Fantasy NYE Cruise 12/27/2014

Cannot believe how little action we have for this cruise!?! Our cruise for summer 2015 already has more pages! :confused3. Are most just being active on facebook?

Marni

Cannot believe how little action we have for this cruise!?! Our cruise for summer 2015 already has more pages! :confused3. Are most just being active on facebook?

Marni

I agree about this thread being quiet but my two summer 2015 cruises have gone mostly dark too. DW covers FB for these trips but she is not nearly as obsessed with the planning. Sure miss the activity.

Greetings!
We will be cruising with you all in December. By we I mean me (Nancy), DH (Michael), and DS (Sean) who'll be celebrating his 25th birthday while on the cruise. We haven't been on a cruise since Sean was 3, on the "Big Red Boat".
We are DVC owners since 1999, and visit WDW 2-3 times a year.
I am the family planner, and Disney nut.
Looking forward to meting you all!
I just sent a FB request to join the group. (How do you get those icons that are a countdown to your trip, in your signature line?)

Nancypixiedust:

For you experienced cruisers - what excursions have you taken that were good for the whole family? For Puerto Rico I am looking into cave exploration or horseback rides along the beach. I have no idea what we may want to do in St. Thomas. This being our first cruise, we have to wait until October to reserve anything through the ship - I've been looking elsewhere and considering making reservations on my own. Any advice for a newbie?

For you experienced cruisers - what excursions have you taken that were good for the whole family? For Puerto Rico I am looking into cave exploration or horseback rides along the beach. I have no idea what we may want to do in St. Thomas. This being our first cruise, we have to wait until October to reserve anything through the ship - I've been looking elsewhere and considering making reservations on my own. Any advice for a newbie?

Haven't been to Puerto Rico so I have no experienced advice for that port. My preliminary research is leading us to a trip to the rainforest. I contacted three private tours with no luck. Maybe too close to the holiday. Probably will have to do it with DCL.

From St. Thomas we took the DCL tour to St. John that involved a nature walk to the beach and then an old plantation. It was wonderful and we plan on repeating it. Very unusual for us to repeat something. Tempted to do on our own this time but concerned that we'd be on a different island than the ship if we had ferry issues.

Thanks. The nature walk and old plantation sounds like something we would like (as long as it leaves us time for the boss-lady to do some shopping ;) )

I keep finding conflicting information about the horse riding in Puerto Rico. Some sources say my 9 year old will be fine, others say he has to be 10. The cave exploration looks like fun, so I may go that direction.

For anyone planning a pre-cruise WDW stay, I just want to bring to your attention that the CP bookings opened up today. We've got Marrakesh for lunch on the 22nd. Two shows for the price of one. :)

For anyone planning a pre-cruise WDW stay, I just want to bring to your attention that the CP bookings opened up today. We've got Marrakesh for lunch on the 22nd. Two shows for the price of one. :)

Our WDW plans are pretty much set - the only ADR we wanted but couldn't get was dinner at Be Our Guest. Now I just have to wait until we get closer to our vacation date to sign up for cruise activities and FP+ at the parks.

Our WDW plans are pretty much set - the only ADR we wanted but couldn't get was dinner at Be Our Guest. Now I just have to wait until we get closer to our vacation date to sign up for cruise activities and FP+ at the parks.

I've sketched out my FP+ schedule and just waiting on our window. Didn't like planning my days so far in advance but hopefully I'll enjoy not running around to obtain FP-.

Narrowed down St. John to the nature hike and Honeymoon Beach. It'll be our first repeat excursion, we liked it that much. Still trying to find a private guide to take us into El Yunque. It's New Year's Eve and I can't catch a bite yet.

I'm thinking about going to the Rio Camuy cave tour in PR. The tour is about 1.5 hours plus wait time and transportation. If I we get there early enough we can do tour the cave and still have time to chill/shop/whatever. Has anyone on this board visited there before?

For those interested, one of the members on the cruise is taking sign-ups for a private mixology class in another forum.

Hello everyone! My family of 4 is excited to ring in the New Year on our very first cruise! Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Hello everyone! My family of 4 is excited to ring in the New Year on our very first cruise! Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Welcome! My family is looking forward to our first cruise as well. These boards have been a wealth of information for my planning.

We will also be experiencing our first cruise on the Fantasy on December 27, 2014. I am interested in joining a group for the fish extenders for our family of four. Do you know of any groups that have been started or are you interested?

We will also be experiencing our first cruise on the Fantasy on December 27, 2014. I am interested in joining a group for the fish extenders for our family of four. Do you know of any groups that have been started or are you interested?

There is at least one FE group mentioned earlier on this thread.

The other day I mentioned to The Boss Lady that we had about 4 months left until vacation time. She agreed that there were STILL 4 months to go! What is she thinking? I meant that we ONLY have 4 months left! One of us is obviously not taking this whole planning thing seriously. :confused3

The other day I mentioned to The Boss Lady that we had about 4 months left until vacation time. She agreed that there were STILL 4 months to go! What is she thinking? I meant that we ONLY have 4 months left! One of us is obviously not taking this whole planning thing seriously. :confused3

Our family's habit upon disembarkation is to count the months until our next planned sailing and then tell each other that we are not leaving but rather beginning a ___ month excursion. It's easier on the mind that way.

Could whoever is keeping track of the FE for or cruise please post an updated list here on the DIS? Some of us actually do not FB at all (one more thing for me to be addicted to!), and with it getting fairly close to our cruise! I need a count of our FE friends!! Also, I have seen no info on a cut off date for our FE.

Thanks so much!

Marni

We are going on our second DCL adventure this year. We cruised in 2012 on the Dream over Halloween. It's my husband and I, my mother, and our three girls. We didn't know anything about the fish extenders last time but I know the girls would love to participate in it. Please keep me updated on any plans for that.

PS. Girls will not know until Christmas morning that we are going on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter