FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing FPs for a larger party. Most do not have MDE accounts or their emails set up. The tickets are linked to my account as they are in my friends and family list, and some of them are on the onsite reservation with us.

Question - Will I be able to book FPs for everyone (those that are NOT staying on site and those that are) at the 60 day mark?

If so, do I need to have them set up their own MDE account or is it okay that I can see all the tickets from my account (the tickets were bought on my account)?
Won't those staying off site have to wait until 30 days?
Yes, if they are offsite then 30 days.
When booking FPs, offsite people grouped with onsite people benefit from the 60-day booking window. The offsite people can be listed in the MDE with the onsite reservation or linked to that MDE. As long as one onsite person is selected in the group, everyone benefits from the 60-day window.

30 day Windows are for offsite people who don't have onsite friends. :)

When booking FPs, offsite people grouped with onsite people benefit from the 60-day booking window. The offsite people can be listed in the MDE with the onsite reservation or linked to that MDE. As long as one onsite person is selected in the group, everyone benefits from the 60-day window.

30 day Windows are for offsite people who don't have onsite friends. :)
Awesome! Ok, so do they need to set up MDE accounts or is mine sufficient since they are linked?

I am chaperoning a school field trip. I am rooming with another parent (someone I didn't know beforehand, but just recently met). Since I was designated the "leader" of the room reservation, the resort confirmation number was given to me and was added to my MDE a few weeks ago and this other parent I'm rooming with was listed as an additional guest.

I linked my tickets to my MDE, and she linked her tickets to her own MDE. I invited her to connect as a friend and we're linked, however, now when I look at my FP reservations, I see all of hers, as well. The problem is you don't know whose is whose until you actually click on it (to modify, etc.). I'm worried that she could accidentally change my FP thinking it's hers if she's not totally paying attention to the name. We do have similar attractions picked and some at similar times.

So, I went ahead and changed my setting for her to only view "shared plans". That means she'll no longer be able to see my FPs even though I can still see hers, right? As a person who can only view "shared plans", what exactly can she see of mine?

Correct. No FPs for MK fireworks.

The area is now for Dessert Party guests.
Just to add to this - the Plaza side is used for the dessert party. The Casey's side is open to the public, and where we usually sit. You can grab a spot in the grass 30-45 minutes in advance most nights.

Just to add to this - the Plaza side is used for the dessert party. The Casey's side is open to the public, and where we usually sit. You can grab a spot in the grass 30-45 minutes in advance most nights.
And my experience with FP even on the Plaza side, was that it was just as crowded at the Hub...with shoulder sitting children everywhere. No improvement at all from just staking out a spot in the HUB and waiting it out. I know others have said their experience was different, but I was pretty disappointed that I had wasted a FP and didn't escape the crush.

And my experience with FP even on the Plaza side, was that it was just as crowded at the Hub...with shoulder sitting children everywhere. No improvement at all from just staking out a spot in the HUB and waiting it out. I know others have said their experience was different, but I was pretty disappointed that I had wasted a FP and didn't escape the crush.
Oh, wow, we have NEVER had that experience - when it was FP or since. Most folks are usually sitting and there's plenty of elbow room. So sorry you experienced otherwise! Avoiding that is EXACTLY why we'd "waste" an FP on the fireworks!

I just used FP for Expedition Everest, then The Safari and Star Tours later in the day. Everything in Epcot was showing unavailable for tonight and I kept refreshing and just got Test Track for this evening. Same day rides for good attractions are possible.

We bought our park tickets this morning and did all these rides by 3PM

We have a reservation on property for the end of April and have made our FP+ reservations. A friend has offered us a condo for our trip and we are considering switching but are weighing all the pros and cons and are trying to decide where the FPs fall. If we cancel our resort reservation will we lose our FPs or will they stay attached to our APs? TIA

We have a reservation on property for the end of April and have made our FP+ reservations. A friend has offered us a condo for our trip and we are considering switching but are weighing all the pros and cons and are trying to decide where the FPs fall. If we cancel our resort reservation will we lose our FPs or will they stay attached to our APs? TIA
If you Cancel your room reservation 29 days before your last park day, you'll retain all your FPs. That's the safest way to do it since you have APs.

My group of 9 (only getting FP+ for 8, as one is an infant) have 4 day tickets. Can we only get FP+ for 4 days? If we decide to add a day while at Disney, we would only be able to add a 5th day of FP+ then. Is this correct? In other words, I can't make 5 days of FP+ when my window opens up, since we currently only have 4 day tickets?

My group of 9 (only getting FP+ for 8, as one is an infant) have 4 day tickets. Can we only get FP+ for 4 days? If we decide to add a day while at Disney, we would only be able to add a 5th day of FP+ then. Is this correct? In other words, I can't make 5 days of FP+ when my window opens up, since we currently only have 4 day tickets?

Correct on all questions.

We are making a trip with kids and grandkids and doing a split stay. On moving day, DH and I treat it as a rest day. But the kids will probably go into a park. Do we have to enter a park in order for them to use our FPs for that day? Thank you for any help.

I tried reading the second FP thread fora fourth time. It does seem we would have to go it for them to use our FP that we made ahead. They could take our MB and go to a kiosk and look for FP but they won't be getting there until about 11 and leaving a few hours later. Not much leeway for looking for FP.

Last edited:
Hi, does the Kiosk support the 'change party' feature, or does that only apply to a device where you log onto your MDX? thanks!

Hi, does the Kiosk support the 'change party' feature, or does that only apply to a device where you log onto your MDX? thanks!
At AK today and looked a couple times at a kiosk and couldn't find it. Only choices seem to be Modify or Cancel and Modify just looks for an alternate FP or time - no way to change party I could find there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter