FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling all you wonderful FP+ experts! Here is our situation: spending 3 nights onsite at AOA, each person in party has 2 day hopper tickets. We would like to spend 1 day at AK, and 1 day Epcot/MK combo, with a resort day in between the 2. Will I be able to book FPs for the 1st day and last day (3rd day) of our stay, or do FPs have to be on consecutive days in our case since our tickets are 2 days? I hope I didn't confuse anyone, and TIA for your assistance!

No need to be consecutive. You can book any two days within the reservation stay when the 60 day window opens.

We only have a one night reservation onsite, so will have a rolling 60 days to book the rest of our days. Our checkin is Oct. 27 but we aren't making any reservations until Oct. 29.

Figured that our 60 days out for Oct. 27 would be Aug.28 and it would let us book for Oct. 27. However, yesterday on August 28 we were allowed to book for Oct. 28.

Today, we figured that would mean that we could book for Oct. 29 but the calendar has not advanced a day to Oct. 29. Is that because staying onsite for 1 night with a 5 day ticket opened the booking window for two days?

Any ideas? This shouldn't be that confusing.

For people that are at the 60 day mark, what date exactly were you allowed to book today?

Our arrival day is October 27th as well and I booked all my FastPasses at 7am on August 28th. It opened for all the days we are staying onsite at Beach Club (Oct. 27th- Nov. 2nd) so I was able to secure FastPasses for all those days.

I hope this is helpful.

would be allowed to book your other Fastpasses at the 30-day mark. I'm not 100% positive if that's correct though.
It isn't correct.

When a 60-day window opens, it continues to roll forward each day after the onsite checkout date.

A 30-day window never applies to anyone with an onsite reservation.

It isn't correct.

When a 60-day window opens, it continues to roll forward each day after the onsite checkout date.

A 30-day window never applies to anyone with an onsite reservation.

Thanks for the info, I edited my post. I guess my bigger question then is, if someone has only a 1-night onsite reservation, why do they get the same benefits of those staying onsite for several days? I assumed the 60-day opening was a benefit for those who were staying onsite each night they have their ticket. Otherwise, If you are staying offsite and not on Disney property, I thought the 30day rule applied. I may just be confusing myself! LOL

Thanks for the info, I edited my post. I guess my bigger question then is, if someone has only a 1-night onsite reservation, why do they get the same benefits of those staying onsite for several days? I assumed the 60-day opening was a benefit for those who were staying onsite each night they have their ticket. Otherwise, If you are staying offsite and not on Disney property, I thought the 30day rule applied. I may just be confusing myself! LOL
It's the fact that Disney leaves the 60-day window open and "rolling."

The next time you are onsite and in your hotel, check your MDE - your booking window will be open for the upcoming 60 days even though you are in the midst of your vacation.

It's probably one of the reasons why the original team who developed My Magic+ no longer work for Disney. ;)

Could just do with a bit of advice on trying to snag a FoP FP+

I've been unsuccessful trying to get one today, but keep checking 'modify' to see if anything else comes up...
However, it looks like it will avoid the window I already have 2 FPs secured in, and only search outside of those times. Is there any way around this?
I don't want to release them all, because Everest and the Safari are all out of FPs now, so I want to keep what I have, but would be willing to give these up if FoP came up...

Any tips?

One more question...

If I've booked just 2 Fastpasses, then change parks, can I still only book the 3rd once I've entered the park?

Alternatively, if I've booked 3 Fastpasses, but don't use the 3rd, then change parks, can I then change the 3rd for something in the new park, once I've entered?

Could just do with a bit of advice on trying to snag a FoP FP+

I've been unsuccessful trying to get one today, but keep checking 'modify' to see if anything else comes up...
However, it looks like it will avoid the window I already have 2 FPs secured in, and only search outside of those times. Is there any way around this?
I don't want to release them all, because Everest and the Safari are all out of FPs now, so I want to keep what I have, but would be willing to give these up if FoP came up...

Any tips?
Do you have NRJ scheduled as your tier 1 right now? Only other option you have is cancelling that FP and searching for FOP as a "new" FP. When adding a selection, it will search all available times, but indicate which times overlap with another existing FP. When modifying, you'll only see times that do not conflict with other FPs scheduled. Also try splitting your party up into singles or doubles. You may have more luck that way.

One more question...

If I've booked just 2 Fastpasses, then change parks, can I still only book the 3rd once I've entered the park?

Alternatively, if I've booked 3 Fastpasses, but don't use the 3rd, then change parks, can I then change the 3rd for something in the new park, once I've entered?
If you've only pre-booked 2, you can schedule #3 as soon as you check in for your first FP.

If you've prebooked 3 and want to change parks before using them all, you'll need to cancel what's remaining, then book in the 2nd park. You can't "modify" to an attraction in another park.

Do you have NRJ scheduled as your tier 1 right now? Only other option you have is cancelling that FP and searching for FOP as a "new" FP. When adding a selection, it will search all available times, but indicate which times overlap with another existing FP. When modifying, you'll only see times that do not conflict with other FPs scheduled. Also try splitting your party up into singles or doubles. You may have more luck that way.
Ah, that's interesting to know.
I've tried looking for singles (there's just 2 of us), but no joy.
I've got another shot next week with a 60+4, as we've broken our trip up with a cruise in the middle...

If you've only pre-booked 2, you can schedule #3 as soon as you check in for your first FP.

If you've prebooked 3 and want to change parks before using them all, you'll need to cancel what's remaining, then book in the 2nd park. You can't "modify" to an attraction in another park.
Do you have to have entered the second park before you can start to schedule there (in either scenario)?

Is there some place I can go to SEE when my 60 FP+ reservation window opens. I can (and have) do the math, but I'm paranoid that I've messed something up. We check in on Thursday November 2nd. I think our FP+ window opends up this Sunday morning (Sept 3rd) at 6:00am cst.
You can check in MDE, it won't let you book till your day. I also use a date calculator to get the exact number of days, you can find one online that will let you add or subtract and give you a date.

FP+ Modification Question:

I have park hoppers and was able to make all my FP+ choices except for the day we aren't on-site.

**Was not able to get FoP (no surprise). I have park hoppers and want to check to see if the ride becomes available on one of our other days. However, modifying a FP only lets me see the park rides where the FP was made. Is there a way to see the other park choices without cancelling a FP?

FP+ Modification Question:

I have park hoppers and was able to make all my FP+ choices except for the day we aren't on-site.

**Was not able to get FoP (no surprise). I have park hoppers and want to check to see if the ride becomes available on one of our other days. However, modifying a FP only lets me see the park rides where the FP was made. Is there a way to see the other park choices without cancelling a FP?
Yes, the steps are here:
FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Checking Availability; Park Hopping; Additional Tier 1 Booking; FPs for Long Stays

Follow the steps that are written out for Checking Availability.

TY! I knew there must be a way, but "modify" only showed me the park for that day. The warnings threw me off. :)

(Sigh. Still no FoP. I'll keep checking for changes!)

My TA told me to check at midnight and 6 am. She was right! I was able to modify my NRJ FP and get FOP when I was up really late this past Saturday!

Ok, this is my first time doing FP+. So my check-in date is October 31. It's a room only reservation, but I have linked tickets to the account. Right now, when I go to the FP+ page, it only shows 30 days out, but it should show me 60 days out at 7am EST (4am PST) tonight, right??? Just want to make sure. I am getting nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter