Fantasy NYE Cruise 12/27/2014

Hello all! New to message boards!! As a family we decided to make Disney our holiday vacation. We were on the Christmas Fantasy cruise 2013 and booked New Years (Dec 27 sailing!) with Christmas in the park. We are looking forward to meeting and greeting with other families with teens. Our 16yo DS is looking forward to expanding his vacation friends list! I will see you all on the FB site! Bon voyage!!!

So folks, I am officially starting the FE list Hopefully lots of folks want to participate which makes it so much fun. If it gets too big, we will make more than one group.
Message me with your information if you'd like to participate. Disboard name, real names if you'd like, ages/gender, celebrations, favorite characters, allergies and of course cabin #.
Since it's so early, I'll post a list with numbers every 2-3 weeks until we get closer so people who want to start planning can.
Happy Cruising!
Monica
:cool1:
That's fantastic! Looking forward to the FE!!

Just got back from our winter escape,aka Feb. school vacation, and am glad to see refreshed activity in this thread. My wife has got FB covered but I still live vicariously in the DIS. Already anxious for this sailing. Our DCL Christmas trip was so awesome in 2012 and we hope for a similarly good New Year experience. 2013 was our first year without DCL( looking for new itineraries) and we are all going through withdrawals.

Haven't booked flights yet. Waiting for JB and SW. They are usually our best regional options. Also trying to figure out pre-cruise dates in the resort as a possibility.

Glen

Hi everyone! I am new to these chats and new to the world of cruises. This will be the first cruise for anyone in our family. We are super excited! I'm a very anxious about everything I need to know and learn to be prepared.

Hi everyone! I am new to these chats and new to the world of cruises. This will be the first cruise for anyone in our family. We are super excited! I'm a very anxious about everything I need to know and learn to be prepared.

Welcome - so excited for you and your family! Our first cruise was the 2010 med cruise with Disney, and this will now be our fifth. Welcome to the club! I would highly recommend "Passporter's Guide to Disney Cruise Line" along with stalking these boards. Both have really helped us to have a better understanding of what to expect along with ideas on how to make your cruise extra special. Don't hesitate to post any questions.

Happy planning!

Marni

Welcome - so excited for you and your family! Our first cruise was the 2010 med cruise with Disney, and this will now be our fifth. Welcome to the club! I would highly recommend "Passporter's Guide to Disney Cruise Line" along with stalking these boards. Both have really helped us to have a better understanding of what to expect along with ideas on how to make your cruise extra special. Don't hesitate to post any questions.

Happy planning!

Marni

Our first cruise was the med in 2010 as well. Didn't recognize the addiction it would lead to at the time. Now I'm watching 2015 rumors daily.

Our first cruise was the med in 2010 as well. Didn't recognize the addiction it would lead to at the time. Now I'm watching 2015 rumors daily.

We are also PATIENTLY waiting for hopeful Baltic 2015. I hope Russia doesn't throw a wrinkle in our plans if the US boycotts travel there. We will more than likely book and see what happens! We have been waiting for this return since 2010. :rotfl2:

Good luck with your plans,
Marni

We are also PATIENTLY waiting for hopeful Baltic 2015. I hope Russia doesn't throw a wrinkle in our plans if the US boycotts travel there. We will more than likely book and see what happens! We have been waiting for this return since 2010. :rotfl2:

Good luck with your plans,
Marni

Now we know! DCL made it official, the announcement is next week. I have already priced Princess for N. Europe to compare the Disney premium. I hope the difference isn't too great. Princess has some nice options but Disney is, well, Disney.

Hi everyone this will be out 1st time on the fantasy we have done the dream on new year but we are looking forward to being on the fantasy.it is me ,wife and 9 year old daughter I have put in the request to join the fb page.

Hi everyone this will be out 1st time on the fantasy we have done the dream on new year but we are looking forward to being on the fantasy.it is me ,wife and 9 year old daughter I have put in the request to join the fb page.

:welcome:

After all the fuss and business of new 2015 itineraries I have to refocus my attention. I am certainly glad not to have to wait another 14 months for a cruise. Not only will New Year's make this sailing special, it will be timely to satisfy the wait for summer 2015.

I am very pleased to report that I secured our flight today for this cruise. JetBlue just extended their calendar today to include this trip. This the first time that I've been able to book on release date and I am very pleased with the price. Our family of three is flying for less than $800 around the Christmas holiday. I am amazed. We will have a Christmas week in WDW followed by a Fantasy New Year.

Hi everyone! I've been promising my wife a cruise for several years, and this is finally the time. We will be on-board with our daughter and son (12 and 9 at cruise time.) Making the trip from Seoul means we need to make the most of our visit, so we will do a week at WDW first, then the cruise. I'm the planner in the family, but I am trying to show some restraint. I'm thinking about more planning for WDW and less for the cruise to leave ourselves some time to just relax. Do you think I am I making a mistake?

Joe, From what I hear (we're first time cruisers) that is exactly what you should do. We micro plan Disney, but friends have told me to chill on the cruise. There's not much to plan other than a few special meals at Palo and Remy and excursions where they do the work and you enjoy the trip. My son will be 9 as well so maybe they'll meet up at the club.

Hi everyone! I've been promising my wife a cruise for several years, and this is finally the time. We will be on-board with our daughter and son (12 and 9 at cruise time.) Making the trip from Seoul means we need to make the most of our visit, so we will do a week at WDW first, then the cruise. I'm the planner in the family, but I am trying to show some restraint. I'm thinking about more planning for WDW and less for the cruise to leave ourselves some time to just relax. Do you think I am I making a mistake?

We're doing the same thing. A week in WDW then the cruise. I am already planning for the resort, what to eat and what day for what parks. They will be extremely busy around Christmas and the new Fastpass bracelet system requires advance planning. Planning for the cruise is much less, especially since it's a Eastern Caribbean sailing. With 3 sea days and CC, there are only two port days to plan.

Joe, From what I hear (we're first time cruisers) that is exactly what you should do. We micro plan Disney, but friends have told me to chill on the cruise. There's not much to plan other than a few special meals at Palo and Remy and excursions where they do the work and you enjoy the trip. My son will be 9 as well so maybe they'll meet up at the club.

That was my line of thinking as well. I'll be making reservations 180 days out for the restaurants we really want in the parks and try to plan those days around the EMH. After a week of Disney World, I know I'll be ready to slow down!

We're doing the same thing. A week in WDW then the cruise. I am already planning for the resort, what to eat and what day for what parks. They will be extremely busy around Christmas and the new Fastpass bracelet system requires advance planning. Planning for the cruise is much less, especially since it's a Eastern Caribbean sailing. With 3 sea days and CC, there are only two port days to plan.

I was apprehensive about doing WDW at Christmas - but there was no other option that lined up with the cruise dates and school breaks. I'm working on expectation management for crowds and lines, planning as much as I can schedule, and looking for other things to occupy our time while we wait.

To our fellow New Year's cruisers:

May the Fourth be with you ( posted after a 3 Star Wars movie marathon)

:chewy::ewok::darth::yoda:

Hello, I booked on opening day and forgot about signing up for this thread. I actually said something about it the other day and my family said "What!?!" I guess I forgot to tell them too. Well anyways, we are a family of four DH, DD 19 and DD 16. This will be cruise #13 for us. We love all things Disney! I'll probably do FE's, but I need to get through the summer first. Is there a deadline to sign up date? Thank you.

Don't worry plenty of time for FE sign up. Don't forget to check out the groups FB page as well.
Welcome aboard!

Hello, I booked on opening day and forgot about signing up for this thread. I actually said something about it the other day and my family said "What!?!" I guess I forgot to tell them too. Well anyways, we are a family of four DH, DD 19 and DD 16. This will be cruise #13 for us. We love all things Disney! I'll probably do FE's, but I need to get through the summer first. Is there a deadline to sign up date? Thank you.

Glad to have you with us. Saw your Dis name and thought that it sounded familiar then noticed we share the future Norway/Iceland sailing. Actually DW, who is more active with FB and FE thinks we've shared a previous cruise because she too recognizes the Dis name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter