Fantasy NYE Cruise 12/27/2014

Just sent my request to join the FB group. The prices for this cruise now are unbelievable -- it is more for 2 people in a 5E than we are paying for 4!!!

Lisa

My name is Malikah and I will be sailing with my mom and my daughter who will be 18. By the time we sail on this cruise it will be our fourth NYE cruise. I would have to really think about what number cruise with DCL this will be.

We love NYE cruises so looking forward to it

Hi Everyone!

I just booked this cruise while on the Dream last week and am super excited even though it's so far away! In addition to being my first NYE cruise, it will be my birthday and my graduation present to myself. Looking forward to getting to know you and cruising with you all!

Been gone for a while, busy finishing up school and the holidays are right around the corner! Before we know it, the sail date will be here! Haven't checked my countdown in a while, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that we are under 400 days! :banana:

We have had this cruise booked since opening day, but were leaving our options open for the rumored return to the Baltics. With all the OBB changes, we are not giving this one up!

So, myself, DH, DS (10) & DD (3 1/2) will be joining all of you on our 1st holiday/ New Year cruise and our 5th with DCL! We actually have not talked about it in so long around our kids that they have forgotten about it - so it will be a Christmas 2014 surprise! We are so excited and can't wait until next year!

Hoping everyone had a wonderful holiday season,

Marni

Welcome Fellow Portlander! We have had this cruise booked for a year. We went on the New Years cruise out of Galveston last year and had a blast! This will probably be our last DCL holiday cruise because of all the OBB changes they are making. It is pretty expensive even with the OBB plus add in the air from PDX and you have a $10,000 week pretty quickly.

Join our FB group. See ya on board!

We booked this cruise on-board our spring break cruise earlier this year because it was the furthest out possible date we could book at the time, but we were not sure if we were really going to go on it. Now, with all the changes to OBB, it is looking more likely that we will go on this cruise. Cruising will be me, DH, DS (almost 12 at sailing!) and DD(10 at sailing). We went on our first Disney cruise for Thanksgiving 2010 on the Magic and the whole family has been addicted since then. We have also been on a Mexican Riviera in 2012 on the Wonder and Spring Break 2013 on the Fantasy.

We loved the Fantasy and booked our same room for this NYE cruise. :love:

We have made many good friends on our prior cruises and look forward to getting to know this crew! I am going to join the FB page as well.

Hilary

So excited to be joining this cruise. This will make my 11th cruise - first one as Platinum - woo hoo.
Traveling as always with my two girls, Katelyn (20) and Emily (16) and her service dog Casey.
Has anyone started an FE list yet? I'd be happy to coordinate if no one else has started - otherwise can you please add us as this is always a highlight for us.
Thanks and counting down.
Monica

So excited to be joining this cruise. This will make my 11th cruise - first one as Platinum - woo hoo.
Traveling as always with my two girls, Katelyn (20) and Emily (16) and her service dog Casey.
Has anyone started an FE list yet? I'd be happy to coordinate if no one else has started - otherwise can you please add us as this is always a highlight for us.
Monica

We booked this cruise on-board our spring break cruise earlier this year because it was the furthest out possible date we could book at the time, but we were not sure if we were really going to go on it. Now, with all the changes to OBB, it is looking more likely that we will go on this cruise. Cruising will be me, DH, DS (almost 12 at sailing!) and DD(10 at sailing). We went on our first Disney cruise for Thanksgiving 2010 on the Magic and the whole family has been addicted since then. We have also been on a Mexican Riviera in 2012 on the Wonder and Spring Break 2013 on the Fantasy.

We loved the Fantasy and booked our same room for this NYE cruise. :love:

We have made many good friends on our prior cruises and look forward to getting to know this crew! I am going to join the FB page as well.

Hilary

Welcome aboard! Glad to see our roll call starting to pick up. Looks like there will be lots of kids of all ages on board. Monica - our group has three 15YO girls who I know would love to meet your DD (and her furry helper!) They'll all be going through puppy withdrawal on board (yes, they all know yours will be working) Looking forward to a great trip.

jonesm117 said:
Monica

Hi Monica! Welcome to the Crew! As far as I know we don't have an official FE list started yet for the NYE sailing. We have a FB group named Crews in the Caribbean Disney Cruise Line Fantasy NYE 2014. Ask to join and I am sure you could volunteer to coordinate an FE list. It is a fairly large group already so depending on interest it may become necessary to organize more than one list to keep the number of participating staterooms reasonable. Hope to see you on FB!

So folks, I am officially starting the FE list Hopefully lots of folks want to participate which makes it so much fun. If it gets too big, we will make more than one group.
Message me with your information if you'd like to participate. Disboard name, real names if you'd like, ages/gender, celebrations, favorite characters, allergies and of course cabin #.
Since it's so early, I'll post a list with numbers every 2-3 weeks until we get closer so people who want to start planning can.
Happy Cruising!
Monica
:cool1:

Bought our plane tickets just now! We have been hoping to get a somewhat decent rate on airfare and started stalking airlines this past week. We were not feeling so lucky. There was a flight that left before dawn on xmas day that was less than $400, but that was not going to work with young kids. The ones later in the day were around $800 to more than $1000 per person!!! Ouch! We thought we were going to have to get creative and even use some frequent flyer miles that we are still saving for that "Baltic cruise". My husband was just playing around again and found flights for $385 per person round trip!:cool1: No more stress, now just relax and enjoy the wait!

Marni

Marni - Congrats and I'm hoping for some of your luck! I was looking at airfare this morning. I knew it would be high given the time of year, but rates were much higher than I expected. If we can't find something more reasonable, our family of five will be driving down.

Laurie

Marni - Congrats and I'm hoping for some of your luck! I was looking at airfare this morning. I knew it would be high given the time of year, but rates were much higher than I expected. If we can't find something more reasonable, our family of five will be driving down.

Laurie

I will send luck to you!!! That drive does not sound like fun. How many hours would that be?

Marni

Bought our plane tickets just now! We have been hoping to get a somewhat decent rate on airfare and started stalking airlines this past week. We were not feeling so lucky. There was a flight that left before dawn on xmas day that was less than $400, but that was not going to work with young kids. The ones later in the day were around $800 to more than $1000 per person!!! Ouch! We thought we were going to have to get creative and even use some frequent flyer miles that we are still saving for that "Baltic cruise". My husband was just playing around again and found flights for $385 per person round trip!:cool1: No more stress, now just relax and enjoy the wait!

Marni

What airline and dates? We used miles for DH and a companion fare for Myself and DD. Still spent over $750 per person (when you divide the companion fare by two). The fare is refundable so I still have time to change those tickets if I can do better.

What airline and dates? We used miles for DH and a companion fare for Myself and DD. Still spent over $750 per person (when you divide the companion fare by two). The fare is refundable so I still have time to change those tickets if I can do better.

We fly out on the 25th around 12:00 through Houston to MCO on UNITED and return on the 5th leaving at 12:50 through Dallas on US/American. We purchased through CheapOair. My husband had found some similar coming home a day earlier on Expedia.

Best of luck,

Marni

P.S. I am one of the few people who don't Facebook, but have been considering.

We fly out on the 25th around 12:00 through Houston to MCO on UNITED and return on the 5th leaving at 12:50 through Dallas on US/American. We purchased through CheapOair. My husband had found some similar coming home a day earlier on Expedia.

Best of luck,

Marni

P.S. I am one of the few people who don't Facebook, but have been considering.

You got a screaming deal. Unfortunately we have different dates planned and those dates are more expensive. I am happy for your family. See ya on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter