FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've booked our on site stay at AoA. It is a long shot, but if my mom decides to come with us we would move to an off site hotel or condo to have more room etc. I really want her to come but am not planning on it. If she did, it would likely be a fairly last minute decision.

What happens if I book my FP+ at 60 days but then we switch to off site? Would I lose them and have to re-book?

That would be fine if she decides a month in advance but it could be as little as two weeks.

I've booked our on site stay at AoA. It is a long shot, but if my mom decides to come with us we would move to an off site hotel or condo to have more room etc. I really want her to come but am not planning on it. If she did, it would likely be a fairly last minute decision.

What happens if I book my FP+ at 60 days but then we switch to off site? Would I lose them and have to re-book?

That would be fine if she decides a month in advance but it could be as little as two weeks.

If you are within 30 days when you switch to offsite the FPs should remain.

I have three different Hotel Reservations. 2 are for a Friday and Saturday at All-Stars Movies, then 1 for 6 nights at Yacht Club. Will my 60-day window open for my whole time 60 days out from my first reservation or will have to wait until 60 days before my Yacht Club reservation?

I split the reservations to get the 30% discount. Yacht didn't have it for Friday or Saturday and All-Stars didn't have it for Saturday and I'm cheap.

Edit: I think I found what I needed in the FAQ. Thanks

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. We are arriving at WDW 2 days before our friends. Both parties are staying onsite. We are in one resort hotel for our first two nights, and then switch to another resort hotel on the day our friends arrive. We have AP's and RO reservations. Our friends have a package reservation. We would like to book fastpass+ times together. We are linked in MDE. Can we book everyone's fastpass+ times when our window opens or do we need to wait until their window opens? Thanks!

Yesterday, I purchased two one-day non-MK regular tickets. They are showing on MDX as linked to me and my companion.

I cannot book any 30 day FPs. I presume this is because the next 45 days or so are all peak days and my tickets are only regular tickets. That's my guess, at least.

However, I also have a room reservation in early August onsite. It shows as linked in MDX and the 2 guests who have the one-day tickets assigned to them are guests on the reservation. This is when I plan to use the tickets. Early August, when my reservation is, is not peak. And the reservation is within 60 days. Yet, it shows me as locked out of FPs.

Any guesses what's going on? Are non-peak one-day tickets more limited with respect to the windows for booking even when there is a room reservation?

Yesterday, I purchased two one-day non-MK regular tickets. They are showing on MDX as linked to me and my companion.

I cannot book any 30 day FPs. I presume this is because the next 45 days or so are all peak days and my tickets are only regular tickets. That's my guess, at least.

However, I also have a room reservation in early August onsite. It shows as linked in MDX and the 2 guests who have the one-day tickets assigned to them are guests on the reservation. This is when I plan to use the tickets. Early August, when my reservation is, is not peak. And the reservation is within 60 days. Yet, it shows me as locked out of FPs.

Any guesses what's going on? Are non-peak one-day tickets more limited with respect to the windows for booking even when there is a room reservation?
The blocked out portion appears to be keeping your complete window closed. The software wouldn't know which day you plan to book even with an onsite stay.

You'll need to call IT and ask if they can book FPs for you.

The blocked out portion appears to be keeping your complete window closed. The software wouldn't know which day you plan to book even with an onsite stay.

You'll need to call IT and ask if they can book FPs for you.

Crud. Thanks. For $12 more I just should have purchased peak. Do you think that would have fixed the problem?

I imagine there is no way to change the tickets to peak now without going to the parks?

Crud. Thanks. For $12 more I just should have purchased peak. Do you think that would have fixed the problem?

I imagine there is no way to change the tickets to peak now without going to the parks?
Yes - you would have the full 60 + length of Stay.

Call Ticketing - because everything is digital - they can upgrade for you if you purchased directly from Disney.

Yes - you would have the full 60 + length of Stay.

Call Ticketing - because everything is digital - they can upgrade for you if you purchased directly from Disney.

Thanks. The fastpasses magically opened just now. There was about a 24 hour delay. I can see all dates from now until the end of my booking that are not peak dates. So maybe I just needed to bellyache a little!

I have had single-day tickets upgraded to peak (and child to adult) over the phone before. Give it a shot!

Good morning everyone. We are arriving at WDW 2 days before our friends. Both parties are staying onsite. We are in one resort hotel for our first two nights, and then switch to another resort hotel on the day our friends arrive. We have AP's and RO reservations. Our friends have a package reservation. We would like to book fastpass+ times together. We are linked in MDE. Can we book everyone's fastpass+ times when our window opens or do we need to wait until their window opens? Thanks!
When we went to WDW last June my sister was able to book fps for all of us even though some of us had package tickets that didn't become active until a day later. She arrived the day before the rest of us. DH and I had AP's and our son and grandsons had package tickets and she was able to select fps for them all when her 60 window opened. :)

Love all the info!! I am so worried about fast passes BC it's our first trip and I am not sure what to use them on and then I worry will we be near where we have fast passes when it's time... so worried about missing our fast pass time!!!

Tomorrow is our Fastpass booking day. My sister and I are traveling together. Should we both login at 7 to book, or will that mess things up?

Tomorrow is our Fastpass booking day. My sister and I are traveling together. Should we both login at 7 to book, or will that mess things up?

It won't mess anything up, but it's probably not necessary either. Just concentrate on getting the 3 or so tough atttactions first (on the days you want them) then go back and fill in the rest.

When we went to WDW last June my sister was able to book fps for all of us even though some of us had package tickets that didn't become active until a day later. She arrived the day before the rest of us. DH and I had AP's and our son and grandsons had package tickets and she was able to select fps for them all when her 60 window opened. :)

This gives me hope! Thank you for taking the time to reply. :)

Love all the info!! I am so worried about fast passes BC it's our first trip and I am not sure what to use them on and then I worry will we be near where we have fast passes when it's time... so worried about missing our fast pass time!!!
Post #5 of this thread will help you figure out which attractions are the best use of your FP selections.

Make a list of all the attractions that you and your group would be interested in then compare that to post #5 to get an idea of would you might want to consider choosing. It might also be handy to have park maps to reference while your choosing times for your FP selections as a way to avoid criss-crossing the park.

Have fun!

I tried to find this answer about booking fastpasses but I could not. Hopefully someone else has gone through this.

We are going to DW with another family. We do this often and usually everyone else in the other family has a MDE account. In the other family the mom does not have an account. Her AP is linked on her husband's account - I am linked with her husband and all the kids - so when I go to make the fastpasses, I can make them for all of their family but her - it doesn't see her AP. Does she have to have a MDE account (she didn't want to make one) or can I just add her AP to my MDE account for her as well as on her husband's account? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

I tried to find this answer about booking fastpasses but I could not. Hopefully someone else has gone through this.

We are going to DW with another family. We do this often and usually everyone else in the other family has a MDE account. In the other family the mom does not have an account. Her AP is linked on her husband's account - I am linked with her husband and all the kids - so when I go to make the fastpasses, I can make them for all of their family but her - it doesn't see her AP. Does she have to have a MDE account (she didn't want to make one) or can I just add her AP to my MDE account for her as well as on her husband's account? I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.
You can't add her AP to your account. It is already linked to her husband. She doesn't have to have a MDE account. She just needs to have a profile on her husband's MDE account.

I'm not sure why you can't see her AP if you can see her husband's AP and the kids. Is her AP linked to a profile on her husband's account? It would be easy enough for him to add one for her.

Interesting. I would have thought she would have appeared when you linked to that family's account. You can try and add her ticket to your MDE account (if she wants). If she is already linked to AP to her husband/s account, it shouldn't let you add it. But if you do add it - then I would think it may make things difficult later when they go as a family without you all.

He just needs to make sure she is added as a guest under his friends and family list in MDE.

In our scenario - I told my mom to log into my MDE account and add her tix so i can make the fast passes all at once. she somehow heard this as "create your own an account and add the ticket" - HA HA HA!

I was able to add my Dad's ticket to my MDE account (he has no MDE account) - but not my Mom's. MDE message said the ticket was already linked. But when I finally linked our two MDE accounts, her's popped up as available.

Maybe it work's different for AP's?

You can't add her AP to your account. It is already linked to her husband. She doesn't have to have a MDE account. She just needs to have a profile on her husband's MDE account.

I'm not sure why you can't see her AP if you can see her husband's AP and the kids. Is her AP linked to a profile on her husband's account? It would be easy enough for him to add one for her.

I guess I have to ask that question but they go several times a year and her husband makes all the fastpasses for them - so she would have to have a profile on his account. I was linked with their kids because their kids have come with us to DW before and they have their own MDE accounts. I thought I would see her as well once I linked with him. I will ask. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter