Fantasy NYE Cruise 12/27/2014

I'm impressed that you can surprise your kids with a cruise. I did manage to spring a surprise trip to Saipan on them a few years ago. I woke them up at 5:30 AM and told them to get dressed, we had a bus to catch. My then 9-year-old insisted on knowing where we were going before she would get out of bed. I said good-bye, she changed her mind, a good time was had by all.

I have surprised my kids twice with a cruise. First time was over Thanksgiving. They had no clue until we were at the port. they had their heads buried in their electronics that they never noticed the luggage in the back.

Second time was over spring break. We boarded Easter morning. I hid plastic eggs around the house with riddles in them. The last one told them to get dressed because we had a ship to catch.

I really miss having a ship in our backyard so to speak. Now we have to fly.
That won't completely stop me from surprising them but they do know about this cruise!

Hey all! Monica had to cancel (so sorry you won't be joining us) and I have offered to take over the FE master list. I just wanted to give a heads up over here. Once we are closer to sailing/PIF I will work on finalizing the list and splitting if need be. I will take a look this weekend and make sure it's all updated. Please PM me if there is any information I need!

Hi,

This is my first time "Fish Extending" and I'm not sure what I need to do to sign up. Can someone help me with this?

We will be enjoying the Fantasy departing December 27th! So excited!

Thanks,
DisneyMom713

If you send a private message to Disney52303 with your travel companions names, ages, favorite disney characters, and your cabin number(s), she will get you added to the list. It is also worth noting any special days (birthdays, anniversary, etc.) and she will note that on the list. I am not certain when she plans to make the list final - I believe if it gets too large she intends to split it.

I'm assuming everyone got lucky with their bookings last night! We could not believe how many ressies were still available for Remy and Palo! For any first time cruisers, you should be able to pick up Palo and/or Remy for any of the sea days. Being Silver, we usually have slim pickings and usually have to do a little work once we board the ship to get the ressies we want. Now it's time to count down the days and plan our packing!

Marni

I'm assuming everyone got lucky with their bookings last night! We could not believe how many ressies were still available for Remy and Palo! For any first time cruisers, you should be able to pick up Palo and/or Remy for any of the sea days. Being Silver, we usually have slim pickings and usually have to do a little work once we board the ship to get the ressies we want. Now it's time to count down the days and plan our packing!

Marni

Marni - I do hope you are right. I'm really hoping for Palo Brunch for two, but have to wait another couple of weeks before I can try.

Hi, I'm a first time cruiser and will be sailing on the Dec 20th sailing. My cousin won't be able to join me due to the dates but was considering the NYE cruise. I no longer see it listed. Is is really sold out? It only comes up with 3 available cruises for the month of December. Hopefully it's just my crazy system as I would hate for her to have to wait until next year holidays.

TIA

Sending love and hugs to all in this group. I will likely be joining you this week. I feel joy at the prospect of doing so, but I wish it were under other circumstances.

My husband and I have taken three Disney cruises before - most recently, we went to Alaska in summer 2013. This cruise will complete our "grand slam," should we choose to go.

After Alaska, we began trying to start a family and have spent the past year battling infertility and loss. We thought we had won our battle back in May when we found ourselves pregnant with a baby boy due in February. Last weekend, we lost our precious baby Ethan William at 22 weeks gestation when I developed an infection and went into much-too-early labor. Heartbroken is not the word.

My parents are encouraging us to get away for the holidays to spend time regrouping, healing, and finding joy again as we get ready to keep trying. I am a bit scared of the families with children who will be bursting with Christmas/New Year's cheer on this cruise and at the World this holiday season, but I am unsure (especially given our mutual of love Disney) of what better place we could go to learn that joy is still possible.

We're going to consult with your counselor tomorrow and see what she says, but hopefully she will agree. If she does, I look forward to seeing you all in a few months and learning how to smile again with you all by my side.

Marni

Sadly, no Palo Brunch for us this cruise. I guess I'll just have to book another cruise. There were still lots of Remy dinners and a few Palo dinners - but I want to do the dinners with the whole family.

Sending love and hugs to all in this group. I will likely be joining you this week. I feel joy at the prospect of doing so, but I wish it were under other circumstances.

My husband and I have taken three Disney cruises before - most recently, we went to Alaska in summer 2013. This cruise will complete our "grand slam," should we choose to go.

After Alaska, we began trying to start a family and have spent the past year battling infertility and loss. We thought we had won our battle back in May when we found ourselves pregnant with a baby boy due in February. Last weekend, we lost our precious baby Ethan William at 22 weeks gestation when I developed an infection and went into much-too-early labor. Heartbroken is not the word.

My parents are encouraging us to get away for the holidays to spend time
regrouping, healing, and finding joy again as we get ready to keep trying. I am a bit scared of the families with children who will be bursting with Christmas/New Year's cheer on this cruise and at the World this holiday season, but I am unsure (especially given our mutual of love Disney) of what better place we could go to learn that joy is still possible.

We're going to consult with your counselor tomorrow and see what she says, but hopefully she will agree. If she does, I look forward to seeing you all in a few months and learning how to smile again with you all by my side.

So sorry for your great loss! If you decide to join us; WELCOME! We will be celebrating the Holidays on this cruise with our 2 children. Our son is biological and our amazing daughter is adopted after six miscarriages. Never give up on your dreams - they may come true in ways you never imagined!
Best of everything to you!

Marni

Sadly, no Palo Brunch for us this cruise. I guess I'll just have to book another cruise. There were still lots of Remy dinners and a few Palo dinners - but I want to do the dinners with the whole family.

Remember to check for a reservation once on board. This is usually how we grab a spot in Palo or Remy.

Good luck,
Marni

This is our 2nd cruise but first fish extenders and we are excited to meet everyone and join in the fun. We have our FE made and getting our gifts together. Like you I am a little lost on the entire process but picking up pieces of it along the way. I just got added to the list today. It won't be long

We are traveling on the 12/27/14 Disney Fantasy Cruise as well. A couple of days ago I tried to join the facebook page but didn't post on here.

My name is Sarah and my husband and I have four kids traveling with us. We have been on 3 other Disney Cruises (can't remember dates).

I would like to join the facebook group and also do a fish extender group if any of you know how I can join one of those I would appreciate the help.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Thanks, Sarah

Hi all! I sure hope this makes it to the Fantasy NYE 2014 board. Lol it's my first time posting so we will see....

My name is Melissa and I'm so excited to be taking my children (DS 11, DS almost 9 and DD 3) on their first cruise ever!

Earlier this year I completed my divorce that came as a complete shock to both me and my children. I promised them once everything was over we would
go have FUN! I decided going during the holidays would be perfect so
We weren't sitting and moping how things aren't like they used
To be.

So here we are and super excited to join in the fun!!!

Is it too late to join in the Fish Extender Group? I KNOW the kids would LOVE it. I JUST stumbled across the term or we would have inquired sooner.

Please feel free to share any and all tips and suggestions!!!

See y'all soon! :) yes, we are from Texas! :)
Safe travels to all!
Melissa

Hi all! I sure hope this makes it to the Fantasy NYE 2014 board. Lol it's my first time posting so we will see....

My name is Melissa and I'm so excited to be taking my children (DS 11, DS almost 9 and DD 3) on their first cruise ever!

Earlier this year I completed my divorce that came as a complete shock to both me and my children. I promised them once everything was over we would
go have FUN! I decided going during the holidays would be perfect so
We weren't sitting and moping how things aren't like they used
To be.

So here we are and super excited to join in the fun!!!

Is it too late to join in the Fish Extender Group? I KNOW the kids would LOVE it.
I JUST stumbled across the term or we would have inquired sooner.

Please feel free to share any and all tips and suggestions!!!

See y'all soon! :) yes, we are from Texas! :)
Safe travels to all!
Melissa

Welcome to you and your family! You will make wonderful memories of this Christmas and New Year's. Enjoy your time together and try not to get overwhelmed with all there is to do.:). Wishing you and your family all the best!

Marni

Hi All! So glad I found this thread! We are sailing on the New Years Cruise too. We have sailed on the Disney Wonder and Dream. This trip is an early High School Graduation present for my son (his choice!). We booked it the day it became available.

Me, my husband, my son (17) and daughter (15) will be sailing. My parents, brother, sister and family friend are also sailing with us. Can't wait!!!!

We're making our fish extenders this weekend, but we've never done this before. I sent a private message about getting involved - but if anyone has any information, that would be great!

Our family of 4 would love to participate in the FE if it's not too late. I saw previous posts about sending private messages, but I am unable to send private messages through this site. If someone is organizing the FE and we can still participate, can you please contact me?

KT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter