LaSalle Mi. is southeast corner of state just look for MONROE
well out the door to feed my horses then try to stay warm 15 outside for now
did somebody say spring ????????

garRy

Vicki,
I am a disabled RN also in l&d actually LDRP miss it alot, I have ra and having trouble finding the med that helps or that I can take! It won't take too long to catch up!

Hey all.....check out page 1, entry 3 for an updated pic of the Fantasy being built-----camera image from Meyer-Werft was updated this morning!

Ok, seriously, can't wait until we hit the year mark. Then I will really get excited!!!

Thanks for posting the picture on the ship -- that made my morning! It is amazing the progress over just 2 short weeks.

I hope you are all having a happy Monday and just think -- the work day is almost over!!! :dance3:

Hello everyone -

We will be joining you on the Fantasy in May 2012!

This will be our third DCL cruise and we have not told the kids yet. We booked while on our last cruise over NYE. :banana:

Our first was a 7 night western that was a gift to my youngest daughter from Make A Wish - Leila was born with a severe heart defect and has had three open heart surgeries.

So here are the stats:
Dis Name: biff423
Marci
Daren
Emma (14)
Madeline (13)
Leila (7)
Staterooms: 5538 and 5540
7:00 p.m. Show - Late Dining
Celebrations: Our oldest and youngest share a birthday on May 24th - so we will certainly be celebrating - especially since it will be our oldest's SWEET 16!
FE: Niot sure yet, we will have to see how big the list gets

I look forward to meeting all of you!

I will probably jump in with some name and logo ideas - I had done the logo for our last cruise - you can see it in my sig.

We are thrilled to be doing an Eastern itinerary and super thrilled for two huge verandas - both are new things for us! Can not wait to see what the new Fantasy will have in store.

Take care everyone. Chat with all soon.

Hello everyone -

We will be joining you on the Fantasy in May 2012!

Woo hoooo! The more the merrier! Welcome!

This will be our third DCL cruise and we have not told the kids yet. We booked while on our last cruise over NYE. :banana:

So how do you plan to tell them? Surprise at the time? Beforehand?

Our first was a 7 night western that was a gift to my youngest daughter from Make A Wish - Leila was born with a severe heart defect and has had three open heart surgeries.

It makes every birthday that much more special, I am sure.

I will probably jump in with some name and logo ideas - I had done the logo for our last cruise - you can see it in my sig.

Great! We need a name! And the logo----looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Great job on the one in your signature.

I've added your 'profile' to the Role Call and Room Call on page one. Do you have a family pic to share?

417 days and counting!

Vicki,
I am a disabled RN also in l&d actually LDRP miss it alot, I have ra and having trouble finding the med that helps or that I can take! It won't take too long to catch up!

Sues - I have worked in L&D/ LDRP my entire career (25 years). It is an area you either love or don't. I wish you the best finding an RA med that works. I look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

well I have a cabin number but not sure its what I wanted ????????????

8510 so will go from there.

HI D W
do you like my count down clock ???????
plane crash at custer 3 died

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter