Fantasy NYE Cruise 12/27/2014

Glad you are on board! Definitely need to get on the FB group, many of us have cruised together before and we have a lot of fun. I think Ron Welker is the ADMIN on this so he can add you. Or you can send me a friend request on FB and I will add you. (Rob Ritter, Sioux City, IA) Look forward to getting to know you!

Rob Ritter (DH), Jackie (DW)

HI Everyone!

We will be joining you as well. Super excited just got off a back to back cruises in February on the Dream. This will be our first time on the Fantasy and it will complete all 4 ships!

We will have 3 cabins for extended family and are super excited to be sailing with everyone!

Cabin 1 Tyson (DH) and Jill (DW)
Cabin 2 Jill's Mom & Dad
Cabin 3 Jill's Brother, Sister in Law and 2 nieces

I requested to join the Facebook page and look forward to getting to know you all!

Also, has any started to set up the fish extender yet? Last cruise we used Google docs and it was so easy to maintain and always up to date.

Hello,

We booked the Disney Fantasy Dec 27th, 2014 7 Night Eastern as our second Disney Cruise.

Our first cruise was the Dec 28th, 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas 5 night, Double Dip New Year's Cruise. We had a great time and the kids loved it.

On opening day for 2014 we originally booked the Dream again for New Year's 2014 but were sad that it was only four nights and no Double Dip.

After a couple of days of indecision we decided to change it over to the Fantasy to get 7 Nights instead.

So it will be me, DH, DD17 and DS11 (ages at time of the cruise).

Chokky
:)

Hi - our family booked this cruise opening day - hopefully it all works out and we are able to go -- family are spread across the globe, so coordinating is a challenge!

We are 8 adults, plus 4 kids - 3 girls (15) and 1 boy (17) at time of cruising.

We have 3 aft balconies on deck 9 booked...should be fun!

Well, we decided to bail out on this trip. Just a bit too pricey for us. Hope you all have an amazing trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi everyone,

We are booked on this trip in 2 forward (9D) rooms. We are a family of 5 and really want a family ocean view stateroom so that we can all be together. This is SUCH a long shot, but this board is awesome, so I thought I'd try: Does anyone have an extra room booked that they may release before final payment? If so, could you email me and let me know so that I can stalk the disney site and book when you release it??

Any other ideas? THANKS!!!

We were able to get a family ocean view! Hooray - cannot wait for this trip. Are any of you keeping this a surprise for your kids? We are going to try to give it to them for Christmas (2014) and leave 2 days later! Any thoughts on how to surprise them?

We booked when the cruises first came out. We sailed a B2B for Christmas and New Years this past December/January. We LOVED the New Years cruise just a little bit more than the Christmas cruise because the New Year's party was FABULOUS!

This will be our 10th Disney cruise (unless I can sneak in another one).

We are in an 8A and are very excited to try the sideways cabin with 2 Portholes.

This will be my DD's last cruise where she can go to the teen club (her 18th Birthday will be in January).

It will be Me and DH (mid 40's) and DD age 17 at the time of the cruise.

I will be joining the facebook group as well. I look forward to getting to know y'all in the next year and a half.

Hi everyone, booked this a few weeks but have already changed rooms 4 times lol. This will be our 2 New Years cruise, 4th time on the Fantasy. As if now it's just me Tanya (yikes I will turn 40 8 days before the cruise), and DS Nick who will be 12. This will be cruise #11 unless I sneak in anymore before then lol. I have also sent a request to join the FB group.

erin3 said:
We were able to get a family ocean view! Hooray - cannot wait for this trip. Are any of you keeping this a surprise for your kids? We are going to try to give it to them for Christmas (2014) and leave 2 days later! Any thoughts on how to surprise them?

My parents surprised us with our very first Disney cruise (back in 2001 I believe?) ...they kept tellig us we had a huge surprise for Christmas. We opened up all our gifts and then they finally said "okay time for the huge one!"

My mom pulled out two jewelry box size presents so of course being the little kid I was "uhhh this is huge?" And then when we opened them they were miniature brief case/suitcases that had a little ticket my dad had made up on the computer that said "Admit One: Disney Cruise Line"

And then we found out that we were leaving the next day so we screamed and rode our new scooters all over the hard wood floors lol

It was definitely a Christmas I will always remember. Also a great start to our cruising.

G'Day everyone. :wave2:

My name is Beth and i've joined in the fun with this cruise as well. It's myself, my husband & our little boy who will be almost 4 (29th Jan). We are in the Facebook group but i thought i'd say hello on dis as well.

We are flying in from Queensland, Australia and this will be our 4th cruise.

Hi everyone! We got off the Fantasy's Eastern Caribbean sailing on Saturday, and we booked this cruise while on board. DH and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary on NYE 2014, and we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate. It will be a small miracle if we can wait this long before revisiting St. Thomas. Gorgeous! DD, who will be days shy of turning 16 when we disembark, and DS, who will be 11, will be along for the adventure. This will be our 4th Disney cruise.:cool1:

Hello,

Just joined this sailing today.

Funny story, I went on the computer to "just" move a dummy sailing booked on board for the discounts. I fully intended to push it along in order to wait for the 2015 itineraries. Then we spotted this one. We sailed the Christmas Cruise 2012 and loved it and figured what the heck, let's have a New Year celebrations with DCL this time. Hoping to add a few pre-cruise days at WDW.

Nice to see a few familiar names. A quick special hi to McPackers (Christmas 2012) and LinkandClover (July 14, 2012). It looks like a Fantasy reunion already.

BTW, we are a family of 3. Glen, Lori, and son Alan who will be 16 on this cruise. It looks like our group will be keeping the Vibe very busy.

Goofy559, we will be relative neighbors as we are aft balcony on deck 8.

Lori, will be sending a facebook request.

:yay: I'll never stop being amazed how good booking one of these feels!

I'm just switched to the Magic sailing. Love the Fantasy but want to try the re- engineered Magic. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year 2014 aboard the Fantasypixiedust:

I'm just switched to the Magic sailing. Love the Fantasy but want to try the re- engineered Magic. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year 2014 aboard the Fantasypixiedust:

Well a brief reunion, it was! You will be missed but enjoy the Magic.

they swapped the Wonder and the Magic offered no Opening Day type rates for the Magic for the Western on the 28th of December and after a little gnashing of teeth, we're booked for the Eastern. I'm still a little torn over the whole thing because I love the Western and the smaller ship, but we're traveling with friends and they prefer the newer ships....so here we go....

Looking forward to getting to know you all. Have already asked to be accepted on the facebook page. See You There!

our cast of characters:

me, DH, DD (16) DD (13) DS (11)
ages at time of travel

Hello,
Just booked this cruise while on the Dream last week. Me, my mom, sister, husband and two kids will be experiencing our first 7 day cruise over NYE. Can't wait! I will request to join the FB Page too!
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Just a FYI for anyone who was wanting concierge which has been sold out for awhile. A Cat T is available now. I was checking out our cruise, and saw there was 1 available.

Just a FYI for anyone who was wanting concierge which has been sold out for awhile. A Cat T is available now. I was checking out our cruise, and saw there was 1 available.

I just can't get over the price differences between the classic and newer ships when it comes to concierge rooms. It would cost $26K for the kids and I to get that Cat T. Wow! We were in the Roy suite for the EBPC last Dec and I paid WAY less than $26K. I know its NYE but come on! That being said, I do love the extra concierge perks on the bigger ships. I'm so glad they have the Cat V option because the increase it would cost us for a Cat T we can take another cruise in a Cat T on the classic ships!

I just can't get over the price differences between the classic and newer ships when it comes to concierge rooms. It would cost $26K for the kids and I to get that Cat T. Wow! We were in the Roy suite for the EBPC last Dec and I paid WAY less than $26K. I know its NYE but come on! That being said, I do love the extra concierge perks on the bigger ships. I'm so glad they have the Cat V option because the increase it would cost us for a Cat T we can take another cruise in a Cat T on the classic ships!

I about fell out of my chair at the price. I have the Roy for my May Fantasy cruise, and I paid less than what they want for this T. I know we are all paying extra for the New Years portion, but that is crazy!

And I noticed Cat 4a-c are now going for more than I paid for my V! Really glad I was able to book when I did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter