FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears like no one has seen anything yet about the two Pandora rides and FP. It seems like we should be getting info soon. Anyone who books a 10 night vacation at a Disney resort starting on May 17 should see FPs for May 27.

Further, someone could book a "test" refundable 10 night stay at a Disney resort today with the resort day starting on May 17 and if they have an unused WDW ticket linked they should be able to see what things look like on May 27. Then they could cancel their reservation after they see and report. :rolleyes1

Thoughts?

:wizard:

Last year, those after 6:30 were
cancelled, so make sure your first FP on party nights is 3:30-4:30. Also, if you plan to book FPs at another park in the morning, you won't be able to also book FPs at MK on your party ticket. You are still limited to 3 FPs per day, regardless of your ticket entitlements.

Sorry, I should have specified in my question that I would be booking FP during the 3:30 - 6:30 time period that's been allowed the past few years, not during actual party. I'm trying to decide whether or not to link them to my MDE or not. Thanks!

Sorry, I should have specified in my question that I would be booking FP during the 3:30 - 6:30 time period that's been allowed the past few years, not during actual party. I'm trying to decide whether or not to link them to my MDE or not. Thanks!
Link them to fake names/phantoms in your MDE account and then book the FPs. Use the party tickets at the FP entrances.

When booking FP+, is it best to book by park or get the popular rides first for the length of your stay and then go back and book the rest of the park?

For example, if I were to want FEA, the new rides in Pandora, and SDMT on different days, would I book each of those first and then go back to book the rest in Epcot, AK & MK? Or would I have to book all of AK, then Epcot, then MK?

For example, if I were to want FEA, the new rides in Pandora, and SDMT on different days, would I book each of those first and then go back to book the rest in Epcot, AK & MK?
Yes. Begin with your top priority rides and then do the filler rides later. You'll have an advantage over the people who are booking FPs for complete days before moving to another day.

4th FP question..

Can you book your 4th right after you scan your 1st booked FP? Saw this on another thread. We have always booked after scanning the 3rd.

4th FP question..

Can you book your 4th right after you scan your 1st booked FP? Saw this on another thread. We have always booked after scanning the 3rd.
Scan your 3rd FP and then immediately book your 4th.

Booking after scanning FP#1 is for Park Hopping when only 1 or 2 FPs have initially been booked.

It appears like no one has seen anything yet about the two Pandora rides and FP. It seems like we should be getting info soon. Anyone who books a 10 night vacation at a Disney resort starting on May 17 should see FPs for May 27.

Further, someone could book a "test" refundable 10 night stay at a Disney resort today with the resort day starting on May 17 and if they have an unused WDW ticket linked they should be able to see what things look like on May 27. Then they could cancel their reservation after they see and report. :rolleyes1

Thoughts?

Are you volunteering? :)

On Saturday, which strategy will you use for booking for AK? Book only 1 FP and leave 2 available, or, book all 3 and then Modify as soon as Pandora FPs open?
LOL, seriously I was going to ask you what you think is best based on the April 27 FP guess.

Unlike SDMT and FEA reported earlier, there are now of course two rides opening on the same day. And no one knows if WDW will introduce tiered FPs to AK. So both of those differences from SDMT and FEA make it more challenging.

What I am inclined to do at this point is to book 3 FPs for May 27 then modify on April 27 (assuming that is indeed the day). I was already planning to get only one FP between FoP and NRJ (can we start using acronyms yet? :)) and standby the other ride by arriving super early to AK (7AM??) for an 8AM EMH.

This is a surprise trip for my travel companion who has never been to WDW so we have to hit all the normal AK things too. So I have decided to use one of my FPs on May 27 for RoL. And the other probably for EE.

I also have decided after much thought to come back to AK on the 28th in the evening after resting all of the 28th during the day. I will use the 3 FPs on the 28th for at least one evening ride of FoP or NRJ or both if they are not tiered. That hopefully will get us two rides on FoP and NRJ. If not we may just tough out Standby on the eve of the 28th for the ride we do not FP.

All thoughts and critiques are welcome!

So assuming tiers are introduced, what do we think will be tier 1? Obviously both Pandora rides....but what else? ROL? EE? KS? I wonder what happens if you have 2 (or 3) of those booked prior to 4/27....would you have the option to modify all of them to the Pandora tier 1's? I have June trip booked and am willing to test any theories as well!

What I am inclined to do at this point is to book 3 FPs for May 27 then modify on April 27 (assuming that is indeed the day).
Because your FP#1 and FP#2 will be at night(?), that does leave most of your day not blocked off when trying for Pandora for FP#3.

I would leave FP#3 open because when you go to book it, the system will have a wide variety of availability of rides and times from which to choose.

I have a Barnstormer "research" FP booked for next week. When I tap "Modify" the system has to search specific Barnstormer availability and then all ride availability after that.

With an open FP slot, the system begins with total ride availability and isn't encumbered by a specific ride Search.

FoP and NRJ (can we start using acronyms yet?)
Yes and I believe @rteetz and @mesaboy2 will agree. @rteetz has suffered enough by me asking him about the "banshee ride" and the "boat ride." ;)

So assuming tiers are introduced, what do we think will be tier 1
I think EE and FOLK would be good Tier 1s because you can still ride or enter Standby without horrendous waits. Standby at Safari can be much too long to be a Tier 1 and grouped with the Pandora rides.

On Saturday, which strategy will you use for booking for AK? Book only 1 FP and leave 2 available, or, book all 3 and then Modify as soon as Pandora FPs open?
My FP day is April 4th. I am booking ROL for both of my potential AK days, and probably EE for both days as well. I think Character Spot for day 1 and a "dusk" safari day 2. I plan to hit KS at RD on my AK day 1 but if AK goes to tiers, especially if FoP, NRJ, and ROL go to tier 1, I will do NRJ at RD, split my FP for FoP and EE (I don't do simulator rides and DH doesn't do roller coasters), and depending upon the tiering of KS, book that for day 1 or keep Character Spot. ROL would be kept for day 2.

So assuming tiers are introduced, what do we think will be tier 1? Obviously both Pandora rides....but what else? ROL? EE? KS? I wonder what happens if you have 2 (or 3) of those booked prior to 4/27....would you have the option to modify all of them to the Pandora tier 1's? I have June trip booked and am willing to test any theories as well!
My hope would be only FoP, NRJ, and ROL. But I could deal with EE if it did go to tier 1, but it would be annoying. LOL. I'm really hoping KS does not go to tier 1.

That's a good question about what would they do if you had 2 tier 1's booked. If they only do ROL and the Pandora rides, that would not be an issue as no one would have 2 tier 1's booked already.

If they only do ROL and the Pandora rides, that would not be an issue as no one would have 2 tier 1's booked already.
That's a good point, but I can't imagine not including EE or KS as a tier 1?

I may just play the odds and book all 3 just to see what happens! (ROL, EE and KS!) Obviously my plans will all change once the Pandora rides are introduced, but my curiosity won't let me not book something! I just hope it won't be a cancel and rebook to get the new rides / tiers to populate (assuming they move to tiers).

Can someone please point me to the post which explains how to change your 2nd and 3rd FP to a different park than your 1st?

That's a good point, but I can't imagine not including EE or KS as a tier 1?

I may just play the odds and book all 3 just to see what happens! (ROL, EE and KS!) Obviously my plans will all change once the Pandora rides are introduced, but my curiosity won't let me not book something! I just hope it won't be a cancel and rebook to get the new rides / tiers to populate (assuming they move to tiers).
For my AK day 2, I am going to book all 3, as well. Not just for the curiosity factor but it will be interesting to see what happens.

I just wish they would go ahead and announce tiers or not. I mean, even if they don't allow us to book the FPs, at least clue us in to what is going to happen...but I guess that is too much to ask, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter